Has anyone tried goldmedal hair products????

bri123

Has anyone tried power gro herbal conditioner and power gro shampoo. What do you think of the products also the lavender moisturizing hair lotion?
Thanks
Bridgette

GodMadeMePretty

I've used them. Especially on my daughter. The only shampoo I used was their baby shampoo. It was truly no more tears for her.

The conditioner is a good protein conditioner and it moisturizes and makes the hair soft too. I used it on myself and daughter as well.

The lavender cream moisturizer was a staple of mine until they added the fragrance. You may like it but I have a very sensitive nose and some scents just make my throat close up or my head hurt (I even told my husband that the most recent facial mask he bought for himself had to go because it was making my head hurt). It's not strong or bad - it's just me. The smell doesn't bother ordinary people.

I've tried a number of their products and they are good. That's what my mother used when I was growing up. They have a good leave-in conditioner called Vitamin Treatment also especially if you have breakage. Strengthens the hair strands.

bri123

Dear Godmademepretty,
My sister and mom are the same way with scents they would start sneezing. Thanks for the response. The lavender lotion smell like lavender which is my favorite I don't want to use something in my hair that has an over powering smell but if it smells like lavender than I will have to buy it. Thank you so very much for your help I really appreciate it.
Bridgette

LABETT

I use these products years ago cant remember which one the smell was awful but I got good results.

fudge6

I used their products a LONG time ago, but I'll tell you what I remember of the products I used from them in the past (by the way, I'm a natural 4a)...

The Power Gro shampoo from what I remember was OK; it had a strong jojoba/peppermint scent to it. It's not the most moisturizing shampoo; but it's not overly stripping either.

The Power Gro Intensive Herbal conditioner was HORRIBLE for me! I hated it so much! It was like using a thick hair cream or hair butter as a conditioner; moisturizing, but didn't detangle my hair AT ALL. I would recommend the Power Gro Silk Rinse instead.

The Lavender Moisturizing hair lotion was very nice. My hair was very soft, had no frizz and was easy to comb. However, keep in mind that it DOES have petroleum/mineral oil as an ingredient. Their Power Gro hair grease does as well.

The "Herbal Tame" is basically a packet of herbs and henna. If you're used to henna, then you'll know what to expect. If you're not, then don't expect it to replace a relaxer since it can't really straighten hair (at least it didn't straighten mine).

The Smooth and Silky hair spray was a very sticky and horrible product, according to someone I know who used it. It didn't help her blow drying and pressing much (she's natural).

I found their Headstrong Ultra Care shampoo to be stripping.

Overall, I would say that Gold Metal is a decent hair product line, a bit overpriced IMO, but OK. I grew up using it on and off so I can't really come down too hard on them

Hope this helps!

northernbelle

I have tried the Power Gro products, but I was less than satisfied with the results.

Having said the aforementioned, my mother purchased a baby hair kit from Gold Medal when I was about a year or so, but not yet two. It came in a box with a little lamb on the cover, and contained a shampoo, a hair/scalp conditioner, and a mini pressing comb. That was what enabled my hair to grow.

So, if you are curious, and have the funds, go ahead and order the products in which you are interested.

northernbelle