2 Years Post Relaxer - Natural Hair Update

MissMusic

Welp ladies, its been five months since I posted this thread proclaiming that I chopped off my relaxed ends after 19 months of transitioning:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=662975

May 18 marked my 2 year mark and I couldn't be happier! I blew out my hair for mini twists and decided it was a good time for a length update. As usual, I create this thread not only to encourage others to keep on keppin on, but to remind myself that my hair is growing. After all of these years, I would not DARE get on here without pics, so:

December 2012

May 2013

Here's a video of my current length check, if you want to know the inch specifics:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45NVyxBZy6o

ronie

Love it. Video was nice, straight to the point, and your hair is so thick and shiny. What has been your protective style since BCing?

MissMusic

ronie, Thank you! I have been wearing my hair in twists or flat twists with twists once a month for one or two weeks since I big chopped. Other than that I wear my hair loose and enjoy it.

ronie

ronie, Thank you! I have been wearing my hair in twists or flat twists with twists once a month for one or two weeks since I big chopped. Other than that I wear my hair loose and enjoy it.

MissMusic thanks for the pictures. I can't wait for my hair to be long enough so I can wear my twists outside. Now they re only good for the inside, as my hair is low density and very short. I'm 15 months post relaxer, and I am planning to wear my hair in twists as a protective style.
Yours look beautiful, and your hair looks thick and healthy. Do you always blow dry before you twist? Or were these done on wet/damp hair?

MissMusic

ronie, no, this was the first time I blow dried my hair. Usually, I let my hair air dry in twists or braids and then once dry I create twists with a butter.