Haitian Ladies: Jamaican Black Castor Oil is really......

lizjoseph

Haitian Ladies and Ladies who live in Jamaica, Queens: JBCO is really..

So I finally found and bought a 4 oz jar of Jamaican Black Castor oil for $5.99 (Ladies in Queens, I bought it on Jamaica Ave. I think I's called Feel Beauty Supply. If you start from the corner of the movie theather and walk own, basically it's the first beaty supply store you run into. It has a huge bright yellow sign. That's where I found it.) Anyway, I get home and smell it. And then I said "Are you kidding me!!!" My house always has a jar of this! I had it all along, except I know it as somethng else. I don't know how to write Haitian Creole that well, but it's pronounced " Wheel Mas-cre-ti" ! :eek: All my relatives bring a Haitian rum size bottle of this whenever they come. They put it in hair, rub it on them for aches and pains, etc. Sigh. I could have just went into my moms bed room and pulled it out for free!! Oh well.:perplexed Now you ladies know. If you have any Haitian friends, ask them to hook you up. If you are Haitian, girl, just go to your bathroom cabinet or ask a reletive. Someone is bound to have a bottle or two! And if you have neither, then hit up Jamaica Ave. :D

Last edited:

Cocotte

Girl I feel you long time ago I never knew castor oil was l'huille maskerti until I started taking care of my hair. Anyway l'huille maskerti really makes my hair thick and I never have to buy it always got a bottle around:lol:

L'huille maskerti is my magic potion

Gryphyn

I think it's called Huile Masketi, I remember one of the ladies here writing something about it. That's how I found out Jamaican castor oil is good for hair.

Tamrin

unapologetic
It can also be found on Flatbush ave and Caton at this little market area. Look for the lil Haitian Lady who sells all the Haitian products. Bought a nic size bottle from her for 16 dollars. I used to hate the Stuff cause of the burtnt smell. to some Haitians only poor folks used it in their hair when I look back they had the healthiest head of hair. My mom has this horse tail thick hair mind you she is a 3b and thats what she uses as a pre-poo with egg yoke. Sounds Nasty but it works. I have bottles of it and even do an mtg mix with it. I use it on my ends and my hair has gotten thicker. People from the part of Haiti I come from call it Huille Palm Maskreti.

lizjoseph

LOL!! I feel so dumb now.:lol: All ths time I was searching high and low for somehing in my own house...spent money on something I could have gotten for free...sigh, everyday you learn somehing new!:lol:

lizjoseph

Bump for the evening Haitian ladies and their friends.. (The Haitian girls can hook you up with it!! :grin: )

LadyCee

LOL hey guys I just got my JBCO oil today and I am of Haitian descent and I was reading this thread and thought it was realli funny so den I went 2 go smell it 2 see if It was true and it smellls just like Huile Masketi, LOLLLLL tats kinda funnni I mean If i new tht I woulda ask my peepz in ayiti instead of buying it lol...welll at least we know we got some good products under our name heheh

Keen

myztiquecleo said:
LOL hey guys I just got my JBCO oil today and I am of Haitian descent and I was reading this thread and thought it was realli funny so den I went 2 go smell it 2 see if It was true and it smellls just like Huile Masketi, LOLLLLL tats kinda funnni I mean If i new tht I woulda ask my peepz in ayiti instead of buying it lol...welll at least we know we got some good products under our name heheh

Yep, now i know why my hair was so thick when I was young.

Bellavita6

So funny. I didnt realize it was the same thing until I joined LHCF. Now I just ask my mom for some, she thinks its hilarious that I use it on my hair. Back in the day, my mom used this for every aches and pains, for our hair, everything... and I thought she was crazy... turns out she knew what she was talking about.

lovleelilie

Randomly came across this old thread and thought I would bump b/c i was just about to go drop $$ on JMCO when I have Huille Palm Maskreti in my house! It's the Haitian people's "tussin"!!

RedVelvet310

Randomly came across this old thread and thought I would bump b/c i was just about to go drop $$ on JMCO when I have Huille Palm Maskreti in my house! It's the Haitian people's "tussin"!!
I'm confused... Isn't huile PALM masketi Palm Nut Oil... and huile masketi the regular black castor oil ? :perplexed

chebaby

when i mix jbco in my conditioners and pre poo it makes my hair soooooooo thick when i flat iron. i think i may use some on my ends tonight, havent done that in a while.

Coffee

I've been using JBCO mixed with Olive Oil and Almond oil. I got the recipe from a Indian article, said it was a home remedy for hair fall and it also stimulates hair growth and improves hair texture. Mix equal parts of each oil.

Hi ladies!! I

don't mean to hijack this thread- but has anyone seen an improvement in the condition of hair ends when using it consistently?

I feel a trial experiment coming on me...lol

GV-NA-GI-TLV-GE-I

Does anyone know how it's produced? Is it sulphurated for that burnt smell? I'm going to try and find some. I think there's a vendor for it here...somewhere.

beans4reezy

Hi ladies!! I

don't mean to hijack this thread- but has anyone seen an improvement in the condition of hair ends when using it consistently?

I feel a trial experiment coming on me...lol

I haven't used this consistently, but my sister has. She went from Ear length hair to grazing apl in about 9-10 mos!!! When I asked about her reggie, she told me she started DC'ing AND she uses the l'huile masketi (HBCO) as a moisturizer. I was like ahhhhh:wallbash: ! You are supposed to use oil to seal!! But what do I know? Her hair is longer than mine! :perplexed

beans4reezy

And if you are Haitian, living in NY, it is EASY to get this stuff...either get it from your mom or go to a hood in Brooklyn or Queens...you'll find an old Haitian Lady selling it

LABETT

I bought a bottle of Palma Christi Oil and it does not smell or look anything like the JBCO.
The JBCO has a smokey nutty smell and the Palma Christi Oil smell like bacon and is much lighter honey color and not as heavy and greasy as JBCO.
This oil cost me $ 25 bucks a bottle. INFLATION :sad:

Fleurzty

I saw this thread and just started laughing. I so remember being subjected to using this stuff as a kid and I hated it. Now, I wish I could get it around here. Haitian castor oil is so much more absorbing than the ones sold at the store and it penetrates deep into your hair. I started using oil for more than sealing and my hair is actually liking it a lot. I'm so inconsistent though, I'll probably see the next best product and go chasing that. I didn't know this was so mainstream in NY, I'll have to ask my dad to ship me some "l'huile maskretti" ASAP:yep:!

sweetsuccess

so as im reading this thread.. i decided to call my mom (who is in chicago)... to see if she may have any in stock lol.... and the woman said "are you okay? what do you want it for??" like its something so precious to her that she doesnt want to let go of.. and i hesistated to tell her i want it for my hair because she would probably think i was crazy and i said "i want it for if i get sick again" (because i just came down from a verrrry bad cold) and she was like "wait til march when i see you in florida".............. uuuuuuuuuughhhhh!! lol.

sweetsuccess

p.s.
nous tout haitien??!

hiii ladies! i just realized this may be a thread full of haitian girls.... its nice to see us together talking about something we're all so familiar with...

well i just wanted to check in and say HI ALL!!!! happy hair growing!!

LABETT

I saw this thread and just started laughing. I so remember being subjected to using this stuff as a kid and I hated it. Now, I wish I could get it around here. Haitian castor oil is so much more absorbing than the ones sold at the store and it penetrates deep into your hair. I started using oil for more than sealing and my hair is actually liking it a lot. I'm so inconsistent though, I'll probably see the next best product and go chasing that. I didn't know this was so mainstream in NY, I'll have to ask my dad to ship me some "l'huile maskretti" ASAP:yep:!
You are so right this oil does absorb more in my hair than JBCO and reg castor oil.
The guy I bought the oil from told me I would notice a difference in my hair within a couple of weeks and I just laughed at him.
I will buy 2 bottles when I see him again.

beans4reezy

so as im reading this thread.. i decided to call my mom (who is in chicago)... to see if she may have any in stock lol.... and the woman said "are you okay? what do you want it for??" like its something so precious to her that she doesnt want to let go of..

LOL!!! Girl, I KNOW THAT'S RIGHT! I wouldn't even bother to ask my grandmother to spare any of hers! She aint sharing. She'd tell me to hit Church Ave (in Brooklyn) to get some and pick some more up for her while I am down there. The Haitian granmouns DO NOT part with that stuff:nono:...Its liquid Haitian Gold

p.s.
nous tout haitien??!

hiii ladies! i just realized this may be a thread full of haitian girls.... its nice to see us together talking about something we're all so familiar with...

well i just wanted to check in and say HI ALL!!!! happy hair growing!!

hey cheri!!!! happy hair growing to you as well!!