Sealing ends of Kanekalon Braids

Chameleonchick

I think for the spring I want to put some braids in. I want to use kanekalon hair but I don't want to burn the ends. Is there techniques that you have used to do this? If so please help me out.

tbaby_8

Try rolling the ends on perm rods and then dip in boiling water. That will give you a pretty spiral look. hth

Chameleonchick

Thanks I have done that with my kinky twists. But with this hair if I don't curl the ends will they unravel? Will I be able to swim with them?

Lucky's Mom

Thanks I have done that with my kinky twists. But with this hair if I don't curl the ends will they unravel? Will I be able to swim with them?

No your hair won't un ravel.
You can do a couple of things.

add oil to the ends of your Kanekalon, and dip them....
Or spray the ends with Water, and Blow Dry the ends with a round brush.

Will look like HH braids...:lick::yep:

asummertyme

I just dip mines is boilng hot water and carefully towel dry while they are hanging strait down away from you body cause it will burn u! If i want a loose wavy look..i put about 5 or 6 big loose briads in the hot water...dip and unravel the loose briads..makes a very nice wavy texture...the good this about kankelon is..if you wanna curl it one week and wear it strait the next all u have to do is just redip them in the hot water...and it straitens right back out..u can rock a few styles!