Bone marrow conditioner?

brwnskingirl

So on one of my trips to the beauty supply I came across a conditioner called Bone Marrow penetraitt...I looked at the ingre. and collagen and Bone marrow is listed. Now I dont know how to explain this one but I was just curious to find out if anybody uses this or has heard about it. It is in a blue and white jar.

KinksnCurlz

Does it come in a blue and white tube (I think it's by Lamaur or something like that)?
if so, i hated it! it made my hair hard and nasty and it was a tangled mess afterwards.

Lindy

If it's by LaMaur, yes I have it, and I use it occasionally. It contains protein, so it will leave your hair a lil hard (but nothing tragic). I just follow up with a moisturizing conditioner.

The only reservations I have about this product is that one of the ingredients is Isopropyl Alcohol.

renee_n_3000

I've used it and it didn't work well for my hair. It is sticky and made my hair feel strange and difficult to comb. It didn't condition as well as my Suave conditioners or any other conditioner I've used. I don't know why, but I actually purchased it again several years after I'd originally tried it and it was just as bad as it was before.

lunalight7

My mom recommended this months ago when a lady at the gym told her about it. The lady's hair was usually toe up but after using it, my mom said her hair was transformed. So of course, my mom bought a tube for me. Like someone else said, I only used it once because it made my hair feel weird - - not hard, just kinda rough...I know it's protein and all, and after using Humectress my hair felt fine again. I just prefer Keraphix or GPB to the Bone Marrow.

Lindy

[ QUOTE ]
lunalight7 said:
I just prefer Keraphix or GPB to the Bone Marrow.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, so do I Lunalight... For me, Keraphix is #1 and GBP is #2, but I do use the Bone Marrow occasionally, just because I want to use it up.

mrslee

Love yourself first!
Has the reviews changed since March? I was thinking about trying it, but it doesnt seem to work for alot of people? /images/graemlins/frown.gif

webby

Think Slim
Now this is interesting...cuz I've had great results from Bone marrow, but I may have to find a substitute. I blame it on the pj in me.

miracle

I use the Lamaur Bone Marrow once a month and I love it. Even though it contains protein, it leaves my hair very soft and moisturized. I haven't seen the one in a blue and white jar, but I will keep an eye out for it.

webby

Think Slim
Ok, CH and Lindy...y'all have me ready to toss the rest of my bone marrow. Recommendations for a good moisturizing conditioners?

KinksnCurlz

to me, the lamaur was NOT moisturizing at all... it left my hair hard and tangled... it was the WORSE protein treatment (which is what i thought it was) that i ever used! i would suggest (you already know what im gonna say... LOL) keracare humecto /images/graemlins/wink.gif or st. ives fortifying reconstructor (that is, if you can find it... if you can, please cop one for me 2 and i'll pay ya for it /images/graemlins/smile.gif )

Tru_Mind

I've tried Bone Marrow Conditioner before, but I didn't like it. However, Bone Marrow Shampoo was the best, but they discontinued it years ago. I just found a shampoo similar to it that I use now with aloe in it.

Sally's sell a 99 cents little sample Bone Marrow Conditioner packet...try it and see if you like it.

lunalight7

I pulled this out after more than a year prior to my touch up. I used it w/ heat which may have been the culprit because this time, I had major tangles. It could have been the new growth as well. I will continue to try it w/ various moisturizing condits to get the right combo.

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
Did anyone use this product in the 1980's? I think they changed the formula. My aunt used it all the time in the 80's and it always smelled really bad. I bought some last year and smelled like perfume. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

webby

Think Slim
K, I'm going to give your suggestions a try...if I can find them and of course, I'll hook a girl up /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Tracy

I've used Bone Marrow and I like it alot - but you have to use it carefully. I never use BM without a follow up of a seriously detangling moisturizing conditioner. The ingredients guarantee your hair will tangle. It's up to you to offset that so you can get the full beenfit of the BM - which is really strengthening.

It's not meant to be a "softening" conditioner, so it doesn't do that. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

webby

Think Slim
Tracy, thanks...I'll be honest, I've never noticed any tangling and I'm definitely prone to get snags, but now I'm just concerned, because I don't want to add protein, on top of protein; I've been using it after Emergencee.

The jar says, "moisturizing deep conditioner" /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif

Lindy

[ QUOTE ]
webby said:
Tracy, thanks...I'll be honest, I've never noticed any tangling and I'm definitely prone to get snags, but now I'm just concerned, because I don't want to add protein, on top of protein; I've been using it after Emergencee.

The jar says, "moisturizing deep conditioner" /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I DEFINITELY would NOT use it right after Emergencee!! /images/graemlins/nono.gif That would be protein overload, IMO... /images/graemlins/naughty.gif