Gray Hair, Gray on Ends But Normal Color Toward Roots

FlowerHair

Reclaiming my time
I think sometimes when your hairs are turning gray, some of them can get color back for a while before turning completely gray.
Don't worry, when you're my age there will be grays all over :grin: from root to tip!

sonce

A few months ago, I found a hair like this on my 17 year old sister's head. It was a serious oddity to me because the first two inches (near the root) were black while the last four or so inches were silver. I guess it's normal.

Suerte

My hair has been doing this since I was born.

I have no idea why.

I know it happens to a lot of people though.

RZILYNT

I would say it is normal. I find that my hair grows out dark brown and then turns gray. Once you lose all of the pigment to the hair then it will grow out gray.

RZ~

charmingt

It could be that your nutrition is so good that your once gray hair is coming back into its natural color. Sometimes certain mineral and vitamins can help prevent premature graying. I have noticed when I am diligent about taking my minerals and B-vitamins and such my hair does fine. however when I get a spell of neglecting my nutrion (like drinking too much coffee and not getting enough rest) I get a few gray hairs. It does take time to notice but if you check back in time in your life where maybe things were more stressful and/or you were neglecting your health and nutrition it can show up on your hair.:yawn:

Isis

It could be that your nutrition is so good that your once gray hair is coming back into its natural color. Sometimes certain mineral and vitamins can help prevent premature graying. I have noticed when I am diligent about taking my minerals and B-vitamins and such my hair does fine. however when I get a spell of neglecting my nutrion (like drinking too much coffee and not getting enough rest) I get a few gray hairs. It does take time to notice but if you check back in time in your life where maybe things were more stressful and/or you were neglecting your health and nutrition it can show up on your hair.:yawn:
I was going to say something like this too. Certain health gurus like Gary Null, for example, claim to be able to restore their natural hair color with nutrition (especially vegetables high in chlorophyll) and in doing so, the new growth comes in with the original color, leaving gray on the ends.

Suerte

I was going to say something like this too. Certain health gurus like Gary Null, for example, claim to be able to restore their natural hair color with nutrition (especially vegetables high in chlorophyll) and in doing so, the new growth comes in with the original color, leaving gray on the ends.

Maybe eating Wendy's almost daily increased my iron levels????

:lachen:

charmingt

Well, actually there are certain nutrients like copper, zinc and certain B-vitamins like pantothenic acid and I believe B-6 that can restore hair color if taken consistently.