Mixing Bigen Permanent Color w/ Semi-permanent Rinse?

DivineNapps1728

The best hair color I've used since going natural has been Bigen; I love the predictable results, but I'd like more color options. Has anyone ever mixed a Bigen permanent hair color with a rinse, indigo or something similar to achieve a unique color ? If so, what'd you use & what was the result ?

I'd like to achieve jet black hair with a visible blue cast or jet black hair with a visible plum cast. I'm thinking of mixing a bit of Manic Panic color into my Bigen to see what happens, but I'm not sure how the two formulas will react.

Any suggestions of products, all tips & wisdom are greatly appreciated !!

(Just as a caveat, I'm not open to bleaching, highlighting or using any formulations that will "lift" my natural color)

manter26

I think you should stick to the same brand, same product in different colors if you want a custom color. You never know how chemicals can react. I've mixed rinses, usually a red with a dark brown (Beautiful Collection brand). Always mix the whole lot beforehand because it's hard to get the exact ratios correct if you run out of product.

DivineNapps1728

I think you should stick to the same brand, same product in different colors if you want a custom color. You never know how chemicals can react. I've mixed rinses, usually a red with a dark brown (Beautiful Collection brand). Always mix the whole lot beforehand because it's hard to get the exact ratios correct if you run out of product.

The bolded is what I feared, but the Bigen permanent dyes are such basic colors there's no way I could achieve the look I desire by just using them alone.

auparavant

The best hair color I've used since going natural has been Bigen; I love the predictable results, but I'd like more color options. Has anyone ever mixed a Bigen permanent hair color with a rinse, indigo or something similar to achieve a unique color ? If so, what'd you use & what was the result ?

I'd like to achieve jet black hair with a visible blue cast or jet black hair with a visible plum cast. I'm thinking of mixing a bit of Manic Panic color into my Bigen to see what happens, but I'm not sure how the two formulas will react.

Any suggestions of products, all tips & wisdom are greatly appreciated !!

(Just as a caveat, I'm not open to bleaching, highlighting or using any formulations that will "lift" my natural color)

THere is a stylist on Youtube named MsMikko and I'd pass her a mail on that. She's wary of Bigen because of the metals in it. I wouldn't risk it before asking her.

SummerSolstice

DivineNapps1728 there are really nice blue/blacks out there that are better than bigen.

I have used pravana blue on a client with very dark hair and the result was blue black. but it also depends on how much blue you want to see.

also i wouldn't go mixing 2 brands together. one after the other is one thing, but all at once isn't wise IMO.

DivineNapps1728

@DivineNapps1728 there are really nice blue/blacks out there that are better than bigen.

I have used pravana blue on a client with very dark hair and the result was blue black. but it also depends on how much blue you want to see.

also i wouldn't go mixing 2 brands together. one after the other is one thing, but all at once isn't wise IMO.

I'm open to trying new brands, just haven't had much luck. Where did you purchase the pravana blue hair color?