which OILS penetrate the hair shaft?

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

After trying tons of oils, which are NOW your favorites?

which OILS penetrate the hair shaft?
**do they penentrate equally on DRY HAIR, ** DIRTY HAIR?
vs. **freshly washed hair?

for those that use castor oil on the length of the hair,
how does castor oil AFFECT the hair strand?

Last edited:

Myjourney2009

Ready to be APL
In this order from the most to the least

Coconut
Olive Oil
Avocado
Meadowfoam seed

If you have silicone,polyquats or other product buildup on the hair they will not be able to make it through.

I apply evco on my hair prior to washing and let it sit for a min of 20 min. I have noticed in the once I wet my hair it feels really soft and conditioned. I have also noticed that my hair does not get as tangled eithier.(During the week I have flatironed my hair I try not to apply any silicone products on my hair 2 days prior to washings)

Sometimes after washing I allow my hair to dry just a bit and then I apply some Avocado oil. It leaves my hair soft for days. I only apply a moisturizer because I want to not because I need to .

The oils should not be expired in order to do their job

Ladyleobeauty

Coconut oil works great, but not just any coconut oil. Organic unrefined Coconut Oil is one of the best oils to penetrate the hair shaft. Organic castor oil is also another oil that is great for hair. I use these oils on my clients and the results are great!

Stop wasting your money in the beauty supply stores on pretty labels that contain 90% glycerin and 10% product.

You can read about more hair care tips for natural hair and hair weave styles at my website. http://www.Ladyleobeauty.com

yardyspice

I've tried them all because I've been lurking on this site for a while. Coconut oil just dries my hair out is all hype (for me), emu oil is way too expensive and doesn't really do much, castor oil is only for mixing or ends, jojoba is a joke, and olive oil should be left in the kitchen. The only oils that work for my hair are mustard and peach kernel oil. The mustard softens my hair like a conditioner. The peach kernel is a great pre-poo or oil rinser and it also softens my hair. I won't waste my money on anything else.

prettynatural

Think, Do, Be
coconut and olive oil does the best for pre poo and oil rinising. Sealing, grapeseed or almond oil or coconut or olive oil. I like the versatility of these oils.

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

:yep:
I've tried them all because I've been lurking on this site for a while. Coconut oil just dries my hair out is all hype (for me), emu oil is way too expensive and doesn't really do much, castor oil is only for mixing or ends, jojoba is a joke, and olive oil should be left in the kitchen. The only oils that work for my hair are mustard and peach kernel oil. The mustard softens my hair like a conditioner. The peach kernel is a great pre-poo or oil rinser and it also softens my hair. I won't waste my money on anything else.
:lachen::lachen:................ well i must try this mustard oil

Softerlove

I really wanted coconut to work for me, but as a sealant it broke my hair. It is cold here & I universtand that it freezes when its cold. Right now jojoba and olive oil are working.
Mustard sounds interesting though....must try. PJ...

Sent from my Mytouch 4 G using Long Hair Care Forum App

StarScream35

I do Olive Oil and Grapeseed oil only. I'm still trying to work with Jamaican Black Castor Oil. It's like an uphill battle.

I meant to say Coconut Oil and Grapeseed Oil. Not sure where I got Olive Oil!

Last edited: