Hip Length (HL) 2012!!!!

Janet'

Greetings Ladies!!!!

I'm seeing lots of length threads for the upcoming year, but there hasn't been a HL created yet!!!

So...after some gentle prodding *ahem* from JJamiah :lol:, I've decided to take on the challenge of starting the thread!!

I'm on an upswing...coming off of a setback...so, come on LOVELY LADIES- in the words of Whimsy: LET'S DO THIS!!!!!

If you have just reached your goal of BSL, MBL, or WL...Come on in!!!

:dance7: :band: :bouncy: :dance7: :band: :bouncy: :dance7: :band: :bouncy:

Official Starting Date: January 1, 2012
Official Ending Date: December 31, 2012

I will stop updating names March 1, 2012, but feel free to join unofficially after that time!

Vitals

Current Length:
Regimen:
Plans:
Hip Length Date:

Simply click "Thank You" and I will add you to the list
See you at HL, Ladies!!

HL 2012 Challengers :fairy: :fairy:
Aireen
bebezazueta
cch24
divachyk
hannan
JJamiah
Kn0ttyByNatur3
mide84
NJoy
prospurr4
regina07
vestaluv1
Ms_CoCo37
mwedzi
Janet'
brg240
pre_medicalrulz
Whimsy
NikkiGirl
ManeStreet
kami11213
Ebony Majesty
bigbrowneyez
ShawnC
Sunshine_One
aa9746
MrsHouston
leona2025
AngelEyez
baladi0822
Lucia
SouthernStunner
havilland
TeeSGee
beauti
eocceas
lolascurls
wheezy807
LaVgirl
leiah
ImFree27
justliveready
Bun Mistress
testimony777
lalla
dyamonds10

Here are the OFFICIAL UPDATE TIMES:

March 15-31
June 15-30
September 15-30
December 15-31

but, of course, you could choose to refrain from updating (if you are in a Hide Your Hair Challenge, etc.) and/or if you happen to relax or flat iron in between those times, you can update then as well!!!

Challengers Starting From MBL--I'm thinking that we've got the LONGEST to go to reach HL, so we could use some extra :fairy: :fairy: :fairy:

FoxxyLocs
Lucia
Ms_CoCo37
bebezazueta
Janet'
leiah
bigbrowneyez
leona2025
pre_medicalrulz

Last edited:

JJamiah

:woohoo: just because :)

Vitals

Current Length: Whip Length

Regimen: It comes and goes to often LOL, I will be wigging it until February or April of 2012, don't know what my plans are after.

Plans:
Hip Length Date: December 31, 2012 at 11:59:59

Last edited:

JJamiah

JJamiah :bighug: So, um...are you maintaining at WHip Length, or are you gonna go for the HIP??? :grin: :grin:

:look: U know I joined because you started it :lachen:

I am going to let my hair do it's thing LOLOLOL

HEY LET ME SUPPORT your thread woman LOL

But Whip is long enough for me, I will still learn and watch all the ladies for that continue support and knowledge :grin: :look: So can I stay? :pray:

cch24

I'll join! Hip length was my ultimate goal, but now I'm thinking I may grow longer.

Current Length: Waist length, layered
Regimen: I wash my hair once a week, deep condition, twist my hair, and bun it. Once a month I do a cassia treatment.
Plans: I don't really have hair plans anymore. I just do what I do and let it grow.
Hip Length Date: I'm giving myself a year, so I'd say October 2012.

Last edited:

regina07

I'm in! WHip/Hip are stops to my ultimate goal: tailbone. Currently in middle of a setback tho' so I need to get the massive shedding under control.

Current Length: waistlength
Regimen: co-wash weekly, dc weekly (combined protein/moisture), airdry and bun. M&S daily with avj/glycerin/water followed by sweet almond oil. Lots of vitamins and supplements
Plans: Will do a length check late dec, then trim .5-1" and will continue to bun.
Hip Length Date: Sep 2012

Ms. Tiki

I'm BSL and I could only dream of making HL by next Dec. I will be lurking and cheering you ladies on

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
YYAAAYY!! GROW LADIES, GROW!! I will def be cheering you ladies on from the sidelines!

HL...wwooossaahhhh! I can't even think that far ahead! I'm just trying to hit MBL by next month! LOL!

Nonie

JJamiah, you must be smokin' that good good stuff, tagging me. :nuts:

I don't even know if I am at BSB or not. And then there's MBL and WL and HBL (or is that whatchall are calling HL?) before hips. So what in the name of all that is sane are you tagging me fo'? Why d'you hafta get me out of bed to attend a meeting where everyone speaks a foreign tongue? I thought we were friends? So cruel. :cry4:

Oh and BTW, I don't do challenges, coz I ain't watching no pot. If I get there, I get there. If I don't, oh well. So I'ma just go right back and join that Geico dude under the rock where things make sense. :yep:

vestaluv1

I'd like to join!!!!
I'm HOPING to make full HL by my birthday next year (30th March).

• CURRENT LENGTH: WL
  • REGIMEN: Protective styling (with wigs), Baggying under satin cap at night, Moisturing and sealing daily with Carrot and Coconut oil, Washing and Conditioning once a week
  • PLANS: Incorporate deep conditioning twice a week into regimen, Incorporate Ayurvedic powders & oils into regimen (rinses/prepoos), Vitamins; still to decide of which ones to take
  • TARGET DATE: 30th March, 2012
Starting Pic:

As you can see from the picture my hair lays in a V shape. The sides are to my waist and the middle is at hip length. I'm hoping for all my hair to reach that length.

Last edited:

Aireen

Thanks JJamiah for tagging me! Janet', thanks for making this thread! I was thinking of making a Hip Length for 2012 at one point but forgot. Count me in! I'm confident I can do this.

Current Length: In MBL/WL limbo... :look:
Regimen: Wash, condition, air-dry/blow-dry. Yes, that's all I do. :lol:
Plans: Start back on my vitamins, grow out my bangs, get my edges longer, and achieve thickness.
Hip Length Date: December 31, 2012 at 11:59:59pm like JJamiah... lol. :look:
Starting Picture: Click here for my most recent update.

Last edited:

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Yay!! Janet's running things? I'm in! I hope to be HL now or dang close. HL is my goal so, I'll be trimming and maintaining. I'm layered now with about 5 inches of bonelaxed ends and planning to grow most of it out so that my hemline will be nice and thick. I'll have a better idea at the end of the year but yeah, I'm in. :yep:

bebezazueta

Hello! Count me in! Even though the whip challenge is for hip too. There's some gorgeous heads here that I want to grow with and I just love Janet' so lets go!

I'll be back before start date with pics and vitals

I'm excited now!

GIJane

I see a lot of LCHF celebrities is on this thread. :Flahsssss Also, a few of my :gorgeous: hair idols like vestaluv1 and janet are going to be checking in. This is going to be good. You ladies can do it. Grow ladies grow.

MrsIQ

Look at all these longhaired divas in hurr! Imma sit this year out (going for WL in 2012). Just breaking out the pom poms and cheering you all on!

Get ta growing!!

flowinlocks

I'm BSL and I could only dream of making HL by next Dec. I will be lurking and cheering you ladies on

This is me. :yep: I'm only grazing BSL . I hope to make it by DEC 31st. I'll be lucky if I make WL by next Dec. I'll be cheering from the sidelines. Thanks for the tag!

topnotch1010

Real Housewife of Houston
I will be a cheerleader because I am NO WHERE CLOSE to HL! :sad: I'm barely BSB. I will be watching for inspiration though!! :weird::weird:

Janet'

I will be a cheerleader because I am NO WHERE CLOSE to HL! :sad: I'm barely BSB. I will be watching for inspiration though!! :weird::weird:

This is me. :yep: I'm only grazing BSL . I hope to make it by DEC 31st. I'll be lucky if I make WL by next Dec. I'll be cheering from the sidelines. Thanks for the tag!

Look at all these longhaired divas in hurr! Imma sit this year out (going for WL in 2012). Just breaking out the pom poms and cheering you all on!

Get ta growing!!

Imma sit this one out. I'll cheer yall on from the sidelines.

I see a lot of LCHF celebrities is on this thread. :Flahsssss Also, a few of my :gorgeous: hair idols like vestaluv1 and janet are going to be checking in. This is going to be good. You ladies can do it. Grow ladies grow.

Same here. :spinning:

Cheering you Ladies on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YYAAAYY!! GROW LADIES, GROW!! I will def be cheering you ladies on from the sidelines!

HL...wwooossaahhhh! I can't even think that far ahead! I'm just trying to hit MBL by next month! LOL!

Thanks so much ladies!!!! We're going to need all the support we can get!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: Y'all are AWESOME!!!!

ms.tatiana

I'm really not about to do this to myself :lachen: :look: :sad: :perplexed, but I will support all the ladies who are in :grin:

Good Luck!!! I'll be watching from the sidelines with my :pop:

Firstborn2

Stop frontin, you know me!
I wish I could join this challenge. Janet you are always so positive and encouraging. I know the energy in this thread is going to be great but the truth of the matter is, I'm not even APL so all I can do is watch from the sideline..Good Luck Ladies!!!

prospurr4

I would like to join, please.

Now, that I've figured out why my retention had stalled, and subsequently revamped my regimen, I should be able to reach W-HIP (I'm in that challenge, too :grin:) and HL in 2012. But I will be trimming back to W-HIP, because, like @JJamiah, W-HIP is as long as I want to go. Here are my "vitals:"

Current Length: Full MBL

Regimen: Wash weekly, monthly protein treatment and DC, trim every 3 months, hairstyles include rollersets and updos

Plans: My final goal is W-HIP, so I plan to trim after reaching HL and maintain W-HIP.

Hip Length Date: Christmas Day 2012

Last edited:

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
:lol: Thanks for the tag, ahem, Ms. You Know Who -- @JJamiah. ITA with @Nonie, you're on that ooo-weee because I'm not expecting HL in 2012. I'm for being optimistic but I'm also realistic. :grin: I'll be cheering all of you on like @Nix08 said.