CourtneyNaturalHair "The Mane Choice" Products

so1913

Has anyone here used these products yet? This is another internet sensation who has grown her natural hair to long lengths and started her own product line recently. I actually have both products, but have been too lazy to set time aside to do a deep conditioning to try them out smh... (I want to use the butter and the deep treatment together). I have seen reviews (mostly positive) but haven't seen the line mentioned here. Maybe I will get to it this weekend, but wanted to see if there was any feedback to be given here.

http://themanechoice.com/

Green Tea & Carrot Deep Conditioning Mask™

This deep conditioning treatment is a healthy hair essential. Designed to penetrate the hair shaft like you’ve never seen before. Enriched with biotin, green tea, and carrot oil this product will immediately begin to repair damage and restore dried out strands. It doesn’t take much of this concentrated conditioner to rescue and restore your mane. This product has been specially formulated to promote growth and retention, and to fight shedding and breakage, and to ultimately give you the healthy luscious hair you have always dreamed of.
Details & Benefits

Deep conditioning is the most important step of a healthy hair regimen that most people neglect. Yet, it is necessary to grow and retain healthy hair. It doesn’t matter if your hair is natural, relaxed or tucked away under artificial hair; our Green Tea & Carrot Deep Conditioning Mask™ is a healthy hair essential that is just right for you.

The organic ingredients of this deep conditioning mask deeply penetrates that hair shaft and forms a protective layer over the cortex which seals in moisture while supplying nutrients.

Enriched with biotin, green tea, and carrot oil this mask will immediately begin to repair and protect your hair from heat and daily environmental damages. With dedicated usages you will begin to see your hair transition into its healthiest state. It doesn’t take much of this concentrated conditioner to rescue and restore your mane.

Specially formulated to:

–Repair Damage
–Promote Growth & Retention
–Moisturize & Nourish
–Fight Shedding & Breakage
–Enhance Shine & Luster
–Soften & Protect
Usage

Shake well. Apply a moderate amount to hair from root to ends and distribute evenly. Always cover your hair with a plastic cap for 45 minutes, or 15 minutes under a warm hooded hair dryer. Rinse thoroughly.

Recommended to be used every 2 weeks depending on the condition of your hair.
Ingredients

Aloe Barbadensis (Organic Aloe) Juice, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Oil, Biotin, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Oil, Avocado Oil, Brassica Oleracea Italica (Broccoli) Seed Oil, Carrot Seed Oil, Honey Extract, Silk Amino Acid, Green Tea Extract, Stearalkonium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, dl-Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B5), Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut RBD) Oil, Vegetable Glycerin, Limmnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Oil (Refined). Essential Oil: Grapefruit, Lavender.

Doesn’t Get Much BUTTER Than This™

Are you tired of applying oils day after day and your hair is still dry and brittle? If your hair lacks life and shine, then this product is for you. Our daily hair dressing adds shine and luster like you’ve never seen before! This daily hair dressing has the ability to penetrate the hair shaft while leaving your hair feeling soft and rejuvenated. This miracle in a jar moisturizes, conditions, and strengthens your hair all at the same time.
Details & Benefits

Enriched with Mango Butter, Avocado Butter & Shea Butter our hair dressing forms a protective layer over the hair shaft without leaving your hair weighed down and greasy. So powerful, just a small amount is needed to restore your mane.

Specially formulated to:

–Promote Growth & Retention
–Moisturize & Nourish
–Fight Shedding & Breakage
–Enhance Shine & Luster
–Soften & Protect
Usage

Apply a small to moderate amount from root to ends daily.
Ingredients

Butyrospermun Parkii (Shea) Butter, Mango Butter, Persea Americana (Avocado) Butter, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Vegetable Glycerin, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Daucus Carota (Carrot) Butter, Brassica Oleracea Italica (Broccoli) Butter, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower). Essential Oil: Grapefruit, Orange.

Here is the creator's personal Youtube and facebook pages:

https://www.youtube.com/user/CourtneyNaturalHair
https://www.facebook.com/pages/CourtneyNaturalHair/116113825154845

Last edited:

JulietWhiskey

Darkside of the moon
@so1913

No, I haven't used or even heard of this vendor but I must say that the ingredients for the Hair Mask are VERY similar to the Essential Wholesale Hair Masque base, which I do own, use and love very much. It moisturizes, strengthens and detangles my hair like a champ! Here is the ingredients list for the Essential Wholesale Hair Masque base:

Aloe barbadensis (Organic Aloe) Juice, Cetearyl Alcohol, PEG 40 Castor Oil, Stearalkonium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, dl-Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B5), Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Cocos nucifera (Coconut RBD) Oil, Vegetable Glycerin, Limmnanthes alba (Meadowfoam) Oil (Refined), (May contain sodium bicarbonate and/or citric acid as pH adjusters).

Their website is essentialwholesale.com

The manechoice's Hair Mask ingredients for comparison:

Aloe Barbadensis (Organic Aloe) Juice, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Oil, Biotin, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Oil, Avocado Oil, Brassica Oleracea Italica (Broccoli) Seed Oil, Carrot Seed Oil, Honey Extract, Silk Amino Acid, Green Tea Extract, Stearalkonium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, dl-Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B5), Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut RBD) Oil, Vegetable Glycerin, Limmnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Oil (Refined). Essential Oil: Grapefruit, Lavender.

It would appear thar manechoice added some things to the base.

Last edited:

Guinan

Re-Branding
I haven't tried this product line. The ingredients look great. Please let us know how the products worked out, op. how much were the products?

so1913

JulietWhiskey you have me eyeing that site now lol...

Hijacking my own thread lol, anything else you use from there? Are you adding to the bases or just using as is?

gorgeoushair

I've heard of her and have been to her website. I think I follow her on instagram. I was interested in her products until I saw those prices. Like for real, I hate when people who make their own products and then have the nerve to use bases and charge some high jacked up prices. I hate it.

rririla

@so1913 @JulietWhiskey

IDK about her products....but that essentialwholesale.com has me very interested....I am beyond tired of paying $20 bucks for 8 0zs of product!!!! (or something similar to that)

If these wholesale products work just as well, I may be set for life!!!! The ingredients look great, and $22.00 for a gallon seems fair to me! Shoot I have myself and a lil girl to be conditioning on a regular basis...I don't have the time or the money to be wasting on 8 oz jars that I am only getting 2 uses out of....:ohwell:

on another note...the hair mask and the regular conditioners @ the essentialwholesale.com site look sooooo yummy:lick: Thanx for the link @JulietWhiskey

Last edited:

leona2025

@so1913 @JulietWhiskey

IDK about her products....but that essentialwholesale.com has me very interested....I am beyond tired of paying $20 bucks for 8 0zs of product!!!! (or something similar to that)

If these wholesale products work just as well, I may be set for life!!!! The ingredients look great, and $22.00 for a gallon seems fair to me! Shoot I have myself and a lil girl to be conditioning on a regular basis...I don't have the time or the money to be wasting on 8 oz jars that I am only getting 2 uses out of....:ohwell:

on another note...the hair mask and the regular conditioners @ the essentialwholesale.com site look sooooo yummy:lick: Thanx for the link @JulietWhiskey

Also, probably none of my business, but I do believe she is an RN with a masters degree....married to a DOCTOR!!!...not judging her or anything, but I have to say, that I doubt she's suffering. I understand that production costs and packaging and promotion all eat up a lot of funds, but to try and market these products to people who may or may NOT have the money to blow on them is a bit shady to me....plus, she's straight out the gate with those high prices...There are women on here who have started product lines, with very reasonable pricing AND the results to warrant spending the money for them (and NOT married to DOCTORS)...sorry but it's how I feel...(not hating on her and her husbands success, but I wish that people would be a little more conscientious when marketing to their own people and not try to take advantage).

Her products are pricy, but if that's what she feels her products are worth her prerogative. No one has to buy them because as you said she's not hurting for money. I don't know what her being a nurse and married to a doctor has to do with her product.

I didn't look to deep at the website, but I would assume she is marketing them towards people who want healthy hair and that can be anyone. Also from what I've seen on this board, lots of handmade products are made from conditioner bases.

@so1913 @JulietWhiskey

Also, probably none of my business, but I do believe she is an RN with a masters degree....married to a DOCTOR!!!...not judging her or anything, but I have to say, that I doubt she's suffering. I understand that production costs and packaging and promotion all eat up a lot of funds, but to try and market these products to people who may or may NOT have the money to blow on them is a bit shady to me....plus, she's straight out the gate with those high prices...There are women on here who have started product lines, with very reasonable pricing AND the results to warrant spending the money for them (and NOT married to DOCTORS)...sorry but it's how I feel...(not hating on her and her husbands success, but I wish that people would be a little more conscientious when marketing to their own people and not try to take advantage).

Are you serious? If so, you sound really ignorant. Some things are best kept to yourself. Her personal life, bank account, and husband's occupation have nothing to do with her product sales.

rririla

Are you serious? If so, you sound really ignorant. Some things are best kept to yourself. Her personal life, bank account, and husband's occupation have nothing to do with her product sales.

@LeopardLover

You are right some things are better left unsaid! I do not know her personally, and it may not have been appropriate to include their occupations! Yet I still feel that way too many products marketed to us, by us, are priced a lil too high! Also, I understand that I do not have to purchase them, but in all honesty I prefer the products, to chemical laden ones!

Did not mean to come off as offensive or ignorant! I simply stated how I felt. You and many others may not agree with my opinion or anyone else's yet they are simply that... Opinions!

Again. Sorry if I offended you or anyone else! I certainly never meant to.

EnExitStageLeft

I actually have the base from her DC in my stash, I have to try it out.

I wish her much success, but I most likely won't be purchasing. Mainly because her prices are kind of high for something that involves a wholesale conditioner base. If the price point was between $7-$12 I may have went for it.

so1913

I actually have the base from her DC in my stash, I have to try it out.

I wish her much success, but I most likely won't be purchasing. Mainly because her prices are kind of high for something that involves a wholesale conditioner base. If the price point was between $7-$12 I may have went for it.

EnExitStageLeft You have the base from Essential Wholesale that JulietWhiskey is speaking of or from another company?

Last edited:

JulietWhiskey

Darkside of the moon
@JulietWhiskey you have me eyeing that site now lol...

Hijacking my own thread lol, anything else you use from there? Are you adding to the bases or just using as is?

so1913

Sorry it's taken me a minute to reply; I've just returned from a 10 day staycation, :lachen:!

To answer your question, I use and LOVE Essential Wholesale's Hair Masque! It moisturizes, strengthens with a mild protein and detangles (it has a pH of 4.5 or 5, I believe). And yes, I do add some things to my base, namely EVOO, EVCO, and glycerin.

I've also used Essential Wholesale's Detangler (which is good), but truth be told, AVG or AVJ detangles my hair just as well. And the Hair Masque is so detangling, that I don't need a seperate detangler on its own.

For the price of the product and the fantastic results, I would recommend you purchase the Essential Wholesale base and add whatever you need and want to it. Texas Natural Supply also has a fantastic natural base with super yummy ingredients, no 'cones, silk amino acids and is an awesome detangler. The one thing it doesn't have is Steralkronuim (sp) Chloride which can help the deep conditioner penetrate the hair shaft. And it takes FOREVER to get products from Texas Natural Supply! So this is something to consider. Here are the ingredients for the Texas Natural Supply Base Conditioner:

Botanical/INCI/Ingredients: Water, Aloe Vera Whole Leaf Juice, Shea, Natural Emulsifying Wax, Palm Stearic Acid, Safflower Oil, Vegetable Glycerin, Silk Protein, Hydrolyzed Oat Protein, dl-Panthenol, Wheat Germ Oil, Avocado Oil, Silver Dihydrogen Citrate, Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate No synthetics or colorants added. No GMO's. pH: 4.7

HTH and if you get the bases from either Essential Wholesale or Texas Natural Supply, please let us know the results!

HHG!

JulietWhiskey

Darkside of the moon
@so1913 @JulietWhiskey

@rririla

You're welcome and check out Texas Natural Supply's base Conditioner, too!

http://www.texasnaturalsupply.com/Creme-Conditioner-Base-p/crcb-bs.htm

I've used both and honestly, it's like trying to choose between an attorney and a surgeon that both adore you and treat you well, :lachen:! They are that good! And I FEEL you on the cost comparison! IMHO, bases are the only way to go when you want quality products on a budget! Spending $20 on an 8oz jar??? Ain'tnobodygottimefordat and girl, bye!

HTH and HHG for you and your baby! If you buy them, report back on the results!

EnExitStageLeft

:(....Y'all gone make me use this base tonight :lachen:. You guys make it sound like heaven in a jug (I have half a gallon :perplexed).

JudithO

I'm buying that Essential Wholesale masque.... Bought a bunch of their samples too... I'll post a review when I try it.

Iluvsmuhgrass

I've been subbed to her for a minute and it's great to see her making her own products! Her hair and personality are just beautiful.

It kills me to hear folks bring up price points on small Black owned businesses making natural products. Y'all would probably crap a golden child if you knew just how much the larger companies were making off of us. And I'm sure this isn't new news (if it is, it shouldn't be), but several companies use bases. Not just for bath and body products... but for various food stuffs as well.

When I meet my financial goals I may buy. We need to support one another, not bring up how well someone is doing in their personal life (seriously?) nor whether or not they use bases that we can get on the ground. But I digress... carry on.

Kerryann

I see she is selling her vitamins now and her price is costly I mean it is more money than hairfinity vitamins so I Will pass

JulietWhiskey

Darkside of the moon
I've been subbed to her for a minute and it's great to see her making her own products! Her hair and personality are just beautiful.

It kills me to hear folks bring up price points on small Black owned businesses making natural products. Y'all would probably crap a golden child if you knew just how much the larger companies were making off of us. And I'm sure this isn't new news (if it is, it shouldn't be), but several companies use bases. Not just for bath and body products... but for various food stuffs as well.

When I meet my financial goals I may buy. We need to support one another, not bring up how well someone is doing in their personal life (seriously?) nor whether or not they use bases that we can get on the ground. But I digress... carry on.

@Iluvsmuhgrass

I'm not against folk using bases to make, mix and sell their own products but if I can buy the same base and mix MY own additives to said base for minimal cost, I'm going to save MY money and do just that.

And I thought we at LHCF are on this board to share information about healthy hair care practices, products and product reviews, vendor information, etc. I noticed that this vendor's main ingredients was very similar to the Essential Wholesale Hair Masque, a product that I own, use, love and would repurchase again and again and again.

Like any good LHCF member, I shared my insight, information and reviews. If my insight, information and reviews inspires other members to purchase the base directly from Essential Wholesale or Texas Natural Supply, I do not feel any regret or remorse for sharing my insight, information and reviews. If members choose to purchase from courtneymane, then I support their choice and welcome their reviews. I am not "blowing up the spot." I'm simply sharing information.

I can't tell anyone how to spend their money or how to make their money. All I can do and will do is continue to share insight, information and reviews, regardless of how other folk feel.

OP asked a question and in my own way, I answered her question. This, in part, is what I paid $6.50 for.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Iluvsmuhgrass

@Iluvsmuhgrass

I'm not against folk using bases to make, mix and sell their own products but if I can buy the same base and mix MY own additives to said base for minimal cost, I'm going to save MY money and do just that.

And I thought we at LHCF are on this board to share information about healthy hair care practices, products and product reviews, vendor information, etc. I noticed that this vendor's main ingredients was very similar to the Essential Wholesale Hair Masque, a product that I own, use, love and would repurchase again and again and again.

Like any good LHCF member, I shared my insight, information and reviews. If my insight, information and reviews inspires other members to purchase the base directly from Essential Wholesale or Texas Natural Supply, I do not feel any regret or remorse for sharing my insight, information and reviews. If members choose to purchase from courtneymane, then I support their choice and welcome their reviews. I am not "blowing up the spot." I'm simply sharing information.

I can't tell anyone how to spend their money or how to make their money. All I can do and will do is continue to share insight, information and reviews, regardless of how other folk feel.

OP asked a question and in my own way, I answered her question. This, in part, is what I paid $6.50 for.

Thank you.

I understand and that's cool.

I just remember the Afroveda gate and wondered why can't we support one another and if we choose not to, why put them on blast if it's not concerning us directly? My post was more of me thinking out loud and not necessarily directed at any one person.

Thanks for taking the time to respond. And you're welcome.

Killahkurlz

I see she is selling her vitamins now and her price is costly I mean it is more money than hairfinity vitamins so I Will pass

Ud think I'd she wanted to make money she'd lower her prices. Who's going to leave hairfinity, a product that does its job well to pay for another new product with no testimonies that costs more??? When Ford wanted to make more money, it gave its employees raises and lowered the prices of his cars.
Business sense is key.
I hope she sees this post

so1913

Well I finally got around to using it and I
don't like it :( my hair did not feel soft at all and feels even worse as it dries. No slip and doesn't aid in detangling, I don't know what I'm going to do with this hair right now lol. Will stick to my Jane Carter solution.

so1913

Well I finally got around to using it and I
don't like it :( my hair did not feel soft at all and feels even worse as it dries. No slip and doesn't aid in detangling, I don't know what I'm going to do with this hair right now lol. Will stick to my Jane Carter solution.

Update: I applied some kinky curly knot today and it helped soften my hair, it feels normal now. I'll check in in a day or two, it may be one of those conditioners you need to follow up with another. I will try to be fair and give it at least one more try in two weeks (suggested usage).