If U Don't Already Know, Eggs Make Ur Hair Grow!

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
mscounselor said:
I just wanted to warn those of you that are on the egg challenge to try and eat organic ones. I did some research on things that could be causing my endometriosis to flare up so much and the stuff I read mentionned that due to the hormones that are fed to chickens and other animals to speed their growth, it could be ingested when you eat them. I would hate to see you develop another problem while trying to grow your hair.
If you haven't seen any problems, good for you. Just wanted to throw my 2 cents in.
Do ALL non-organics eggs have hormones in them??? :confused: :confused: :confused:

PrincessDiva

Poohbear said:
Do ALL non-organics eggs have hormones in them??? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Yes all non organic eggs contain hormones. Farmers feed them to chickens to help them mature quickly , so they can sell them quickly .

SqrpioQutie

it's funny that this thread was bumped.... after my bc i had periods where i would up my egg consumption for diet reasons but i'm pretty sure that it aided in my hair growth... there was at least 2 months straight where i had boiled egg whites for breakfast (2-3) daily... i went through the 18 packs every week... i'm starting that again so that i can have a decent breakfast, but i'm seriously wondering how that played into my growth...

LondonDiva

I'm gonna get back on the eggs badwagon. The boiled white only 3x a day I feel ill after eating the yolks. And sticking with Organic only. I've been eating 3-4 daily the past few days and after bumping a thread I started re: eggs & surge it reminded me just how good they were in hair growth for me.

keluric

I eat six egg whites (not crazy about yolks) every day.. I hadn't thought about it for hair growth but I'm sure it's helping.

Isis

gn1g said:
Qustions about protein powder:
Did it make your head hot?
clean out your body?
Do you mean like whey protein powder? No, there's no reason for it to make anyone's head hot or clean out the body. If this happened to you, perhaps there are other ingredients in that protein powder that's responsible for those effects.

happylocks

I am just going to keep sticking to eggs, I stop for a while, but I am going to go back and try eating them again. I used to get atleast 1/2 inch eating eggs, without vitamins, now with nothing I am not getting much growth at all

RainbowCurls

Haven't seen this thread before...

But I can say that eggs are the only thing I have ever been able to definitely attribute to increased growth.
I recently discovered how much I like boiled eggs at will eat 1 most days... and my 'roots' have been increasing faster that usual. (It looks bad...)
And my nails are growing faster too.

I eat organic free range eggs 95% of the time. I find they taste better than cheap eggs, and the hens are probably happier :)

HoneyDew

I eat eggs everyday but I just can't see it making my hair grow faster. :confused: But, I have been doing that for so long, maybe I am just used to it.

I only eat 2 egg whites and one whole egg, but still I eat that everyday. I can't tell that it makes my hair grow faster.

happylocks

Well I was just trying the egg eating from 2-8 an day, I never ate more then 8 that was hard. 4 was not bad nor was 3. But I just boiled them and ate them and it help my hiar grow when I was not taking any vitamins. Keeping the growth is the problem. I know now from not taking any vitamins or eggs, or healthy eating that vitamins work for me and eggs. because my growth for the pass 6 months has been very very slow

happylocks

Eggs give me consistance, I would get atleast 1/2 inch per month, without eggs or vitamins I have not gotten that really. I am going back to eggs, it is something eat and I have had positive results.

Lioness

I'm glad this thread got resurrected lol

I was eating loads of eggs recently (I'm talking 20 per week) and I did notice that my hair was growing at a consistent speed of about 1" per month- but I do take vitamins also.

Anywho, reading this thread remeinded me to up my game. I'll be eating eggs everyday, and cooking dishes with mixed beans...I'm off to the Cooking forum :grin:

My mum eats loads off eggs, and her hair always grows at least 1.5 " per month (and she's not even into strict hair care:lachen:)

A friend of mine loves beans- eats them everyday-her hair's down to her butt.

It's clear that a balanced diet high in protein is the key (in terms of diet) to healthy hair.

Duchesse

mmmmm..I love me some eggs..i'm going to experiment and eat two a day for two months , more beans and soy, and see if I notice a diff. thanks for bumping this.

Cinda2503

Great thread! I'm wondering about the protein shakes. I'm kind of on strike from cooking. I'm just too busy. I was thinking about buying the High protein Ensure shakes and drinking 1 daily. Or maybe I'll just buy some milk. I dunno now yet. I have to do more research.:wallbash:

growinstrong

This sounds like a great idea. I'm gonna do this also. I already consume protein drinks, but have not been consistent for about a month :look:, but I'm gonna get back on it. I'm trying to be full BSL, after a trim, by mid June. We can do this. :yep:

mmmmm..I love me some eggs..i'm going to experiment and eat two a day for two months , more beans and soy, and see if I notice a diff. thanks for bumping this.

domniqqt

Re: If U Don\'t Already Know, Eggs Make Ur Hair Grow!

I read in Shape magazine's book (Shape Your Life) that you can eat up to seven eggs a week healthily.

well dang i passed that quota.:lachen::lachen::lachen:... i eat 3 boiled eggs for breakfast every day well except the weekends because i never get up for breakfast.

the_UnPrettiest_pretty

Beauty IS skin deep.
Wow!! I'm so glad this thread was bumped up. I never saw this. I love, love, love eggs, although I don't eat them daily. I never really paid any attention to any results from hair growth eating them though. Maybe I oughta step up the game and break out the eggs! I'm going to start increasing my protein intake through eggs and shakes and see what happens. I'll report back on any results.

happylocks

I am having such a hard time with my hair that I have to go back to what worked for me and what was simple. I may want 1-2 inches per month but I will accept 1/2 inche then nothing or less each month. Its breaking so much I am going to stick with eggs.