Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Vitamin Shoppe Super Chlorella

Votes: 34 11.7%
  • Other Chlorella brand

Votes: 45 15.5%

• Total voters

jerseygurl

Not a new member
I guess I'm still in detox mode. My fever came back a bit last night but is gone now. I must have had about 3 hours of sleep in total because I could not sleep. I was wide awake between 12am and 2am and my alarm goes off at 5am. So I took the day off to get through this phase.

Oh yeah I was slightly constipated yesterday but had a BM this morning and it was green. I've been taking only 1.5g so I might up the dose this weekend.

kandake

Ladies,

Ok, I almost hate to ask this but I have to. The Chlorella is making me constipated. I started out taking 1 gram last week and then increased to 2 grams. I took 3 grams yesterday.

I'm trying to decide if I should scale back or not. I'm going to do a search on it but I just thought I'd ask. I think I read upthread that I should probably scale back...

ETA: As an update; other than the constipation I haven't had any other detox symptoms. As for benefits I've noticed an increase in energy. Thats about it. I haven't noticed in changes in my nails (they're already pretty hard and they grow fast anyway). No changes in my skin, hair, etc.

Last edited:

belle_reveuse28

For two days I had been very exhausted as well, and I knew that it was a result of hte detox. It was very hard to stay awake. I got a few zits, and my poo si green, and also my gas issues don't smell too great, but hopefully it will all clear up soon. I bought the Earthrise chlorella capsules, a 15 day supply, almost finished with that. I followed somebody's advice, can't remember, and went to Amazon and got the Source Naturals powder, 151 servings for 25 bucks after choosing an autoship option that sends it every 6 months. It's worth it for the discount and the free shipping. I ordered it like 3 days ago, it just came by UPS a few minutes ago.

I looked at the vitamin content, and for me, it does't have as much B vitamins as I am used to taking, whcih is usually around 1500mg, this only has 70mcg (micrograms) of b-12, and .31 of b-6. which to me isn't enough of B vits.. . I'm going ot check and see how much Omega is in here as well, as I take that.

Right now I take biotin, MSM, b vits, chlorella, flax oil, spirulina, kelp and a weight loss supplement. I am hoping to knock off the biotin if anything and keep all the others or maybe get a greens mix that has the kelp and sea veggies, along wtih spirulina. That way I can do a greens mix, and keep my msm and b vits. The msm helps my joints tremendously, which hurt a lot in the winter, and also has changed my hair texture for the better. So I gotta keep that one.

so far I have noticed my nails are hard as bricks now, are growing like crazy, so myhair must be as well, hopefully. I am hardly ever hungry. When I take these, it takes a few minutes and my appetite is gone. I've been eating negligible amounts of food daily while taking this because I can no longer eat alot. I just always feel full and stuffed. I can take a few bites of something and be done. I am liking this effect. It has me going alot ot the toilet, and therefore, I've had some soreness down there, I knkow, yuck, but better out than in.

Last edited:

Muse

Ladies,

Ok, I almost hate to ask this but I have to. The Chlorella is making me constipated. I started out taking 1 gram last week and then increased to 2 grams. I took 3 grams yesterday.

I'm trying to decide if I should scale back or not. I'm going to do a search on it but I just thought I'd ask. I think I read upthread that I should probably scale back...

ETA: As an update; other than the constipation I haven't had any other detox symptoms. As for benefits I've noticed an increase in energy. Thats about it. I haven't noticed in changes in my nails (they're already pretty hard and they grow fast anyway). No changes in my skin, hair, etc.

I was a little irregular and couldn't go and it only passed when I bumped up my dose. After I added 6g of spirulina in addition to the chlorella I had NO problems at all with constipation.

kandake

I was a little irregular and couldn't go and it only passed when I bumped up my dose. After I added 6g of spirulina in addition to the chlorella I had NO problems at all with constipation.

Interesting. I was afraid of making matters worse. This is good to note as I try to make a decision on what to do.

Thanks Muse.

luckiestdestiny

Ok. I'm very backed up in that area generally so I was hoping to see those results most of all.
Once your poo is green then you're taking the right amount? Mine is green and I'm only taking 2gs one in am and one in pm.

BUT - i have had no detox symptoms or anything.

Not that you're taking the correct amount, but that you're at least taking an appropriate amount. The article goes on to suggest the amounts necessary to maintain and for disease prevention and fighting which are both higher doses.

kitamay

greenish poo also after 5 ish, but more like 6 for me, and still not like super green or anything like that. I think it depends on how your body processes it. And just because you see green poo doesn't mean that you should stay at a low number. Refer back to the articles for different health problems, and also seeing significant change in your body. Not only do I want great health but I want significant change (hair, nails) so I'm upping it!

How long is everyone staying at the same dose before upping it. I am taking 5 pills or 2g now comfortably, should I go up a pill a day, every 3 days, weekly, etc. What does everyone else do?

luckiestdestiny

Ladies,

It doesn't matter. Scale back w/constipation or diarrhea. If you did not have constipation at 2 scale back to 2, if it was at 1 go back there. Then increase after you are regular (a week after regularity you want to wait until the body adjusts to the doses) then Id say go up a 1/2 gram from there since you've had detox problems with a smaller amount. So if you were at 1 and regular in a week go up to 1 1/2, and maybe if your body is okay with that in a few days from there go up to 2, and stay there for a while as you had a problem w/ 3 make sure your body adjusts and is okay, then up another half until you get to 3. For those with very sensitive bodies, you should really be diligent about slowly increasing your amount. You may have only increased 3 grams or so in a month, whereas someone who is less sensitive may have gone up to 8 or 9 grams.

luckiestdestiny

For two days I had been very exhausted as well, and I knew that it was a result of hte detox. It was very hard to stay awake. I got a few zits, and my poo si green, and also my gas issues don't smell too great, but hopefully it will all clear up soon. I bought the Earthrise chlorella capsules, a 15 day supply, almost finished with that. I followed somebody's advice, can't remember, and went to Amazon and got the Source Naturals powder, 151 servings for 25 bucks after choosing an autoship option that sends it every 6 months. It's worth it for the discount and the free shipping. I ordered it like 3 days ago, it just came by UPS a few minutes ago.

I looked at the vitamin content, and for me, it does't have as much B vitamins as I am used to taking, whcih is usually around 1500mg, this only has 70mcg (micrograms) of b-12, and .31 of b-6. which to me isn't enough of B vits.. . I'm going ot check and see how much Omega is in here as well, as I take that.

Right now I take biotin, MSM, b vits, chlorella, flax oil, spirulina, kelp and a weight loss supplement. I am hoping to knock off the biotin if anything and keep all the others or maybe get a greens mix that has the kelp and sea veggies, along wtih spirulina. That way I can do a greens mix, and keep my msm and b vits. The msm helps my joints tremendously, which hurt a lot in the winter, and also has changed my hair texture for the better. So I gotta keep that one.

so far I have noticed my nails are hard as bricks now, are growing like crazy, so myhair must be as well, hopefully. I am hardly ever hungry. When I take these, it takes a few minutes and my appetite is gone. I've been eating negligible amounts of food daily while taking this because I can no longer eat alot. I just always feel full and stuffed. I can take a few bites of something and be done. I am liking this effect. It has me going alot ot the toilet, and therefore, I've had some soreness down there, I knkow, yuck, but better out than in.

Told ya. For those who need to have their bodies regulated (weight) some how it gives you the nutrients you need to feel full. You'll take a bite and be done. I really think thats cool. Sorry about the soreness:ohwell: I'm sure it'll get better. Also as you increase your dosage you may start to feel that you're getting enough vitamins but if you don't think you're getting what you need via food and chlorella sure take other stuff!

kandake

It doesn't matter. Scale back w/constipation or diarrhea. If you did not have constipation at 2 scale back to 2, if it was at 1 go back there. Then increase after you are regular (a week after regularity you want to wait until the body adjusts to the doses) then Id say go up a 1/2 gram from there since you've had detox problems with a smaller amount. So if you were at 1 and regular in a week go up to 1 1/2, and maybe if your body is okay with that in a few days from there go up to 2, and stay there for a while as you had a problem w/ 3 make sure your body adjusts and is okay, then up another half until you get to 3. For those with very sensitive bodies, you should really be diligent about slowly increasing your amount. You may have only increased 3 grams or so in a month, whereas someone who is less sensitive may have gone up to 8 or 9 grams.

Thanks LD! What would we do without you. LOL

Lebiya

If you guys are taking 2 0r more teaspoons of chlorella or more a day, are you taking it in ONE glass ALL AT ONCE, or throughout the day - a teaspoon here a teas, there?

When i get up to 5 teaspoons per day, Id just like to take one shot- one gulp, once per day, I hope it will be as effective though

TdotGirl

I think you having had a meal prior to the high sugar intake helped.

I think so too, at that time. I ate chocolate before I had a meal too. Ah well!

If you guys are taking 2 0r more teaspoons of chlorella or more a day, are you taking it in ONE glass ALL AT ONCE, or throughout the day - a teaspoon here a teas, there?

When i get up to 5 teaspoons per day, Id just like to take one shot- one gulp, once per day, I hope it will be as effective though

I take 2 teaspons in my glass of apple juice and drink it one time! I don't drink it throughout the day.

Muse

I take mine three times a day (with every meal). I think eventually I would like to do one big dose but I plan on going as high as 15g so that would be quite a bit to take at once. I'll probably just eat a LOT of applesauce for breakfast:lachen:

CurlyMoo

Mine says to take a teaspoon 2-3 times a day. I will do mine 3 times a day. I can only imagine the fart fest I would have if I combined all teaspoons in one glass. :blush:

IndianAngel22

I'm so surprised everyone is going to up 6-9 grams, 15 grams, 3 teaspoons of this stuff a day or more. I have the source naturals powder and I remember babydoll hair saying 3g a day was enough. Isn't that a little overboard? I know mine says take 1 tsp 1-3 times daily too but is that even necessary? I don't think I'd go over 3 teaspoons ever I was gonna stick to only 1 for a while and maybe 2. Why is everyone taking so many grams?

BTW I take mine in applesauce, it's pretty good. BtW if I take it at night I don't really feel any detox effects.

Last edited:

soonergirl

I'm so surprised everyone is going to up 6-9 grams, 15 grams, 3 teaspoons of this stuff a day or more. I have the source naturals powder and I remember babydoll hair saying 3g a day was enough. Isn't that a little overboard? I know mine says take 1 tsp 1-3 times daily too but is that even necessary? I don't think I'd go over 3 teaspoons ever I was gonna stick to only 1 for a while and maybe 2. Why is everyone taking so many grams?

BTW I take mine in applesauce, it's pretty good

I know many are upping the grams because of the tremendous health benefits, and disease fighting properties it contains at high levels.. Also heavy metal removal from your body.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
My source naturals powder came today yippee!! I already tok 3grams today b4 the powder arrived.. I want to take some of the powder now!!

luckiestdestiny

How long is everyone staying at the same dose before upping it. I am taking 5 pills or 2g now comfortably, should I go up a pill a day, every 3 days, weekly, etc. What does everyone else do?
This really is going to depend on you and your reaction. You've got to consider your lifestyle (do you eat right, are you ill in any way or not?). That's going to determine how fast or slow you up your dosage. It has to be customized to you. As for your reaction ...how are you physically reacting to your dosage? Are you getting any detox symptoms? If so, you should slow up, if not, you can power through every few days by upping it. If anytime during upping your dosage you get detox symptoms, scale back a little and wait it out until your body detoxes completely before upping your dose again. Then if you hit another detox wall, do it again, until you finally get to where you want to go.

luckiestdestiny

There's an article I posted that tells you you can do it when you want. It recommends it around meal time, though, but says anytime is fine. I know night time seems good because the body is going to rest, and replenish. I think as long as you take it, your body IS going to benefit.

luckiestdestiny

Mine says to take a teaspoon 2-3 times a day. I will do mine 3 times a day. I can only imagine the fart fest I would have if I combined all teaspoons in one glass. :blush:
:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

I think that will eventually pass with detox. I did notice I was gassier the first few days. Didn't think about it, but everyone keeps mentioning gas so I assume it's a part of it. That was probably my only symptom. I don't have that problem now at all, so I think it'll go soon as your body adjusts.

luckiestdestiny

BTW I take mine in applesauce, it's pretty good. BtW if I take it at night I don't really feel any detox effects.

Please go back and re read the article I posted about this. I think I even reposted it because it was asked again. Even though babydollhair is taking 3, that is not the recommended amount (Forget the package suggestion) for cleansing the body and noticing maximum changes as well as fighting disease. As chlorella is a food, there is no worry of overdoing it, as it's not a vitamin it will not have a toxic effect. It's like you decided to eat a huge salad for dinner. Well the recommended salad could be smaller but will you be hurt by eating more, heck no. And your body will love it because it's receiving even more nutrients. That's why people do green drinks, to get in even more without being super full. It's easier to drink than to eat the recommended amount of nutrients. Well now with chlorella you can get those nutrients through consuming it.

luckiestdestiny

I know many are upping the grams because of the tremendous health benefits, and disease fighting properties it contains at high levels.. Also heavy metal removal from your body.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
My source naturals powder came today yippee!! I already tok 3grams today b4 the powder arrived.. I want to take some of the powder now!!
My powder just got here yesterday and this is my first day taking it. I was taking the pills prior. I am ecstatic to see if I get even more benefits.

I took mine with applesauce. It wasnt :lick: but it wasn't :blush: either. If I didn't look at the green I would hardly taste it. It tasted almost like a green drink. I think if I only had 3 grams I wouldn't taste it at all. But at 7ish (I took two teaspoons, and 1/3 of another teaspoon and mixed it in my applesauce), I did taste it slightly. It wasn't horrible, it was okay, and it is very tolerable so I know I can do this. I just have to look away from the huge green applesauce I'm eating, or else I'll have to imagine it being something else. I don't know what yet. Either way, it's definitely a keeper. I made sure to chase it with water so it would dissolve completely.

I liked taking it this way because I could hardly taste it, and also it went down a LOT faster. I'm a slow drinker, so having to sip, sip, sip at something like this isn't something I want to do. Four spoonfuls, and swallows and it was all gone. No after taste because I think it clung to the applesauce, and then followed with water.

This is definitely the way I'll do it in the future.

luckiestdestiny

Weight Alert.

It's been two weeks. Yes I eat right meaning all natural and stuff, but I do eat sweets (albeit all natural but sweets are sweets), and I had some weight to get off. It's been going with the way I eat, but it is going faster now. I do eat primarily fish, some chicken and veggies but add to that chocolate chip cookies made with umbromulated wheat flour and honey (seems good for you but still it is sugar), and also PASTA! So anyways I'm down 8.5 pounds since we started. I usually lose 2 a week, so this like doubled it. I have lost a lot of weight on my own since I started eating better but this really does provide the "environment" for weight loss like the article I posted in this thread says.

Before you ask, I posted an article before for the skinnie minnies amongst us. It won't make you lose weight if you don't have weight to lose. It regulates the body. So in other words if you're 20 pds or even more like say 50 overweight, the body knows it has extra weight on it, and it starts to balance itself after taking chlorella. If you're the right weight, your body knows and will work on balancing other stuff in your system.

Kimbosheart

Im going to take a higher dose for a short time only and then go back down and maintain at a lower dose. I have this little hair goal that Im trying to meet, so in case my body has some other internal needs that I don't know about I want to take enough chlorella to meet those deficits and still positively affect my hair, skin and nails.

luckiestdestiny

Im going to take a higher dose for a short time only and then go back down and maintain at a lower dose. I have this little hair goal that Im trying to meet, so in case my body has some other internal needs that I don't know about I want to take enough chlorella to meet those deficits and still positively affect my hair, skin and nails.
Yeah, I see myself at a higher dose for a long time (months) so that I can get the full benefit, but later I see myself more at the maintenance doses suggested.

luckiestdestiny

Anyone else hoping chlorella will regulate weight. I know this is primarily health and hair related, but just curious. You don't have to say how much or anything, but I was just curious.

Kimbosheart

I would never complain if Chlorella helped me to lose a few pounds. I'm not sure if I have anymore to lose but as long as I don't look like a stick figure Im cool with dropping a pound or two.

My question is about tinglyness. Since about monday my fingertips and scalp and my eyebrows have been all tingly. I can see my nails growing, by the end of the day they are longer than they were in the morning. Now if the tingly equals growth than yay for my scalp but nay for my eyebrows, I already stay on tweezer patrol. Is anybody else experiencing this?

yodie

I'm still aiming for regularity with Chlorella. Haven't noticed any growth with my nails or tingly sensations on my scalp. I had a slight sore throat, but that went away. I've noticed that my appetite isn't as crazy as it used to be and I'm not nearly as tired as I used to be. I think I finish food just because I'm used to doing so.

I really need to pick up some apple sauce from Trader Joe's.