∞°∞°2012 Baggy Challenge!!!∞°∞°

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
I've been lazy lately. Still been GHE'ing every night, but my poor hair hasn't seen a spray, butter, oil or moisturizer in about a week. Been super lazy. All I do is put on my bags and go to bed. :nono:

MaraWithLove

Last night I baggied w/my ayurvedic paste. It was very moisturizing! Before applying the paste I spritzed my hair with water, baggied and worked out. I will GHE tonight, as usual, with castor-hemp mix. ^.^

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
tiffers - I was doing the same, just a bag, pure laziness.

I baggied last night by doing an overnight DC with SD Vanilla Cream Moisture Dream DC, does that count?

nubiennze

Last night's GHE was (mostly) a success. :yay: This morning my hair had the buttery soft feeling I'd hoped for immediately after moisturizing...except for the nape and sides. My main problem areas. However, I attribute this to the fact that those areas are shortest; the scarf kept sliding back and exposing them. I imagine once my hair is long enough to braid the scarf will have a bit more to hang on to.

The process itself was a lot better than I expected, though. I thought my sleep would be interrupted--I can't sleep at all if any part of me is too hot--but it was actually rather comfy.

About to re-moisturize & baggy with my spritz + argan oil + SM CES. As soon as I use up the spritz I think I'll be giving Chicoro's formula a trial run to see how my hair reacts to the high proportion of aloe. I'm still a bit too dry, too soon for my liking.

ChasingBliss

Ghe'd last night...woke up this morning...rinsed that faint damp smell out of my head in the shower...moisturized, bunned...all is well in GHE land...Tonight sulfur treatment....get the sulfur pillows out. Thinking about chucking the baggies for saran wrap...

lovestarr

Hi! I had great results from this challenge last year and my hair braider raves about how soft my hair is!!:yep: I have yarn braids now but they will be coming out in 3 weeks and I'll be back to doing the GHE.

I will be doing this 3-4 times/week and alternating products: JBCO, EVOO, jojoba, and grapeseed oil

nubiennze

nubiennze Yippeeeee! :superbanana: So baggying is a go?

tiffers It is for now. I didn't last night since the SM was sooooo heavy and sticky. :nono: (Last night was my first time trying it, and I definitely used too much.) I'll cowash tonight and try it again on clean hair before I decide to chuck it.

I don't blame baggying for that, though. :lol:

yodie

I baggied yesterday during my workout and halfway through the night. My hair was so soft this morning. I think this is a keeper for me.

MaraWithLove

I have a question: Has anyone ever experienced little red bumps near the hairline after ghe/baggying? I'm wondering what's going on as I've broken out around the hairline and upper forehead. When searching for causes, I found this: "Red bumps around the hairline are often the result of excess oils produced by the scalp."

So...I'm wondering if my scalp is producing too much oil, if I was heavy on the oil this week (not heavier than usual) OR if it's a reaction to the hibiscus rinse I did??

If anyone can chime in, please do!

Gonna cross-post to the HOTs thread.

MaraWithLove

I'm laying off the ghe-ing and baggying for now. Only because either something I used or baggying too much has made me breakout around the hairline and made my forehead rubbery. It may just be a reaction to hibiscus bc that's the only new thing I used recently...Idk yet. Once my skin clears, I'll be back to baggying/ghe. :yep:

tiffers

MaraWithLove I've never experienced that. :( Sometimes I get a pimple or two at my hairline, but not a bunch of red bumps. I wonder if it's a slight allergic reaction to the hibiscus. :confused:
Let us know if it goes away without baggying! I hope they go away soon. Bumps suck buttholes.

MaraWithLove

Thanks tiffers! Yeah, I have no idea what it is so I'm just playing it safe for now. I probably will still baggy a bit, just not overnight and not close to my hairline. :yep: Will update either way. :)

Aggie

GHE'ing tonight with BB Oil Moisturizer sealed in jbco and blue magic grease. That's right, youhear me, grease. I have not yet bought my crisco or african shea butter so grease is what i will be using until...:grin:

nubiennze

I've been getting hairline and scalp breakouts after implementing GHE this week, which indicates to me that there's way too much oil/buildup and not enough water/cleansing. My hair is too short to put anything on it without getting a healthy portion of it on my scalp, so for that and other reasons I'm increasing the frequency of rinsing (likely daily) and cowashing (at least 2x/week, maybe three or more) and pulling back on the baggying for the time being.

I still want and plan to employ GHE as I enjoyed the softness it gave me at the beginning of the week, but I definitely won't be doing it constantly, at least not at this length. I may do it overnight on wash days with no additional product for starters and gradually add more days as needed, but I don't think I'll be doing it during the day/under wigs anymore. Sucks because I was really looking forward to having my ends and edges protected from all the wig paraphernalia, lol.

Aggie

I have Chicoro's prepoo on my hair right now and will be mildly clarifying my hair, black tea rinsing under Mizani Renew Strength Mask followed by Mizani Moisturfusion Conditioner for deep conditioning today. This will be my first time trying out the Mizani Moisturfusion conditioner and can't wait to use it.

I may massage my scalp with my sulfur mix and GHE baggy my hair overnight with JBCO tonight as well as I haven't done it for 2 days. I :love: scalp massages.

HighAspirations

I'll be bagging 7 days a week. My concoction (mad scientist laugh) will be olive oil and grapeseed oil! I'll be doing mine a little differently. I'll spray it over my bantu knots and then wrap my head in saran wrap....I'll let everyone know how comfortable this is...

nubiennze

So after I DC'ed this morning I did my LOC with waaaaaay less product + sunflower oil for the oil phase. I didn't wear anything under my wig at all so my scalp would (sort of) get a chance to breathe.

While my scalp feels a lot better, I am a bit crunchy at this point. *sigh* I'll be GHE'ing with no add'l product to see how it feels in the morning.

I'm beginning to suspect this is a product issue...I'm contemplating chucking the rest of my spritz (and quite possibly the SM...I know my hair isn't particularly fond of shea butter and/or coconut oil so I'm not sure why I bought it in the first place) and taking the plunge on Chicoro's recipe.

tallnomad

I finally have officially begun. Been baggying 24-7 for 4 days now. I am using Hairobics products on my scalp as well as the length of my hair. I then seal in the products with Macadamia nut oil. I plan on getting some Crisco soon so I can try the LOC method.

I have been wearing a wig and only taking off the baggy for an hour or so just to let my hair breathe.

Is it okay to baggy 24-7? Has anyone had any problems doing so? Or, is it best just to do it at night.

I am natural with very thick dry hair, so I'm thinking 24-7 is okay for me????

tiffers

MaraWithLove How's it going with the bumps? Have they gone away since you stopped baggying?

Aggie How did the grease work out for you? better than oils and butters?

nubiennze Aw man, you got the bumps too? :sad:

HighAspirations Sleeping in bantu knots is sooooo hard for me! How'd it work out for you?

tallnomad I'd say try out this routine for a week or two and see if there are any adverse affects. There was a time when I was baggying almost all day every day and it didn't hurt anything. I'm natural with chronically dry hair too. :yep:

HighAspirations

I try to put them in a little looser, and if they feel tight i loosen them up while i'm laying down, also try to keep them loose around your edges!

HighAspirations

MaraWithLove How's it going with the bumps? Have they gone away since you stopped baggying?

Aggie How did the grease work out for you? better than oils and butters?

nubiennze Aw man, you got the bumps too? :sad:

HighAspirations Sleeping in bantu knots is sooooo hard for me! How'd it work out for you?

tallnomad I'd say try out this routine for a week or two and see if there are any adverse affects. There was a time when I was baggying almost all day every day and it didn't hurt anything. I'm natural with chronically dry hair too. :yep:

I replied haha it should be above this post, still trying to figure out how to use this site

Shay72

Natural, 4A
GHE last night with aloe vera juice mix, cocasta oil, and Oyin's Hair Dew. Tonight will GHE with Claudie's braid spray, cocasta oil, and SM Yucca & Aloe.