Jessicurl
Curls Milkshake
Curls Souffle
Carols daughter hair milk
Gel

????

CurlTalk

Conditioner left in (HEHH) + Shea butter = slight poppage

Amla and Olive Heavy Cream (only a little) + Shea butter (again, a little) + a clear gel = wonderful poppage

Oil rinsing + Conditioner left in + a bit of shea butter to seal = super-soft, shiny poppage (if that makes any sense...)

For me, gel gives the best definition, but I'm less and less partial to it. I prefer just conditioner and shea butter--it gives me good moisture, and never leaves my hair feeling product-y (I hate that feeling!)

LuvlyRain3

A good cold water rinse followed by some elasta qp olive oil and mango butter sealed with jojoba oil and keeping my hands out of my head until my hair dries

Last edited:

BEAUTYU2U

Cowash with Suave Tropical Coconut conditioner ... that's about it. I never could master gel and after a few months, I started using Cantu Shea Butter leave-in.

GeauXavi

none of that expensive stuff. it's mostly in the technique, imo. But my hair LOVES Africa's Best Horsetail and Rosemary Oil (looks like grease, but no petroleum or mineral oil). That alone after a cowash...no towel shake only...will make my curls pop. For extra hold, less shrinkage, and more shine...i'll use Elasta QP Feels Like Silk. No combing/brushing...just smooth over the hair...re-wet...and shake to keep the curl pattern. Here are a couple of pics:)

The first is with gel, and the second is without.

Attachments

• Photo on 2010-07-29 at 17.46.jpg
    Photo on 2010-07-29 at 17.46.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 19
  • Photo on 2010-07-28 at 16.32.jpg
    Photo on 2010-07-28 at 16.32.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 16