2012 - Christian Random Thoughts Thread

sidney

I remember when you were on my mind day and night. Couldnt wait to talk to you. Wanted to know everything about you. Name dropped you in every conversation. The whole world just seemed like a big distraction from you. I remeber when psalm 1 was my life motto, you prospered me in every way, for years! Then I took my eyes off you, I forgot my first love (Rev 2:4). How I have fallen! I will repent and do all the things I did before. I will obey your precepts, and love you with all my heart and soul. This tree shall be planted near the rivers of water. I will bear fruit in every season because I will plant my tree near the only source that matters.

sidney

Faith is easy when things are going well or falling into place.
Faith is easy when you believe in your abilities.
Faith is easy when you've had a hedge of protection all your life thus far.

But when things are not going well or falling into your place ...
When your abilities do not matter in this particular situation ...
When the hedge of protection is lowered significantly ...

Where's your faith now?

Today, after countless prayers and hesitation, I put my complete trust in Him.
Not 50% .. not 80% ... but complete trust.
There is nothing that will follow that I can claim is from my ability.
All that will follow will be to His glory.
Many are the afflictions of the righteous,but the Lord delivers them out of them all. God knows the ending.

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
April 1

II Peter 1:1

Simon Peter, a bondservant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who have obtained like precious faith with us by the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ. (New King James Version)

This may seem like a strange verse for commentary, but even this is loaded with practical application. Peter introduces himself to his readers and a servant by choice of Jesus Christ. This was mutual choice because Peter responded by choice when he was Christ's choice. Before you start flinging titles around, make sure you're a servant of Christ. Your title is irrelevant if you don't intend to serve God and His people. Then, Peter puts himself on equal ground with the rest of those chosen by faith. We have all been given a right standing with God because of Jesus. Some apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, some pastors and teachers. However, we all fit together like a building for God to inhabit us in the Spirit. It given another context to God "inhabiting" our praise. When we get together to praise God, we fulfill the purpose for which we were created. It creates a special and life changing atmosphere when God descends to attend the praise gathering.

Elder S R Henderson, Pastor
Newness of Life Ministries

PinkPebbles

Where's your faith now?

There is nothing that will follow that I can claim is from my own ability.

loolalooh right on!

I went through a season where I had to stand on Jeremiah 17:7-8. God is faithful.

I applied for a job and it was one requirement that I do not have yet. I applied anyway b/c I knew that I could do the job. I trusted God for His favor. Well, God blessed me with the job!

Loolalooh, whatever you are in need of I pray that God will bless you exceedingly, abundantly, above all that you could ever imagine. I pray that God will cover you with His favor shield. May the Lord remove every hindrance, interference, and all stumbling blocks from the enemy in Jesus name. Amen.

loolalooh

loolalooh right on!

I went through a season where I had to stand on Jeremiah 17:7-8. God is faithful.

I applied for a job and it was one requirement that I do not have yet. I applied anyway b/c I knew that I could do the job. I trusted God for His favor. Well, God blessed me with the job!

Loolalooh, whatever you are in need of I pray that God will bless you exceedingly, abundantly, above all that you could ever imagine. I pray that God will cover you with His favor shield. May the Lord remove every hindrance, interference, and all stumbling blocks from the enemy in Jesus name. Amen.

PinkPebbles:

Thank you so much for sharing that story and Scripture, and for your prayer. Amen. :cry2::)

LoveisYou

Proverbs 23:17-18 - Do not let your heart envy sinners, but always be zealous for the fear of the Lord. There is surely a future hope for you, and your hope will not be cut off.

LoveisYou

I did but it was something that I had already sorta thought about. I often think if I hadn't gone through xyz what would I be. I have allowed it to make me instead of making me better.

I asked because I had just finished watching when she said those words and almost jumped when I saw them in writing lol

Most people don't even recognized that they have used their stories or life experiences as a crutch. It's great she pointed that out.

auparavant

Where's your faith now?

There is nothing that will follow that I can claim is from my own ability.

This!!!!!! Amen, aho! Yeahhhh! Even when you go through the dark of night and can't feel Him there, because He wills it? But you still come out believing, even if you got close to giving up? Something inside...that small spark of life, of G-d's essence...as all life emanates from Him. Oh yessssss, I know this very well! In fact, I'm about to meet up with an entire community who dissed me when the going got rough...and they now see me standing? They had forgotten me but I stood. They talked evil against me but I stood. Now they want to cheer me on because the light is on? They don't know nothing about suffering, I tell you! I've been there, like MLK. Lawd! Praise Jesus!!!!! I have made it! Hallelujah!!! B"H Habba B'Shem "" Yeshua Hamaschiach! Allelujah! Only by His power...ONLY!!! I'm about to jump for joy!!!!! :yay::dance7: Right on time.

loolalooh

This!!!!!! Amen, aho! Yeahhhh! Even when you go through the dark of night and can't feel Him there, because He wills it? But you still come out believing, even if you got close to giving up? Something inside...that small spark of life, of G-d's essence...as all life emanates from Him. Oh yessssss, I know this very well! In fact, I'm about to meet up with an entire community who dissed me when the going got rough...and they now see me standing? They had forgotten me but I stood. They talked evil against me but I stood. Now they want to cheer me on because the light is on? They don't know nothing about suffering, I tell you! I've been there, like MLK. Lawd! Praise Jesus!!!!! I have made it! Hallelujah!!! B"H Habba B'Shem "" Yeshua Hamaschiach! Allelujah! Only by His power...ONLY!!! I'm about to jump for joy!!!!! :yay::dance7: Right on time.

auparavant:

The Lord prevails! :)

smwrigh3

I went to my cousin's wedding this weekend and Let me tell you... I never realized how many "church folk" I have in my family. I have been learning a growing with the lord and I could spot them out like a sore! I felt so uneasy and I would say things like "now that's not very Christ like" but honestly this only brought me closer to the Lord. I have been prepared for this thru this forum and my studies and wow I am just so happy that I know real from fake.

FYI: If someone else says that I have "caught religion" I am going to scream. A person does not CATCH religion they catch a cold! I am answering the call in my season. I am sure this is not the first time he has called me home but this is the first time I am listening and OBEYING!

Pooks

Emotions are so deceitful yo, they got me goin one way one minute, and the other the next. Put no trust in 'feelings'!

auparavant

I feel sorry for an elderly man who is having medical problems. He's so crusty and angry that someone could believe in Jesus and he regularly makes jokes about what he'll do when he dies. So, I suggest to him to live and let live - that if you feel your thoughts are superior, step back, take a long look in the mirror...might be surprised at what you'll find. Also, look at the person you're charging with "ignorant" faith...you might be surprised at what you'll find! They might know more than you think. The problem isn't that SOME people might have messed with scripture, it's what YOU do with the scripture right in front of you. that's on all of us. For those who don't have scripture, it's what's in the individual's heart and G-d only knows those inner depths.

Iwanthealthyhair67

Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. There is one body and one Spirit - just as you were called to one hope when you were called - one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all."

LifeafterLHCF

I asked because I had just finished watching when she said those words and almost jumped when I saw them in writing lol

Most people don't even recognized that they have used their stories or life experiences as a crutch. It's great she pointed that out.

I know I had in recent kept thinking I had. It's like it's time to move I can't be stagnant anymore. I have to live and live as pure and clean as I can. I don't want the baggage anymore. I have moments where it is more comfy but I push through because I'm awesome and I can't allow things to over shadow that.

Laela

From my experience, the elderly (people who are sick AND old; not just "old" because not all 'old' folks are sick) need to be loved and cared for like children, no matter how cantakerous they can get. I feel you, though, for a sure as they are tough to deal with, it's good ground for iron to sharpen iron, knowing that they're communicating their pain in other ways. I always keep the elderly in prayer...pray for that man. We all get old at some point...

I feel sorry for an elderly man who is having medical problems. He's so crusty and angry that someone could believe in Jesus and he regularly makes jokes about what he'll do when he dies. So, I suggest to him to live and let live - that if you feel your thoughts are superior, step back, take a long look in the mirror...might be surprised at what you'll find. Also, look at the person you're charging with "ignorant" faith...you might be surprised at what you'll find! They might know more than you think. The problem isn't that SOME people might have messed with scripture, it's what YOU do with the scripture right in front of you. that's on all of us. For those who don't have scripture, it's what's in the individual's heart and G-d only knows those inner depths.

Honi

There is no board.
I owed a debt I could never pay.

Jesus paid a debt He did not owe and His payment was an overpayment.

Thank you Jesus!

auparavant

From my experience, the elderly (people who are sick AND old; not just "old" because not all 'old' folks are sick) need to be loved and cared for like children, no matter how cantakerous they can get. I feel you, though, for a sure as they are tough to deal with, it's good ground for iron to sharpen iron, knowing that they're communicating their pain in other ways. I always keep the elderly in prayer...pray for that man. We all get old at some point...

No, this man is an atheist and trying to get converts. :yep: Refer to Almaz' thread on "So-called Conscious People and their Issues" :giggle: He's one of those Moors. It's never been my intention to not pray for him. But he's someone who is very angry in life and probably always has been and to flippantly make the charges he does in various aspects...he's rather insulting and in-your-face. I do feel sorry for him but he's over the top in insults and calls Blacks who call themselves "black" ignorant as they should call themselves "American Negroes," even black immigrants from elsewhere. :giggle: And, of course, if you are a christian, then you are misled and stupid. :nono: Not this one.

Last edited:

aribell

formerly nicola.kirwan
Sometimes it seems better to just gloss over a problem because the solution seems to elude you, but I know that is not the way. Praying for wisdom.

Last edited:

Laela

:lol: OK gotcha, auparavant! God's Grace is sufficient... the prayer benefits us as much as it does them. I remember years ago having to deal with a self-described athiest conscious-type we used to jokingly called unconscious ...but that's another story... I'd left him in God's hands. :spinning:

LucieLoo12

Wait:to stay in place in expectation of...

So even though I don't see it, I shall wait. And while I wait, I will serve and seek You. You said the just shall live by faith and not by sight.

SweetSimplicity

Lord, thank you for the peace I feel at this moment as I wait on you.

For the moments that I feel like your taking too long, that you will never answer me, give me more patience and more faith.

I'll remember all the times that you have delivered in the past.

Thank you for seasons like this where I have no choice put to draw closer to you and totally depend on you alone.

smwrigh3

God thank you for this forum. There are some wonderful women here guiding me down a path of rightoeus and grace. I learn every day what it means to be a true woman of God. I yearn to stand by the cross in my daily life. To learn the word of God and share it with others. To be a living testimony so that people can see you thru me and know that You are the mighty and powerful living God!

aribell

formerly nicola.kirwan
Increasingly coming to the place where I can simply say that it is the Lord who has worked and continues to work everything out. His word is true.

"You will not fear the terror of the night, nor the arrow that flies by day, nor the pestilence that stalks in darkness, nor the destruction that wastes at noonday. A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you...Because you have made the Lord your dwelling place--the Most High, who is my refuge--no evil shall be allowed to befall you, no plague come near your tent." --from Psalm 91