I'm going back to the Ateyaaa Regimen

Tiye

Ateyaa's hair looks good to me. It's very full, shiney, lot's of movement, it's a nice length and seems relatively drama free. She can even detangle it with a fine toothed comb and it's not the end of the world. I'm not following her regimen (coz I have no idea what it is :) ) but I'll take her hair over longer, scraggly hair that only looks good in a bun any day.

JayAnn0513

I make 30 look good!
What a cute pic!!!! That outfit looks great on you. Re: ateya's Reggie Good luck! When I was relaxed I needs a lot of protein too. Keep us posted on your progress.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

mostamaziing

Hi I'm Chrissy (✿◠‿◠)
ijust got my copy of seventeen yesterday!

you're gorgeous :D yu look soo much like my cousin lol loved the shoes =3

Iluvsmuhgrass

Thank You! :) It was very fun because it was at the 17 office so I got to see where they made it and I saw Beyonce's signed cover!

You are so ADORABLE!!! :grin: Congratulations!

BTW I'm a huge advocate of do what works for YOU and your grass. It's funny because your post reminded me of why I went back to Nexxus Emergencee and Mane n Tail as opposed to Aphogee and the like. Breakage galore and less than stellar results. Go with what works. :yep:

HappilyLiberal

I was first introduced to healthier hair care by Ateyaaa, her regimen stopped my hair from breaking and made it really strong and healthy. Then I found long hair care forum and hairlista and I changed my regimen because I wanted my hair to grow long. My hair has been growing but I don't have any amazing results and lately it's been breaking. So I'm going back to the Ateyaaa regimen, but I'm still gonna incorporate some of the practices I learned here.

My new Regimen:
Shampoo- 1x a week with Aphogee shampoo for damaged hair
Condition- 1x a week Aphogee Keratin 2 minute reconstructor
Co-Wash- 1x a week Renpure Organics My Pretty Hair is Parched
Deep Condition- 1x a week with either SE Mega Cholesterol or ORS replenishing pak
Leave-ins- Oyin Honey Dew, Aphogee ProVitamin Leave-in, Keratin & Green Tea Restucturizer
Moisturize & Seal- Oyin Honey Dew and Whipped Shea butter/Coconut Oil mixture
Every 6 weeks- Aphogee Two Step

I know Ateyaaa's methods are scrutinized a lot because her hair isn't down to her butt, but I personally don't think she going for length, and I'm pretty sure she keeps it cut to a certain length. But regardless of all that I'm gonna give this regimen a try. My goal for this year is a really healthy MBL.

P.S Im in 17 magazine, the March issue pg 72, You should check it out!!!

Actually, most of the criticism of her is not because of her use of a lot of protein--which is essentially what she does.

The criticism is her overuse of direct heat, getting relaxers too soon, and those ridiculous wigs. You can take the protein part of her regimen without doing the really unhealthy parts of her regimen.

Platinum

Congratulations on the blog and article!:congrats: You're very pretty! As for the regimen, I say, do what works for you. :yep:

LushLox

Actually, most of the criticism of her is not because of her use of a lot of protein--which is essentially what she does.

The criticism is her overuse of direct heat, getting relaxers too soon, and those ridiculous wigs. You can take the protein part of her regimen without doing the really unhealthy parts of her regimen.

She's not relaxing so frequently now, she's become a stretcher. Her last stretch was for six months.

OP all I can say is do what works for you and just monitor your hair closely in case of any problems.

Muse

You are so ADORABLE!!! :grin: Congratulations!

BTW I'm a huge advocate of do what works for YOU and your grass. It's funny because your post reminded me of why I went back to Nexxus Emergencee and Mane n Tail as opposed to Aphogee and the like. Breakage galore and less than stellar results. Go with what works. :yep:

yeah same here. Aphogee was WAY too much for me and broke my hair right off and I only used the green tea one. It seems to work for MANY people though and OP you saw results so go for it.

BTW- You are HOT in that 17 mag and your hair looks really healthy! Go girl!

karezone

My hair loves protein also but I just don't use all the heat that Ateyaaa does and those hair pieces. When I first saw her page I was very impressed but now I think that it is too much.

I am also very suspect of any product she pushes now because she is getting paid to support companies and their products now.

JJamiah

my hair likes light protein and every so often a large burst of protein.

I use Aphogee 2 minute, leave in and green tea at every wash. (-aphogee 2 minute when using a heavy protein)

This is the only way my hair stays healthy and on my head :)

*Happily Me*

omg ur such a cutiepie OP and your hair looks nice. it's full and long. Ateya should be asking YOU for YOUR regimen! LOL

anyway, good luck with ur journey

Krystle~Hime

I was first introduced to healthier hair care by Ateyaaa, her regimen stopped my hair from breaking and made it really strong and healthy. Then I found long hair care forum and hairlista and I changed my regimen because I wanted my hair to grow long. My hair has been growing but I don't have any amazing results and lately it's been breaking. So I'm going back to the Ateyaaa regimen, but I'm still gonna incorporate some of the practices I learned here.

My new Regimen:
Shampoo- 1x a week with Aphogee shampoo for damaged hair
Condition- 1x a week Aphogee Keratin 2 minute reconstructor
Co-Wash- 1x a week Renpure Organics My Pretty Hair is Parched
Deep Condition- 1x a week with either SE Mega Cholesterol or ORS replenishing pak
Leave-ins- Oyin Honey Dew, Aphogee ProVitamin Leave-in, Keratin & Green Tea Restucturizer
Moisturize & Seal- Oyin Honey Dew and Whipped Shea butter/Coconut Oil mixture
Every 6 weeks- Aphogee Two Step

I know Ateyaaa's methods are scrutinized a lot because her hair isn't down to her butt, but I personally don't think she going for length, and I'm pretty sure she keeps it cut to a certain length. But regardless of all that I'm gonna give this regimen a try. My goal for this year is a really healthy MBL.

P.S Im in 17 magazine, the March issue pg 72, You should check it out!!!

Are u gonna switch leave in depends on daily mood or you aregonna mix'em and use them together ?

Danniquin

Are u gonna switch leave in depends on daily mood or you aregonna mix'em and use them together ?

I'm gonna switch depending on what my hair needs.

omg ur such a cutiepie OP and your hair looks nice. it's full and long. Ateya should be asking YOU for YOUR regimen! LOL

anyway, good luck with ur journey

Thank You :)

BTW- You are HOT in that 17 mag and your hair looks really healthy! Go girl!

Thank You!

ialso ment to ask:

are yu relaxed or natural? and how much heat do yu use on yur hair typically?

I'm relaxed, I try to limit heat to once a month if that.

Congratulations on the blog and article!:congrats: You're very pretty! As for the regimen, I say, do what works for you. :yep:

kandegirl

Good for you. I always use the six week aphogee treatment but I bought the other products b/c of her. She's been very helpful to a lot of people. I followed the product regimen w/ good results, I just rollerset my hair instead.
Keep us posted on your progress...

glamazon386

Ateyaa has a regimen? :look: I thought she was just using the products her sponsors send her and plopping a wig on top?

Last edited:

Loverain

I think the aphogee regimen can be beneficial for you if your hair likes alot of protein. I know my hair does and I just discoered aphogee, I didnt know my hair could feel so stong, so I think Im going to use there products as my staples.

As for ateyaaa I feel she is too rough with her hair and that causes breakage, which is why she barely sees any growth.

Good luck I hope it works for you and me too :grin:

janda

I must check out 17! My hair loves protein too. I DC with Aphogee 2 minute (with some stuff added) twice a week. My hair is thin, fine and will break or split if the wind hits it the wrong way. It needs protein. Keep us updated.

princessdi

When I first started my hair care journey, I followed Ateeya. She is my girl. She was the one who introduced me to Aphogee products and my hair has thrived because of her original regime. I still incorporate Aphogee products into my regime.

Destiny9109

I think I should go back to this regimen too. I was looking at old pics and my hair was on point.

It's not for everybody, so proceed with caution.

krikit96

Ok so... tell me this... doesn't aphogee make your hair fall out? I'll never forget back in 2010 this poor girl on here used it... her hair fell out with a quickness! I've always been scared to try since then...

PinkSunshine77

New York's Finest
Ok so... tell me this... doesn't aphogee make your hair fall out? I'll never forget back in 2010 this poor girl on here used it... her hair fell out with a quickness! I've always been scared to try since then...
protein overload can break off all of your hair . You have to make sure you balance it with moisture. Also if you're protein sensitive, you might not want to use Protein too often during the week. My natural hair can take protein, my relaxed hair couldn't take too much.