when are my curls going to pop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vlucious

I was going to say something similar. If you need products to make your hair curly, maybe it's not naturally curly. I'm not saying it isn't, because others here seemed to have experienced the same thing you are. I guess you just need to be patient. When I did the big chop, my hair was curly right off, even though I had a rough patch of what I think was scab hair, which I cut off. From my experience, curly hair is curly regardless of product. Product may make the curls look better or make your hair clump in a different way or reduce frizz. But if you have curly hair, you generally don't have to do anything to make your hair curly. Again, that's my experience. YMMV. I will say this, though, which I know to be very true: length affects curl. Some people have hair that doesn't curl until it reaches a certain length, just because of their particular curl pattern. That could be the situation for you.

i agree, my hair immediately curled up, and there are hair types that do take a while to really curl, and if you said that you think your hair is 4a/3c, then you hair should have a natural curling characteristic, so maybe thats not your hair type? i am a 3c/4a and my hair curled immediately after the relaxed ends were gone, and i understand different folks have different hair, but these traits are common in this particular hair type. maybe you need to reconsider what hair type you think you are, research the hair type and compare.

you might also try to do a protein treatment, or get you hair to balance protein and moisture. i did a egg/mayo/olive oil mix and put it on my hair for about an hour, and moisturized daily, and it helped to make my curls and coils more uniform and less frizzy.

hth

Rapunzel*

i agree, my hair immediately curled up, and there are hair types that do take a while to really curl, and if you said that you think your hair is 4a/3c, then you hair should have a natural curling characteristic, so maybe thats not your hair type? i am a 3c/4a and my hair curled immediately after the relaxed ends were gone, and i understand different folks have different hair, but these traits are common in this particular hair type. maybe you need to reconsider what hair type you think you are, research the hair type and compare.

you might also try to do a protein treatment, or get you hair to balance protein and moisture. i did a egg/mayo/olive oil mix and put it on my hair for about an hour, and moisturized daily, and it helped to make my curls and coils more uniform and less frizzy.

hth
ill try that:yep:i think im seeing progress though there just coming one by one in the back there all here im seeing a lot today and yesterday. i might have a few spots of scab hair or i dont. if 3c/4a isnt my texture im fine with it but i know my nape is 3c because i never really relaxed my nape

LunadeMiel

Your hair may not curl. Or you could have scab hair. Give it a few months of trial and error.

thats what i was going to say too. i get curl definition from breathing, dont really need a product. some make them clump better, but thats just usually water and a gel....thats it.

I was going to say something similar. If you need products to make your hair curly, maybe it's not naturally curly. I'm not saying it isn't, because others here seemed to have experienced the same thing you are. I guess you just need to be patient. When I did the big chop, my hair was curly right off, even though I had a rough patch of what I think was scab hair, which I cut off. From my experience, curly hair is curly regardless of product. Product may make the curls look better or make your hair clump in a different way or reduce frizz. But if you have curly hair, you generally don't have to do anything to make your hair curly. Again, that's my experience. YMMV. I will say this, though, which I know to be very true: length affects curl. Some people have hair that doesn't curl until it reaches a certain length, just because of their particular curl pattern. That could be the situation for you.

Cosigning with these three...

I will say this though...my hair took a good 24hrs before it settled..:look: When I first BCed it was straightish...

OP, Try some Elasta QP H2 leave in moisturizer. I used to use this and it was great for "definning" my curls.

Rapunzel*

Oh well that may explain it then. The reverted hair is not behaving like your true texture so just wait it out and you should see a difference in the new new growth and the reverted hair.
yea i was thinking that ill see some more and ill take pics

Cosigning with these three...

I will say this though...my hair took a good 24hrs before it settled..:look: When I first BCed it was straightish...

OP, Try some Elasta QP H2 leave in moisturizer. I used to use this and it was great for "definning" my curls.
yea that might be it
when i did the bc i had defined curls, that same day i put braids in, and i just took them out but the back my nape area is really curly i cant tell the fronts curl pattern because i have twists in, i just know its fine textured
ill try the elasta qp h2 leave in:yep:
i want to try the mango butter as well