6 Month Vitamin Challenge (Nov-April)

ScorpioBeauty09

Checking in for this week. I must confess I went 2 days last weekend without taking my vits but it was my birthday party and it was crazy.:look: I don't think it will make much difference since I've been taking vitamins 2 months before this challenge began and there's enough of it in my system.:yep:

Aggie

Already took more than half of my vitamins for the day and is about to take the remainder in a few minutes.

JustGROWwithIt

I'm IN!
I started taking vitamins a few weeks ago and am being very strict with it so this helps me keep on track too.
Vitamins I am currently taking:
Naturalist Hair, Skin & Nails with High Potency Biotin (3000mg)--3x a day
Naturalist Triple Omega 3-6-9 (Fish, Flax & Borage Oils)--3x a day
Naturalist Garlic supplement--3x a day

I don't know if there are some other good vitamins out there that I should add. If anyone has any suggestions let me know!

Last edited:

Evallusion

LiloLombardi
Ive been doing good with my kiddie vits. I'm almost out so now im on the search for adult chewables and an iron pill.

JustGROWwithIt

I ran out of my pills yesterday so I missed a couple doses, but I still took most of them. I'm heading to the store in a few minutes though to restock and get back on it today.

JustGROWwithIt

I'm IN!
I started taking vitamins a few weeks ago and am being very strict with it so this helps me keep on track too.
Vitamins I am currently taking:
Naturalist Hair, Skin & Nails with High Potency Biotin (3000mg)--3x a day
Naturalist Triple Omega 3-6-9 (Fish, Flax & Borage Oils)--3x a day
Naturalist Garlic supplement--3x a day

I don't know if there are some other good vitamins out there that I should add. If anyone has any suggestions let me know!

So there is a change to my vitamin regimen. I went to the store to buy some more and couldn't find the Hair, Skin & Nails vitamin I was using. So I purchase instead Naturalist Biotin 1000mcg. I will take 5 pills a day resulting in 5000mcg. Is that too much? The pill bottle recommendds 3-5 pills a day so I figured I'd go with the max. I need all the help I can get! :lol:

Last edited:

Dominicanatural

Hey all! Checking in. Last week I missed my very first day of the challenge because I got home very late and completely forgot though my vits were on my mind all night. Despite this small failure, I am proud to report that I have just completed my first bottle of MSM (which I had begun a month before the challenge started)! I am taking 2 1000 mcg pills a day (Rite Aid brand) and just finished a 120 capsule bottle (i.e. 60 days)--luckily I live next to the pharmacy and can quickly restock. This may not be impressive to a lot of you veterans but I have never ever in my life finished a bottle of vitamins before the expiration date. Also, I really think my mix of MSM + biotin + multivitamin is working. At 15 months post I can fully put my thick hair into a substantial ponytail :). I can't wait to see what April will bring.

Aggie

So there is a change to my vitamin regimen. I went to the store to buy some more and couldn't find the Hair, Skin & Nails vitamin I was using. So I purchase instead Naturalist Biotin 1000mcg. I will take 5 pills a day resulting in 5000mcg. Is that too much? The pill bottle recommendds 3-5 pills a day so I figured I'd go with the max. I need all the help I can get! :lol:

I am currently taking 1 - 5000mcg biotin capsule twice a day now but I originally started out with 1000mcg and simply increased it over time. I will keep this up and see how it affects my hair over at least the next 8-12 months.

Last edited:

JustGROWwithIt

Took all my vitamins today. Thinking of adding a prenatal vitamin. I was taking one and just forgot to refill my prescription. But I really should since I'm nursing my baby still and it's good for overall health.

JustGROWwithIt

Checking in...took most of my vits for the day. Will be taking the rest with dinner this evening.
About how long does it take to start noticing results from taking vitamins?

Skiggle

Checking in!
I'm in cornrows till the end of Jan. Using halfwigs/wigs to protective style!
Been taking my vitamins consistently!

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Oh I need this challenge. I've been slacking and usually really start slacking when things get busy....like holiday busy.

Anywho, I'm taking Futurebiotics (GNC), MSM, NAC, super B complex and garlic.