Jamila for Hair vs BAQ Jamila Direct from Pakistan

AtlantaJJ

I wasn't aware there are two type of Jamila henna. I just recently purchased some locally and found out it is hair quality, not BAQ. I am communicating with Jamila manufacture in Pakistan and they told me how to determine the difference between the two types.

Please read below:

<<As FDA does not allow henna powder to be imported and used for body art purposes, so we can not write on the box neither can we change the design stating it for hair or body. There are couple of distinctions we have marked on the body art quality packets and those are.

1. Body Art Jamila henna powder is packed in aluminum foil instead of plastic for better preservation.
2. You will see batch number at the bottom of every body art packet stating the year and month of manufacturing which is absent in hair Jamila.
3. Body Art Qualilty Jamila is packed in shiny box.
4. You will not find Body Art Jamila in local stores as it is exported to the users directly as of limited production.

The rest please feel free to discuss anything related to our product.

Sincerely>>

Ladies how is your Jamila henna packaged? The henna I got this weekend is packaged in cellophane with no batch number on the bottom.

Last edited:

Proudpiscean

Hmmm.....that's good to know! Thanks for posting this!:)
I have only dealt with hennaforhair.com and mehindiskinart so it is packaged in the shiny box with a batch number (in foil).

AtlantaJJ

amr501 said:
Hmmm.....that's good to know! Thanks for posting this!:)
I have only dealt with hennaforhair.com and mehindiskinart so it is packaged in the shiny box with a batch number (in foil).

That would be BAQ Henna my dear. I'm thinking about making a purchase of 5Kg directly from Pakistan.... I have to find out how they package it....

AtlantaJJ

More info from another email from Jamila company:

<<If body art Jamila is USD 100 per 10kg, hair henna is USD 25 per 10kg, ex- factory. The body art Jamila is high in dye contents, more refined and super sifted and easy to wash if used on hair. >>

Proudpiscean

AtlantaJJ said:
That would be BAQ Henna my dear. I'm thinking about making a purchase of 5Kg directly from Pakistan.... I have to find out how they package it....

I just called mehindiskinart.com and inquired about purchasing in bulk (He sells BAQ). He told me that I could get 100 boxes of 100g jamila for $240 or $2.40 per box......I think I'll check out some other source for a better deal...and call him back to see if he wants to make a deal.:cool:

Armyqt

Dag :ohwell: So here I was getting excited because the local grocer ordered some for me and I'm only paying 1.99. My guess is it's not going to be BAQ at those prices. JJ I might want to get in on a bulk order with you. Pls PM me the details if you're interested.

And the nest question is, is this Jamila (not BAQ) safe to use on hair? Ladies who've used Jamila, can you please check your boxes for authenthicity? Thanks JJ for getting this info. :)

Cichelle

This is EXCELLENT information. I have several boxes of henna and they have differences, including a shiny box (or not). I was very curious about the reason why some had foil and some had cellophane! Then I noticed differences on what was written on the box itself. I was starting to get worried about bootleg Jamila, but now I understand the difference.

Actually, I DID get the shiny box/foil at a local store. But the circumstances surrounding that are unusual. I don't know if I will be able to get it again. I have to go and talk to them.

Armyqt

amr501 said:
I just called mehindiskinart.com and inquired about purchasing in bulk (He sells BAQ). He told me that I could get 100 boxes of 100g jamila for $240 or $2.40 per box......I think I'll check out some other source for a better deal...and call him back to see if he wants to make a deal.:cool:

Does that include shipping? If so, that's not a bad price at all. We could get together and purchase this. If we split it 4 ways, it would only be $60 per person for 25 boxes each. I think that's a great deal.

kitchen_tician

Sareca! Vixen! And any other henna gurus. Get in here! :grin: I guess that may explain the huge difference in prices for Jamila.

AtlantaJJ

Bulk Rate Quote Direct From Jamila no Middle Man

Please follow the stated below prices, including shipping charges and delivery at doorsteps within 6 working days of order confirmation. If your order is above 100kg, other modes of shipments can also be discussed.
2400g Henna Jamila____USD $90.00
5Kg Henna Jamila______USD $135.00
10Kg Henna Jamila_____USD $210.00
20Kg Henna Jamila_____USD $400.00

You may remit the payment through Western Union. Awaiting your further instructions, dear madam.

Sincerely,

Osman Ali
For Abid & Company (Pvt) Ltd.
8-B, Darbar Market, Ganj Bukhsh Road,
Lahore- Pakistan.

Last edited:

AtlantaJJ

amr501 said:
Girl don't give that man your money! LOL - see my post below...

Proudpiscean

Re: Bulk Rate Quote Direct From Jamila no Middle Man

This is the better deal.....I willing to split 10kg with somebody. Pm me if interested :)

AtlantaJJ said:
Please follow the stated below prices, including shipping charges and delivery at doorsteps within 6 working days of order confirmation. If your order is above 100kg, other modes of shipments can also be discussed.

You may remit the payment through Western Union. Awaiting your further instructions, dear madam.

Sincerely,

Osman Ali
Lahore- Pakistan.

Armyqt

Re: Bulk Rate Quote Direct From Jamila no Middle Man

AtlantaJJ said:

Sincerely,

Osman Ali
Lahore- Pakistan.

OOOOOOOOOOHHHHH SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEETT!!!! Thanks mami. :D

AtlantaJJ

Cichelle said:
This is EXCELLENT information. I have several boxes of henna and they have differences, including a shiny box (or not). I was very curious about the reason why some had foil and some had cellophane! Then I noticed differences on what was written on the box itself. I was starting to get worried about bootleg Jamila, but now I understand the difference.

Actually, I DID get the shiny box/foil at a local store. But the circumstances surrounding that are unusual. I don't know if I will be able to get it again. I have to go and talk to them.
The plot thickens... I think the local stores are holding out on us girl! The henna for hair is not harmful at all, it's just not BAQ, not sifted and not as potent in the dye. I want the good stuff!! <having a tantrum>

I say we do a group order for sure! Fresh crop from the summer, their best batch!

Proudpiscean

AtlantaJJ said:
Girl don't give that man your money! LOL - see my post below...

Actually, I was going to see if he's willing to sell it to me at those prices, but why bother....I'm going to buy it from pakistan! Can't beat those prices with shipping included shoot! :grin:

AtlantaJJ

amr501 said:
Actually, I was going to see if he's willing to sell it to me at those prices, but why bother....I'm going to buy it from pakistan! Can't beat those prices with shipping included shoot! :grin:

See what I'm sayin'.....

Proudpiscean

AtlantaJJ said:
The plot thickens... I think the local stores are holding out on us girl! The henna for hair is not harmful at all, it's just not BAQ, not sifted and not as potent in the dye. I want the good stuff!! <having a tantrum>

I say we do a group order for sure! Fresh crop from the summer, their best batch!

Count me in! How ya'll wanna do this? :cool:

Armyqt

amr501 said:

We can work this out. I was doing some calculations and I don't want to have TOO much of this stuff. Just the 2400 grams alone would last almost 2 yrs if someone henna-ed once a week. Personally, I don't want THAT much. We could always do another order. Because after that long, it certainly wouldn't be fresh anymore. Let me know what you guys think.

AtlantaJJ

amr501 said:

We need to consider the cost of shipping once it gets inside the US. I'm in Atlanta. It would be idea to split an order with someone in your city.

I have a question in to my Jamila contact on how the henna is packaged. Is it sent in bulk packages or can it be sent in those cute little boxes. I vote, cute little boxes..... They won't be able to answer me unti tomorrow early am because they are in bed now. They always reply to my emails like at 2:00 am...lol

The only thing I want us to consider is that if it is shipped to one location, there will be an additonal shipping cost to get it to everyone.

I would be willing to do the coordinating and shipping but we have to do through pay pal, and with more people involved that will help lessen the secondary shipping costs (fewer boxes) does that make sense?

Armyqt

AtlantaJJ said:
We need to consider the cost of shipping once it gets inside the US. I'm in Atlanta. It would be idea to split an order with someone in your city.

I have a question in to my Jamila contact on how the henna is packaged. Is it sent in bulk packages or can it be sent in those cute little boxes. I vote, cute little boxes..... They won't be able to answer me unti tomorrow early am because they are in bed now. They always reply to my emails like at 2:00 am...lol

The only thing I want us to consider is that if it is shipped to one location, there will be an additonal shipping cost to get it to everyone.

I would be willing to do the coordinating and shipping but we have to do through pay pal, and with more people involved that will help lessen the secondary shipping costs (fewer boxes) does that make sense?

Sounds good. :up:

AtlantaJJ

Armyqt said:
We can work this out. I was doing some calculations and I don't want to have TOO much of this stuff. Just the 2400 grams alone would last almost 2 yrs if someone henna-ed once a week. Personally, I don't want THAT much. We could always do another order. Because after that long, it certainly wouldn't be fresh anymore. Let me know what you guys think.

Yeah, what QT said. Lets get like 5Kg, split it up between 5 or 10 folks or so and then we will all have a nice fresh stash! Then we can do it again later, like after next summer. I've studied and the summer batches are the best.

Proudpiscean

Armyqt said:

That's true, but it also depends on how big a group of us put in on the order (or how many ways we'll be splitting it) I want at least a 3 months supply :lol: ...either way I'm in!

Proudpiscean

AtlantaJJ said:
Yeah, what QT said. Lets get like 5Kg, split it up 5 ways or what ever and then we good! Then we can do it again later, like after next summer. I've studied and the summer batches are the best.

Yeah, I read that too! sounds like a plan. When do ya'll want to order? Where do I send the money? Pm me :)

Proudpiscean

AtlantaJJ said:

Makes perfect sense to me ;)

Armyqt

I'm having a brain cramp right now trying to figure out the unit price (100g) on 5k. 5kg=5,000g. Split 4 ways = 1250. I gotta run to the school for a conf WHat's the unit price per 100g box at this rate. (I hate word problems) :lol:

AtlantaJJ

This will definately work. Let me hear back from them when they wake up about how they split up the shipment.
I hope it's in the little boxes or divided in some reasonable way. I don't want them to send me a big ole BRICK of henna! LOL, can you see me in the kitchen with my measuring cup trying to divide this stuff up! LOL... next thing ya know the narcs will be knockin my front door down....:eek: :look: :lachen: :look: :lachen:

Proudpiscean

AtlantaJJ said:
This will definately work. Let me hear back from them when they wake up about how they splitp up the shipment.
I hope it's in the little boxes or divided in some reasonable way. I don't want them to send me a big ole BRICK of henna! LOL, can you see me in the kitchen with my measuring cup trying to divide this stuff up! LOL... next thing ya know the narcs will be knockin my front door down....:eek: :look: :lachen: :look: :lachen:

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen: .....hopefully it will be in already packaged in boxes and then we can just divide it evenly!