Do you prepoo before a co-wash?

shandaw

I will be cowashing for the first time tonight. I was wondering if anyone here does a pre-poo first? thanks.

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
No. I only prepoo before using shampoo

MummysGirl

Yes I do.

Sometimes I prepoo with oils, sometimes I DC on dry hair then cowash... other times I don't prepoo at all.

nymane

Yup I'm pre-pooing right now; I pre-poo with a cheapy conditioner like Suave or v05 for about 2 hrs then follow up with co-washing....this method is a Godsend while stretching!

growinstrong

So are you gonna co-wash with the same conditioner that you pre-poo with or another? And are you gonna DC afterwards? If so, will it be the same conditioner again or another :ohwell:?

Yup I'm pre-pooing right now; I pre-poo with a cheapy conditioner like Suave or v05 for about 2 hrs then follow up with co-washing....this method is a Godsend while stretching!

msa

I prepoo with oil anytime I'm going to wet my hair, doesn't matter if I plan to cowash or shampoo.

Now when I was trying to use up stuff I'd prepoo with all kinds of random mixes just so I could get rid of the things I didn't like.

Stacy TheLady

I pre-poo before pooing or co washing.

Day before I clarify with V05 Kiwi & Lime conditioner with lime juice mixed in it. I then pre-pooed with amla oil, then I pooed with Amla Poo and co washed with V05 Moisture Milks. Did a mild protein DC followed with a moisture DC.

nymane

So are you gonna co-wash with the same conditioner that you pre-poo with or another? And are you gonna DC afterwards? If so, will it be the same conditioner again or another :ohwell:?

I'm going to co-wash with Aussie Moist, but sometimes I'll co-wash with the same V05 or Suave conditioner. Today I'm not going to DC, but if I were, I'd DC on dry hair (with Aubrey Organic WC or HSR) then co-wash :yep:

BostonMaria

Hey OP you might want to add a poll to make it easier for you IMHO

I don't always pre-poo before co-washing, but if I have time yes I try to do that. Either with Vatika Frosting or coconut oil. I sometimes do it with EVOO.

shandaw

Hey OP you might want to add a poll to make it easier for you IMHO

I don't always pre-poo before co-washing, but if I have time yes I try to do that. Either with Vatika Frosting or coconut oil. I sometimes do it with EVOO.

LOL I don't know how to add a poll. Or I would.

Stella B.

This is a good question. I've always wondered this myself. When I co-washed for the first time ever a few days ago, I decided to turn the pre-poo into a DC on dry hair first, with heat for 30 minutes. My dc mix had a little olive oil mixed in, so it was pretty similar to what I normally do, before a wash. I then rinsed, and co-washed with a different conditioner. No shampoo, just water and conditioner. Stepped out of the shower, added leave-in, and a little serum, styled as usual. I let my hair air dry since I applied heat to it earlier for the DC. I really liked doing it this way; it saved time, and allowed me to condition my hair without using shampoo. I also didn't worry about rollersetting, going under the dryer, or silk wrapping my hair after the co-wash. I can see where co-washing can be done easily between shampoos, and if you DC and co-wash on the same day, you're killing two birds with one stone.:yep:

jasminea

I pre-poo with VO5 mixed with EVOO or EVCO followed by co-wash. The extra oil help keeps my hair soft especially the new growth.

Neith

I used to pre poo before co washing.

If you are using oil or are heavy handed, the co wash may leave you a bit oily. Co washing doesn't clean like shampoo does.

If I want extra moisture when I co wash, I let the conditioner sit before I rinse it out. Depending on the type of conditioner used, you can get a nice deep condition or nice light moisturizing treatment AND a co wash... without build up and all in one step. :yep:

Aspire

Yes I do.

Sometimes I prepoo with oils, sometimes I DC on dry hair then cowash... other times I don't prepoo at all.

:yep: ITA. It just depends on what my hair needs at the time.

You might want to start out with just one step though. That way if you do/don't like it you will know why. Then try different products and/or steps as you go along. If you try several steps the first time and don't like, how will you know which product/step caused the issue? Just a suggestion. Good luck!

LawyerLady

I used to pre poo before co washing.

If you are using oil or are heavy handed, the co wash may leave you a bit oily. Co washing doesn't clean like shampoo does.

If I want extra moisture when I co wash, I let the conditioner sit before I rinse it out. Depending on the type of conditioner used, you can get a nice deep condition or nice light moisturizing treatment AND a co wash... without build up and all in one step. :yep:

I know this is an older thread but I had to comment @ the bolded.

This is what I have started doing as of late and so far so good. I slather my Motions Moisture Plus with some Vatika oil onto my dry hair, cover with a plastic cap for about 1/2 hr and then while taking a shower rinse, add a lil more conditioner onto the wet hair and then rinse. I then proceed to air dry and wet wrap once I've put in my leave in and seal