Silicon Mix! Where U Been All My Life?

jasminestar

I just discovered silicon mix. My curls are much tighter in the back, and are usually kind of crunchy when they dry, and the ends are super rough. I used it to moisturize my hair yesterday morning, and when I took down my hair at night it was so soft and moist, and my ends were behaving :) I'm super happy about it. The only thing I don't like is the smell.

sharifeh

my avanti silicon mix is collecting dust i need to try it as a dc, as a rinse out conditioner it did nothing

SundaiMorn

I really need to wash my hair and wanted to try another dominician conditioner since the 10 en 1 did not work for me. I just purchased the Silicon Mix and polisher from a local vendor in the Chas, SC. Her website is Afrovida.com. She was really nice and gave me a free sample of Lacio Lacio that I can't wait to use. It was like she was reading my mind bc it was the next product on my pj wish list.

beans4reezy

I really need to wash my hair and wanted to try another dominician conditioner since the 10 en 1 did not work for me.

Funny, I was tempted to pick up Miss Keys 10 en 1 this weekend to try it out, but stuck with my tride and true Silicon Mix. I'm glad I did:yep:

SherylsTresses

I :love: :love2: :love3: Silicon Mix products! It's the only line that really seems to help my 3c/4a/4b transitioning hair.

Last edited:

c*c*chic*

I luuurrrrrvvvveee silicon mix! Especially when I mix it with aphogee 2 min then use redken anti snap leave in!!!! Whooo!!!! Y'all don't even understand. Try it!

tdwillis

I just tried silicon mox this weekend. It is so good that I almost threw out every other deep conditioner I had (including shescentit and hairveda). It is that darn good!

curlydrea

I KNOW!! I KNOW!! (jumping up and down):yay:

This is my holy grail of hair products. I had to order mine and so was really taking a chance. I have the poo and con. When I tell you that my hair is as manageable as all get out and I am 11 weeks post? I can flat iron my hair after using it and it looks like I have a fresh relaxer. Oh, how I wish there was a BSS that carried it here in the ATL. Congratulations!

There is... in fulton county where i live, i might pick up some next week:yep::yep::yep:

Taina

I'm dominican and i never tryed it before untill i met this board! .. i have to say that i'm in love, i'm love .. i'm totally in love with this product. My hair loves it and so do i. I don't want it to finish ... i know it gonna take so long untill i go back to DR T.T

Last edited:

Barbara

Princess
I'm still thinking about buying it as soon as I use up some of my other conditioners. I have too much now.

NappiShawti

are there any more type 4 naturals that use this or is it best on relaxed hair??

i'm headed to the BSS this afternoon 4 a new wig but i need an excuse to buy summa this stuff too...:look:

MizzCoco

OMG!! This tub was sitting under my counter for almost a year before I tried it today...I wish I had listened! This stuff is the TRUTH!! I am almost 10 weeks post, and my detangling/rollerset was a breeze! My hair is light and fluffy, and smells heavenly!

SherylsTresses

I just tried silicon mox this weekend. It is so good that I almost threw out every other deep conditioner I had (including shescentit and hairveda). It is that darn good!

I am having the same thoughts for my Joico, KeraCare and Nexxus Phyto Organics lines. :yep:

sharifeh

It works great for me on dry hair with coconut oil, my hair comes out wonderful and my new growth is soft as well.

nymane

I'm so in love with this conditioner and I love that the 60oz is so affordable. I'm 22 weeks post relaxer and it definitely cuts my detangling time in half...and it's ubbber moisturizing.

prisytomboy

This is my holy grail of hair products. I had to order mine and so was really taking a chance. I have the poo and con. When I tell you that my hair is as manageable as all get out and I am 11 weeks post? I can flat iron my hair after using it and it looks like I have a fresh relaxer. Oh, how I wish there was a BSS that carried it here in the ATL. Congratulations!

I was in ATL in May 2009 and A-1 BSS carries it!!! :yep: the darn airport too my jar....ugh!!! I don't know the name of the street but its some shopping plaza that has the word "creek" in it. It is in a plaze with a Massage Envy, Old Navy, a fitness gym, Marshalls.....HTH

prisytomboy

Yes!!! i love silicone mix and love the lingering scent as well....my SO won't leave me alone!!!! I be singing that song...."I Got Sleep With One Eye Open" :lachen:

While I love silicon mix, I have found it works the best at managing my new growth during my relaxer stretches. The bummer is...they don't sell it in St. Louis so I have to order and shipping was like $8.....I HATE SHIPPING COST!!!! LOL but its worth it!

adw425

I saw some today at Angies Beauty Supply on Abernathy in the West End. The eight ounce jar was $5.99; the 16 ounce was $9.99 and the 16 ounce with pearl extract was $10.99. They also had two Nunatt products -- chocolate shampoo and conditioner. The chocolate masque conditioner was 17.6 ounces for only $5.99. It smelled wonderful. I was surprised to see these products, but it has been awhile since I have been in there and they have added a couple extra aisles and shortened the space between aisles to accommodate all their new products.

NJoy

Here I grow again!

Where are you in ATL? I just passed it on the shelves of my local BSS in Marietta(@Austell Rd & Floyd Rd). Now I have to go back and check it out.