Hip Length 2011!! Let's do this!!

yamilee21

... I was growing my usual V and I wanted even hair lol. So I cut it to blunt. Now that my V is coming back, I think I will just leave it alone and let it grow. ...

That's the spirit! :D

Seriously, we need a "Embrace the V" challenge... so many of us with hair growing in a V-shape that we keep chopping off. Let those Vs be, :lol:.

Vintagecoilylocks

The natural shape of the hair is beautiful.

:Rose:

Lita

Whimsy late but i'm surprised you cut your hair but it looks fantastic. the curls and the color.

So I figured i was getting ssk's because i've been doing wash in goes and putting it in a bun. :nono: terrible idea, especially since i'm transitioning (i usually just tuck up the relaxed ends) I really do have to braid my hair to wash.
i said i was going to trim a .5 inch but I'm going to try trim an inch this weekend or early next week and then go ahead and do two in june.

Janet' and NJoy
I hope it is okay that one pic is a bun and the other is only half a pic. oops :blush:

brg240 BEAUTIFUL...Keep growing...My hair also grows in a natural V..Let It Do,What it do...

Happy Hair Growing!

~*~ShopAholic~*~

I never got a chance to flatiron just DC and co-washed. Just looking at that 1" CHI was discouraging LOL. What 2" or 2 1/2" flatiron would y'all recommend?

Sent from my Zio

BeautifulFlower

Hola Senoritas

I am posting my new starting pic. I just got the motivation today that I can be hip length (again :rolleyes:) by Dec 30. I think I need a solid 3 to 4 inches.

Hair after 3 inch trim/cut

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Hola Senoritas

I am posting my new starting pic. I just got the motivation today that I can be hip length (again :rolleyes:) by Dec 30. I think I need a solid 3 to 4 inches.

Hair after 3 inch trim/cut

Aye, Senorita! Es tan bonita!! Su pelo es impresionante! Buena! :yep:

Mz.MoMo5235

just a heads up so no one gets worried. on the 25th i'm having my internet cut off so you guys wont hear from me again until i get to india about the 2nd or 3rd wk of june :)

SHEANITPRO

I posted this pic the other day, in the "everday hair" thread. Progress is good, but I want to cut my hair soooo bad that its killing me, I've never felt such an urge before and I really don't want to self-sabotage length has never bothered me so much . Can anyone relate? Hopefully the feeling is a fleeting one. I plan to relax this weekend, and will post result pics.

Last edited:

MariposaSexyGirl

I posted this pic the other day, in the "everday hair" thread. Progress is good, but I want to cut my hair soooo bad that its killing me, I've never felt such and urge before and I really don't want to self-sabotage length has never bothered me so much . Can anyone relate? Hopefully the feeling is a fleeting one. I plan to relax this weekend, and will post result pics.

It's very pretty :yep: ! Maybe you should wear it in a bun for awhile, or out of your way so you don't have to think about it. I can;t wait to see the results after your relaxer.

Lita

I posted this pic the other day, in the "everday hair" thread. Progress is good, but I want to cut my hair soooo bad that its killing me, I've never felt such and urge before and I really don't want to self-sabotage length has never bothered me so much . Can anyone relate? Hopefully the feeling is a fleeting one. I plan to relax this weekend, and will post result pics.

SHEANITPRO You hair is thick,healthy & absolutely GORGEOUS...Leave it alone..

Happy Hair Growing!

Lucia

I posted this pic the other day, in the "everday hair" thread. Progress is good, but I want to cut my hair soooo bad that its killing me, I've never felt such an urge before and I really don't want to self-sabotage length has never bothered me so much . Can anyone relate? Hopefully the feeling is a fleeting one. I plan to relax this weekend, and will post result pics.

Gorgeous hair,
Don't cut so fast try wearing it in ponytails or buns for a while until the "itch" passes. our hair is healthy and thick the ends look great there really is no need to cut.

Yes I know what you mean the self-sabotage thing is real and people don't think that you could do that to yourself once you come close to or reach a dream length. I think wait it out and you'll see that the urge passes, just remember how much work and care you put into getting you new length. Once you beat the urge the first time you'll be able to beat the urge if it ever comes back-trust me I've been there. HTH

~*~ShopAholic~*~

Girl cut what? Your hair is gorgeous! I wouldn't cut it, it looks good to me.

Sent from my Zio

I'd like to be added :D. No chance of achieving this before LATE in the year but since I'm almost at full waist now I think I can do it. This thread will remind me and be my incentive not to trim when I think my ends are getting thin unless there's major damage.

wyldcurlz

Whimsy late but i'm surprised you cut your hair but it looks fantastic. the curls and the color.

So I figured i was getting ssk's because i've been doing wash in goes and putting it in a bun. :nono: terrible idea, especially since i'm transitioning (i usually just tuck up the relaxed ends) I really do have to braid my hair to wash.
i said i was going to trim a .5 inch but I'm going to try trim an inch this weekend or early next week and then go ahead and do two in june.

Janet' and NJoy
I hope it is okay that one pic is a bun and the other is only half a pic. oops :blush:

brg240 i get a lot of ssk's too...AND i (used) to wear wash-n-go's a lot. how are you going to style and wear your hair on a daily basis in order to prevent ssk's?

NJoy

Here I grow again!

Girl, your hair is beautiful. Nobody's gonna cosign cutting so, I'm gonna get with the consensus and say bun that gorgeous hair til that urge passes. Thick and healthy? Shoooooot. Back aWAY from the scissors and thoughts of it, girl.

Oh, and feel free to post more pics...more often. Love seeing your hair! :lick: