what type of extension hair do u use for 2 strand twists

scarcity21

that look about twice( or 1.5x) the size of a #2 pencil and look loosely twisted.
Ive searched hi and low on google for a pic to post on here but cant find any. It is kinky twists with extensions but it does not look like ur typical KTs. I rarely see people sporting this do...Anyone know what im talking about? To me, it looks more natural...i dunno if the look was created using human hair or synthetic hair extensions. Sorry for the poor description.

Last edited:

scarcity21

Thanks lilsparkle, I was actually talking about a certain look...it looks like regular KTs but has a looser twist pattern to it...almost like India arie's look on chocolate high video but not quiet as loose

Akemi

What about Afro kinky bulk hair? I use that for my twists and people alwyas think it's my own hair.

Sweetyb

Do you have a link to the style you're trying to achieve?

If this helps anyone, I use Janet hair ($9/pack) when I twist my clients.

RENIBELL

is it a loose curl hair that can be re-used for up to a year? sold in ounces my sis got it from a website called "itsyours"it s quite expensive as well isnt it?

simplie_lovable

No, I do not have fokti sorry, and I dont have a picture with it on but my cousin has she's been doing her like that for 2 years now. If you live in South Florida I can tell you about someone who can do it for you.

scarcity21

Do you have a link to the style you're trying to achieve?

If this helps anyone, I use Janet hair ($9/pack) when I twist my clients.

i dont have a link sweetyb, heck...i cant even find a picture online...it closely resembles pictures of afro twist (when u google it) but the style im referring to , is somewhat of a larger/looser twist. It is a variation of the normal kinky twists everyone normally gets...its just not twisted as tight or so it seems when looking at the style from a distance.

OT but do u have pics of ur clients hair using the janet hair??

scarcity21

is it a loose curl hair that can be re-used for up to a year? sold in ounces my sis got it from a website called "itsyours"it s quite expensive as well isnt it?
Thats the problem...i dont even know what type of hair it is...do u have a pic of ur sis with the hair in?pls say yes:grin:

scarcity21

No, I do not have fokti sorry, and I dont have a picture with it on but my cousin has she's been doing her like that for 2 years now. If you live in South Florida I can tell you about someone who can do it for you.
thanks but i dont live in SF....can some1 pls tell simplie how to post pics, so she can and I can see if we both talking about the same style here...pretty plssssssssssssssssss:grin:

scarcity21

Last edited:

scarcity21

ladies? helpppppppppppppppppppppp....im sure someone on here has had this style done before or knows some1 who did.

FtrDrO

The pic that you posted looks to use marley bulk hair to me. It's loosely twisted and still appears bulky just like that.

Bluetopia

Thank you sooo much for posting this!!!

I have been searching for the same type of hair to achieve natural looking kinky twists in the Fall and will be following your progress closely.

I hope someone can be of service and recommend the right kind of hair.

scarcity21

i hope so too...I swear the next time I see someone with this style, im asking them what type of hair they used...lol

claudia05

Janet Collection 100% Toyokalon Afro Twist Bulk $8.99.
http://www.janetcollection.com/synthetic_hair/bulks.html
Doesn't look like it makes very good twisting hair in the package but once it's cut to desired length and made into smaller parts and twisted correctly it makes sense. Mine does not look like the girl's on the package :lachen:! They are much smaller and shorter so they look a million times better.
It only takes one pack to do my whole head, because I have fine hair.
Very lightweight, I forget I have them. Moves and bounces. Not bulky and can be easily pulled back (mine are a little longer than shoulder length) Very natural looking. I get lots of compliments...

Last edited:

scarcity21

Janet Collection 100% Toyokalon Afro Twist Bulk $8.99.
http://www.janetcollection.com/synthetic_hair/bulks.html
Doesn't look like it makes very good twisting hair in the package but once it's cut to desired length and made into smaller parts and twisted correctly it makes sense. Mine does not look like the girl's on the package :lachen:! They are much smaller and shorter so they look a million times better.
It only takes one pack to do my whole head, because I have fine hair.
Very lightweight, I forget I have them. Moves and bounces. Not bulky and can be easily pulled back (mine are a little longer than shoulder length) Very natural looking. I get lots of compliments...

Thanks...do u have a pic of ur hair in the style? I bought the janet afro bulk...have yet to use it tho...does the janet afro twist come twisted / separated into ready to use strands?

scarcity21

Marley Braid, Hand Braid or Puffy Screw
Thanks glam...isnt marley braid, rough and plasticky feeling?
whats the hand braid...never heard of that before.
also what brand is the puffy screw...is the hand braid and puffyscrew synthetic or human hair?

scarcity21

This website has the most variety in twisting hair that I've seen. They also have pics of a lot of different types of twists

http://www.eonhair.com/Twist-hair/c1/index.html?osCsid=2fd7069f7866900427fc3bff68b63277

ETA this seems similar to what you're looking for
http://www.salontresbelle.com/afrokinky.html

kinda sorta...I still dunno what type of hair they used to achieve that style...I do have eon hair fluffly twist but it came on a track like weaving hair...have yet to use it