What is the BEST Hair, Skin and Nail Vitamin?

tastesosweet

Since joining this forum, I have heard of a lot of different hair vitamins to use. I found one that looked interesting to me but other users have given this vitamin (Country Life Maxi Hair) a bad review. Before I make my next purchase, I would LOVE to hear what vitamins have worked for you ladies. I really want a vitamin that is good for hair, skin, and nails, not just hair. Corbins has already given me a few suggestions (Shen Min and L-Cysteine) but what else is out there? I saw a thread where ladies are using Nioxon, but a friend of mine that was using it was not that impressed with the results. I'm so tired of looking for the RIGHT vitamin I don't know what to do. Please give me suggestions ladies of what has worked for you.

ayoung

I have found that the Hair Skin Nails vitamins from WalMart work well. They work just as well as Nioxin (*if not better--they have more biotin and have MSM*) plus my nails were really strong.

After my Nioxin is finished, I'm going back to those and sticking w/ them...

MiWay

I haven't used a Hair Skin & Nail vitamin (yet), but I've heard great things about Andrew Lessman vitamins. The lady that referred them to me has almost waistlength hair. She also mentioned that her nails are extremely strong because of those vitamins.

Divine Inspiration

I like the HSN vit from Vitamin Shoppe that's "Especially for Women." But out of every beauty vit I've tried, Source Naturals' Skin Eternal Plus is the only vit that did the trick for me. Not only did it encourage growth, but it did NOT break me out which has been an issue for me in the past, especially with vits that contain Biotin. This vit contains just about everything you could ask for in a hair vit although it's sold as a skin supplement. Anyhoo, it's my fav. It's expensive ($18 for 15 days when taken as directed) but it's worth it IMO.

HTH

{DI}

ekomba

tastesosweet said:
Since joining this forum, I have heard of a lot of different hair vitamins to use. I found one that looked interesting to me but other users have given this vitamin (Country Life Maxi Hair) a bad review. Before I make my next purchase, I would LOVE to hear what vitamins have worked for you ladies. I really want a vitamin that is good for hair, skin, and nails, not just hair. Corbins has already given me a few suggestions (Shen Min and L-Cysteine) but what else is out there? I saw a thread where ladies are using Nioxon, but a friend of mine that was using it was not that impressed with the results. I'm so tired of looking for the RIGHT vitamin I don't know what to do. Please give me suggestions ladies of what has worked for you.

I love Vitol hair nails and skin it has given me great results but i did not find it at Vitamin shoppe i usually get it from gnc. so i took Vitol great Hair thats what i m taking now with shen min advanced women's formula so far so good

macherieamour

i use futurebiotics hair skin and nails. Its amazing. My hair grew a lot and my nails were super hard. My skin was the clearest its ever been :)

Victorian

old head
Divine Inspiration said:
It's expensive ($18 for 15 days when taken as directed) but it's worth it IMO.

HTH

{DI}

And here I thought I was alone in the world taking Skin Eternal Plus :lol: I first saw it on the Vitamin Shoppe site over a year ago and asked about it on the board but no one seemed to know what it was. Girl, save some money and buy it online. Even with shipping you'll pay about $26 for a 30-day supply. See here

hot_pepper96

Divine Inspiration said:
I like the HSN vit from Vitamin Shoppe that's "Especially for Women." But out of every beauty vit I've tried, Source Naturals' Skin Eternal Plus is the only vit that did the trick for me. Not only did it encourage growth, but it did NOT break me out which has been an issue for me in the past, especially with vits that contain Biotin. This vit contains just about everything you could ask for in a hair vit although it's sold as a skin supplement. Anyhoo, it's my fav. It's expensive ($18 for 15 days when taken as directed) but it's worth it IMO.

HTH

{DI}

How many did you take a day?

Divine Inspiration

BlackCardinal said:
And here I thought I was alone in the world taking Skin Eternal Plus :lol: I first saw it on the Vitamin Shoppe site over a year ago and asked about it on the board but no one seemed to know what it was. Girl, save some money and buy it online. Even with shipping you'll pay about $26 for a 30-day supply. See here

:lol: Actually, YOU were the person who put me up on SEP! I've been purchasing it from the VS, but thank you for the link!!! I'm definitely gonna order it...I'll be saving a lot of money that way.

Thanks! :kiss:

hot_pepper96 said:
How many did you take a day?

The bottle recommends that you take 4 tablets/day. At first, that seemed like a lot to me so I only took 2/day. However, I didn't get the results I was hoping for. So I decided to give it a try as directed and I've gotten such great results that I don't mind taking 4/day. :look:

littleaudie

I just finished a bottle of phtyo vitamins ($48 for a 2month supply) and I have to say I'm not impressed. I tried that hair formula37 but it's really too many for me to take... (6 per day big horse pills)
So I'm glad you started this thread, and I'll be going back to my old faithful Andrew Lessman Hair Skin & Nail vitamin. I learned about him on Home shopping Network. And a co-worker of mine gave me bottle she believed in them so much. (plus she has great hair) You can purchase them from HSN.COM or
http://www.pro-caps.com/PCCore/Pages/Products/PCLCategory.aspx?type=1&cid=268435470

I think they have the best absorbency and they are the gel caps not solid pills so they don't just sit in your stomach. Consistency is also important but I think my hair and nails react the best when I use this product.
He's got an instant energy vitamin I really like too. HHG

littleaudie

This is the label It contains a good blend of products most LHCF members use msm,biotin...

blueabyss333

littleaudie said:
I just finished a bottle of phtyo vitamins ($48 for a 2month supply) and I have to say I'm not impressed. I tried that hair formula37 but it's really too many for me to take... (6 per day big horse pills)
So I'm glad you started this thread, and I'll be going back to my old faithful Andrew Lessman Hair Skin & Nail vitamin. I learned about him on Home shopping Network. And a co-worker of mine gave me bottle she believed in them so much. (plus she has great hair) You can purchase them from HSN.COM or
http://www.pro-caps.com/PCCore/Pages/Products/PCLCategory.aspx?type=1&cid=268435470

I think they have the best absorbency and they are the gel caps not solid pills so they don't just sit in your stomach. Consistency is also important but I think my hair and nails react the best when I use this product.

Did you take HF 37 long enough to see it work though?

tastesosweet

littleaudie said:

I'm seriously considering this Andrew Lessman vitamin. I did a google search and read about this product and it sounds promising. I also like the Futurebiotics vitamin, but the fact that the Lessman vitamin is a gelcap makes me interested. Ladies, tell me if you know this answer to this: Does the amount of Biotin in a vitamin make a difference? I thought it did since many ladies are taking straight Biotin vitamins, but the vitamin I'm currently using has 2,000 mcg of Biotin and it has gotten bad reviews. Any ideas ladies?

czyfaith77

ayoung1981 said:
I have found that the Hair Skin Nails vitamins from WalMart work well. They work just as well as Nioxin (*if not better--they have more biotin and have MSM*) plus my nails were really strong.

After my Nioxin is finished, I'm going back to those and sticking w/ them...

Which ones are you talking about AYoung1981? I use Rexall Hair, Skin, & Nails Which you can purchase from Wal-Mart for like or & dollars. It has 3000 mcg of Biotin. I take this and GNC's Women's Ultra Mega together (I like teh Women's Ultra because it has the vegetable and fruit blend and a few other things that makes the combination more complete for me). The Rexall brand is fine by itself but for my own personal needs an additional set of vitamins were viable. I have been using Rexall a little over a year now (when I first started taking better care of my hair). As with any vitamin, always eat a little something before taking them. HTH

Last edited: