Biotin Update- Not really working

Neen

I've been taking the PP Biotin for about 2 months now, 10mg, and I don't notice any difference in my hair growth. How long does it take for this stuff to kick in? On the up side, I have been taking Iron for about a month, 325mg, and my temples are noticably growing back. But I know that was the Iron for sure, since I was anemic and the growth coincided with my starting the iron. Anyone else here slow to respond to the Biotin?

KAddy

I have been taking Biotin with my regular daily multi-vitamin. When I took the vitamin shoppe brand by itself a few years ago I didn't notice a difference. But when I started taking th ebrand I take now with my multi-vitamin I did notice a difference. I too am anemic so I think taking my multi-vitamin that has iron and zinc with biotin has made a difference.

Jade21

Hi, Neen!

I am glad that you have responded to the iron quickly. If you are iron-deficient anemic, your hair has probably been craving this for at least months. With the biotin, it may well be the particular brand. Are you taking Puritan's Pride 1mg tablets or the 5mg caps? I never tried the 5mg capsules because the 1mg tabs work extremely well for me and, overall, are actually cheaper. I take five 1mg tabs daily and am more than pleased. I alternate between Puritan's Pride and Freeda. With Freeda, I take 2 of the 2.5mg tablets. Freeda also makes 10mg tablets and are probably the most potent on the market. I've taken them to grow out my nails fast with astounding results, and at the same time, I've watched extra hair on my head just sprout faster than fast. So, if Puritan's Pride doesn't kick in within a month, think about moving on to another brand.

Happy Holidays,

Jade

buffalosoldier

I really like Biotin it works for me. I took the target kind 3x1mg daily and now I take 2x 1.5 extreme biotin from walmart. I take them with centrum a-zinc which is a REALLY good multi vitamin that i take for my health.

KAddy

buffalosoldier said:
I really like Biotin it works for me. I took the target kind 3x1mg daily and now I take 2x 1.5 extreme biotin from walmart. I take them with centrum a-zinc which is a REALLY good multi vitamin that i take for my health.
I take the generic wal-mart version of this vitamin and I agree it is a great vitamin. The walmart brand has the EXACT amounts as the Centrum one. I think coupling this with the biotin has helped.

Isis

Jade21 said:
Hi, Neen!

I am glad that you have responded to the iron quickly. If you are iron-deficient anemic, your hair has probably been craving this for at least months. With the biotin, it may well be the particular brand. Are you taking Puritan's Pride 1mg tablets or the 5mg caps? I never tried the 5mg capsules because the 1mg tabs work extremely well for me and, overall, are actually cheaper. I take five 1mg tabs daily and am more than pleased. I alternate between Puritan's Pride and Freeda. With Freeda, I take 2 of the 2.5mg tablets. Freeda also makes 10mg tablets and are probably the most potent on the market. I've taken them to grow out my nails fast with astounding results, and at the same time, I've watched extra hair on my head just sprout faster than fast. So, if Puritan's Pride doesn't kick in within a month, think about moving on to another brand.

Happy Holidays,

Jade

Thanks for sharing this Jade21 I have Biotin (Nature's Way brand, I believe) but haven't taken any since the beginning of the year. I drink a lot of water daily for health and my usually clear skin suddenly had pimples. Even when I increased my water intake, there they were. :eek: They went away as soon as I stopped the Biotin, which was 5 mg capsules. I may try the Puritan Pride brand but how much water do you drink while using Biotin, on top of your daily amount?

keylargo

the different brands make a huge difference. I've tried the country life biotin 5mg caps and it worked well at thickening my newgrowth and no breakouts. I did not notice faster growth though. The GNC biotin worked great on my skin. My skin was much clearer and did not breakout at all. I was taking two 2.5mg caps per day. I stopped taking it because I was looking for faster hair growth. I tried the solaray biotin and it really caused pimples. I didn't take it long enough to see if it effected my hair because I could not deal with the breakouts.

DangerouslyShy

keylargo said:
the different brands make a huge difference. I've tried the country life biotin 5mg caps and it worked well at thickening my newgrowth and no breakouts. I did not notice faster growth though. The GNC biotin worked great on my skin. My skin was much clearer and did not breakout at all. I was taking two 2.5mg caps per day. I stopped taking it because I was looking for faster hair growth. I tried the solaray biotin and it really caused pimples. I didn't take it long enough to see if it effected my hair because I could not deal with the breakouts.
Interesting I didnt know that

Isis

keylargo said:
This is interesting. So it looks like brands really do make a difference, at least with biotin.