Silicon Mix! Where U Been All My Life?

newports

I want to know about this version: http://www.beautyofnewyork.com/shopping/9BU4011209KD0802.htm, from what I gather it has no mineral oil as does the other version. I just want to know does it compare?

this site says it has mineral oil
http://www.roundbrushhair.com/siliconmixbambuconditioner.aspx
Ingredients: Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Mineral Oil, Glycerin, Behentrimonium Chloride, Cetrimonium Chloride, Propylene Glycol, Bambusa Vulgaris Extract, auqa, Polysorbate 20, Seed Extract, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, PABA, Inositol, Panthenol, Linoleic Acid, Biotin, Clyclomethicone (and) Dimethiconol, Citric Acid, Propylparaben, Methyl Paraben, Diazolidinyl UREA (and) Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Fragrance, FD&C No. 5, FD&C Yellow No. 6.

:ohwell:

KrystalClear

I think I'm sold on tryin this. I am so anxious, I wish I could go buy it now. I think I'll order some online because I don't know where the heck to get it in stores anyways. I'm hesitant to try because of the mineral oil. Does anybody have any problems with this?

KrystalClear

this site says it has mineral oil
http://www.roundbrushhair.com/siliconmixbambuconditioner.aspx
Ingredients: Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Mineral Oil, Glycerin, Behentrimonium Chloride, Cetrimonium Chloride, Propylene Glycol, Bambusa Vulgaris Extract, auqa, Polysorbate 20, Seed Extract, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, PABA, Inositol, Panthenol, Linoleic Acid, Biotin, Clyclomethicone (and) Dimethiconol, Citric Acid, Propylparaben, Methyl Paraben, Diazolidinyl UREA (and) Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Fragrance, FD&C No. 5, FD&C Yellow No. 6.

:ohwell:

Thanks! I looked at that afterwards. lol :yep: But now I want to know if mineral oil has been a problem for anybody?

kim

I don't think my hair can handle this stuff. I bought all of the silicon mix products and eventhough my hair felt great for a minute, I don't think my hair likes it.

kim

@naturalbrownbeauty- I few days after using it my hair felt very coated and weird. Instead of my hair looking good, it ended up looking damaged(I don't know it's hard to explain). Also, as I was rinsing out the conditioner a small clump of hair fell out. However, I can't actually say that the clump was caused by the product. Because, my hair has been knotting up something terrible. So now my products are sitting in my product graveyard!!!!

Aggie

I just bought this conditioner a couple of weeks ago but I have not used it as yet. Will have to update on it when I do. I don't have the bambu one though.

Poopiedo

I used it for the first time last night. I like the softness but I've also used other conditioners and achieved the same amount of softness. I don't know if I'll continue to use it because of the lingering smell. It's a little too perfumey for me. It's smelling just as loud today as yesterday and I've used coconut oil on my hair also. If there is someway I could tone down the smell I would buy again because it's cheaper in comparison to the conditioners that give me the same result.

Solitude

@naturalbrownbeauty- I few days after using it my hair felt very coated and weird. Instead of my hair looking good, it ended up looking damaged(I don't know it's hard to explain). Also, as I was rinsing out the conditioner a small clump of hair fell out. However, I can't actually say that the clump was caused by the product. Because, my hair has been knotting up something terrible. So now my products are sitting in my product graveyard!!!!

Well, Silicon Mix is full of cones, which may explain the "coating." I never experienced this with SM, but I can see how it could happen.

The clump falling out sounds like a more serious hair health issue.

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
There's silicon mix and silicom mix proteina de perla

Proteina de perla is clearly protein. They both make your hair super-soft, anyway

thanks Solitude, i have tried the pearl, and i loved the smelll and it did make my hair extra soft!!

but the BSS had the 60oz of the regular silicon mix on sale for 20 so i had to get that one, but i wish they had the pearl one on sale:lick: i love ittt

Imani

I live in Fulton County please tell me where that BSS is so I can stop driving all over the state and use the gas money towards the hair products.

If u are near the southwest side of town, I spotted some silicon mix in this beauty supply store on fulton industrial near the intersection of camp creek on the side where the waffle house and a barber shop is.

I have some of this at home I have never used. I'm scared to use it tho bc my hair acts funny with products with too many cones sometimes. They will coat my hair and make it feel like plastic and look like straw. :nono:

I have the Nacidit Olive Oil as well. I was using it about 2 years ago and it seemed like it worked a little but didn't have any slip. I"m going to revisit it and try it under the steamer.

KrystalClear

IS this stuff seriously the business!? I ORDERED it last night, then I canceled lol. I was irritated at the shipping cost and bet I could find it SOME WHERE in the DFW! Anybody stay in Dallas!?!??! lol I need this stuff. My AOHSR is wonderful but if this is even better AND cheaper, then it will be a staple!!

SherylsTresses

I tried to stray by using my Joico K-Pak line as part of the "Use Up Your Stash Challenge" but it did nothing for my hair and it's all the rave.

Again, I am convinced that nothing works better on my hair than Silicon Mix. :yep:

VirGoViXxEn

I brought this about am onth ago and I am in love. I am 4A and have never experienced so much slip in my life. I mixed with Keracare Humecto b/c i have dry hair. I cant wait to see hwo this works during my stretch!!

KrystalClear

Anybody in TX find this in a BSS!? I'm in need lol. I want to try it, but can't really see paying 14 dollars (because of SH) when it doesn't cost anywhere NEAR that in the stores. :/ I may have to break down and do it.

leigh.hill

OKAY OKAY OKAY...You twisted my arm! I ordered the "mix" even though I know mineral oil is bad, bad, bad, these reviews are killing the PJ in me! I used it a long time ago and I liked it. I was not all the thrilled with AO HSR (which I thought was the holy grail of DC), but it was just ok. My hair felt a little dry after I used it sooooooo here I am buying another product. I hope it is good...