Review: World of Curls and Isoplus Styling gel

nijilah

What can I say? I am very pleased with the results.

Let me start out being more specific about my hair texture. I consider myself as a 3C/4A and I am natural. The front and crown of my hair is a wavy almost straight texture and the rest is a combination of 3C/4A. So I am dealing with a lot of hair textures that are different from one other and in the summer, I just have one BIG head of hair! Very few people have hair as thick and big as mine (waiting for the 80's to come back
!).

I transitioned for 2 years and spent the last year trying to make my natural hair act like my former relaxed hair and lately, I have been concentrating on making my hair have those beautiful ringlets that I had up until I was 13 years old.

I have used this world of curls curl activator (The original gel 3 steps in 1) several times and it did not do much for me. I have also used the Isoplus styling gel which does well as far as holding my ends down when there is no humidity.

Routine:
Day 1: I did my typical conditioner wash. After rinsing out the conditioner, I applied the world of curls on my soaking wet hair and I could feel that my hair was starting to lay down. I then wet my boar brush and brushed my hair back into a ponytail. By the time that I got out of the shower, hair was dripping too much. I pinned the bottom of the ponytail under with a bobby pin and tied a scarf arond the top of my head for about an hour. Later, ran errands, walked around campus, and went to class in the humid 85 degrees weather. The waves/defined curls in my hair still looked good! Went home that evening and took out the ponytail holder, hair was still slightly wet and was well moisturized. I shaked my head and the ringlets were too fabulous (boucny and defined)
!!! Hubby loved it! And I must give him credit because he always tells me to stop fighting my curls because they are so pretty -- well, sometimes, when I spend the time on them. But my hair is like a part-time job!

Anyway, I give this product an A+.

Day 2: Wake up in the morning and hair is smushed all over the place. Get in shower and just wet my hair. Applied a little more world of curls (ran out) and then added the Isoplus styling gel. Oh my gosh
! Brushed hair back in the ponytail, applied scarf again, and this time, I did not pin the ponytail under. The ringlets in the ponytail are gorgeous!!! They are well defined. It is 6 hours after the fact, and I am touching them and pulling them to make them show more length - no frizz.

My Mom says that my hair looks cute but I could have got the same effect with blue magic grease and water (yes, that is what I grew up with). But for some reason, I don't like the feeling of grease and the world of curls smoothed very nice with the brush.

World of curls A+

World of curls and Isoplus styling gel A++

WaterMoccasin

I know what you mean! I LOVE this stuff (world of curls)- and I'm out of it now and going crazy without it!
It keeps my hair so moisturized....for SO long!

inthepink

I had been curious about this product for a long time. After reading your post, I went to walgreens.com to read more about it. I didn't realize that it was a 3 in 1 (gel, conditioner, & oil). I wonder if this is why people rave about it. It also said it's for relaxed hair when makes me feel comfortable using it since I'm transitioning. I am definitely going to have to put this on my to-try list.

Where does everyone purchase theirs?

simplycee

Sweetest Taboo
I use Worlds of Curls on my braids and I love it! My braids stay moisturized and I think it will help me retain length when I take them out. While I was in between braids I used it to keep my ends soft while wearing a bun.

I also started using it on my daughter's hair and it keeps her ponytails moisturized throughout the day.

I like the fact that its cheap too. I paid 2.99 for a huge jar!

L

ladybug

Yeah its a staple product i agree..i use it after a CO wash and it is perfect for braidouts and keeps your hair moisturized throughout the entire day...