∞°∞°2012 Baggy Challenge!!!∞°∞°

Aggie

Just did my sulfur/jbco scalp masssage, moisturized with BB Oil Moisturizer and sealed my ends with jbco - will be baggying on top of this.

BlkOnyx488

Check in, still bagging I have begun double bagging because it makes my head produce more heat. I think I have gotten about an inch of growth this month! I will not know for sure until I take my braids down in Feb

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Sprayed with Chicoro's Leave-In (I'm really adoring this mixture) sealed with Pura Brazil Loc Oil and topped it with Pura Murumuru Lotion.

Since incorporating Chicoro's Leave-In, my hair has been drying so soft. It doesn't feel too hot while wet, but once it dries? Soft City, population: my fro. :lol:

Between this and the LOC method, my hair has never been happier. Yay! :woot:

Last edited:

BlkOnyx488

tiffers
I started taking Nioxin Jan 4th
I use Sulphur and Castor Oil in my nightly hair spray
I baggy every night
I DC weekly

I know I started the year with almost 9 inches of hair. The other day I measured a section of hair in the back and it was 10 inches:yep:

@BlkOnyx488 An inch and the month isn't even over?! That's GREAT! Are you using any growth aids or anything?

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
1/23 - GHE with JBCO/KBB
1/24 - Nekkid GHE! I was too lazy to do anything, so just but on the caps, and doo-rag.

ChasingBliss

I'm in, I want to do the GHE every night now :lol: I already do it with the 3 nights per week I do my sulfur treatment... (Which will be 4 next month). The other nights will be my light water spray and JBCO/HEMP, etc mix...i forget the rest... and sometimes just light water spritzing. I'll detail it later.

tiffers

Sprayed with Chicoro's leave-in, sealed with a mix of sapote, sesame and castor oils, then topped it off with Kyra's Ultimate Cupuacu Curl Cream. :grin:

DaiseeDay

I think I missed where GHE was explained, can someone explain or link me?

From what I gather you just use oils and water, then saran wrap? Or is it just water for a while, then move to oils?

nubiennze

I don't usually do too well with challenges :look: but I really like the sound of this one.

I'll have to conduct some trials this coming wash day before I commit to a specific baggying regimen. I have some ideas, so by Sunday or so I should be able to come back and hammer out some details.

tiffers

DaiseeDay To GHE, all you need to do is wet your hair and then seal it with oil. You can also use a moisturizer, I do sometimes.

As long as you have multiple layers, you're good. I've tried:

- two shower caps topped with saran wrap, topped with my bonnet.

- three shower caps topped with my bonnet

I prefer layering multiple shower caps because it's easier than saran wrap. I also can't get multiple uses out of saran wrap and feel guilty due to the waste. But everyone is different and some actually prefer using saran wrap. Whatever traps heat the best for YOU. :)

nubiennze Yay! :pepper: I hope your trials work out and give you the results you're looking for. :grin:

Zaz

Hey ladies :wave: I've been lurking in this thread and baggying/ GHEing nightly for about a week now, I really like how soft and moisturised my hair feels :grin:

I was using a cheap flimsy shower cap topped with my bonnet but when I wear a bun, the cap would get stretched too much to cover my whole head. I went to the store for a large vinyl one and found something the GHE users might like: it's a terry lined shower cap: http://www.google.com/m/products?source=mog&hl=en&gl=us&q=terry lined shower cap&sa=N

I got it at walmart for about $2-3 cuz it was the only type left. I was a bit annoyed at 1st and was going to leave it but realised if I wear it inside out, I could have the vinyl part against my hair and the terry part creates an extra layer of insulation and traps in more heat. And it doesn't feel bulky or uncomfortable.

Thanks tiffers for starting this challenge :grin:

Last edited:

indarican

tiffers Whats the deal with this LOC method, im intrigued... I always thought that anything put over oil was just a waste since oil blocks things from getting through to the hair shaft? what is the creme after the oil doing for you, does your hair feel more moisturized, does it make you hair feel coated? how are you doing with build up...
sorry for all the questions.

tiffers

Zaz Thanks for that link! For three bucks, I'll definitely scour Walmart and see if I can find one (or three :sekret: ) :lol:

indarican I always thought the same thing. It's basically ingrained in us to use oil as the last step. But doing it this way, for some crazy reason, works so much better!

I have no clue what the cream after the oil does... my best theory is that since it's thick, it keeps the water in while also letting nutrients from the natural oils nutritionalize ( yeah, I made that up :lol: ) and improve your hair. Alls I know is that my hair is more moisturized and happeh nowadays. :grin:

I'm not really getting any more build-up than I usually would with traditional moisturize-seal. :)

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Spraying hair with aloe vera juice & enso serum mix, sealing with vatika frosting, and moisturizing with Shea Moisture Yucca & Aloe Milk.

Zaz

Trying the loc method. Just spritzed with my water/avg mix, oiled with this mistery oil that was under my sink, then used Curls milkshake as my cream. Put on my shower cap and covered with a satin bonnet.

ChasingBliss

Did my ghe last night...just did a spritz with my water mixture, I had enough oils on it from the morning. put the baggy on, scarf, then one of my winter scull cap hats (which came off over night :lol:) My hair was nice and soft. I didnt rinse out since it wasnt a sulfur treatment night. One little draw back...there is a slight damp smell that lingers. I put a little creamy leave in to mask it a little hoping it would disappear before I left the house. It didnt. So from now on, I will just do a mild rinse in the shower on those mornings and pat dry. Other than that...so far so good.

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
I want to join!! I did my first ghe earlier in the week before I saw this post and OMG, my hair was amazing and the shine was out of this world! At first I thought I did something wrong because when I woke up my hair was very damp, I had only put a tiny little bit of moisturizer and oil on the night before (no water). My head sweat like crazy so this is perfect for me. The only thing is, It's addictive, I want to do it every night now. I'll be bagging 3-5 days a week with QBAOHC and Avocado Oil and cover with plastic shower cap and satin wrap...sealed shut. I never where my hair out anymore so I don't mind the dampness however, it does dry very quickly.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
GHE'd last night. Sprayed with a aloe vera juice & cocasta oil mix, sealed with cocasta, and ended with SM's Yucca & Aloe Milk. Plastic cap then topped that with my bonnet that is lined with plastic.

Platinum

Baggied last night with no additional product. Still had a lot of coconut and black castor oil on my ends from the previous night.:yep:

Shay72

Natural, 4A
GHE'd last night. Sprayed with Claudie's braid spray, sealed with cocasta, and ended with Oyin's Hair Dew. Plastic cap topped with bonnet.

MsAminta

Is it too late for me to join? Pretty please?? :) I usually allow my hair to steam and get damp while I take a shower, then put my plastic cap on, followed by a stocking cap. Please let me know if I can join the challenge. Thanks! :D

nubiennze

So I left my DC on for 24 hours after sitting under the heat cap yesterday--primarily out of laziness :look:--and when I took that plastic cap off today there was nary a trace of white. My hair drank it all...and I tend to be pretty heavy handed...

I was terrified of over-moisturizing, but it appears my hair really needs this. Prepping my "L" for the LOC method and getting ready to re-baggy as we speak.

ETA: Hair is dry with product (homemade ayurvedic spritz + KBB Hair Butter + KBB Hair Milk) now, and...so far so good. Softer than it has been recently, but not mind-blowing as I'd hoped. I never have been a huge fan of the hair butter though. Just trying to use up stuff in my stash.

I decided to give both my hair and myself a little break from the rustling plastic :lol:, so I'm waiting until tonight before bed to GHE.

Last edited: