The hype over WEN.

Beautytalk69

I've been seeing post about this product and I wanted to know what was so great about it. This isn't the first time I have heard of the product. I've seen the commercials. I just wanted to know, what difference did you feel? What products and scents do you like? Oh and are you natural or relaxed? This would be greatly appreciated!

kellistarr

What I like about WEN for my hair is how it aids my hair to perform. It cleanses my scalp well by removing dirt and any build-up that I may have. I've never used it and felt like my hair wasn't thoroughly cleansed. It cleanses without stripping my strands. It conditions while cleansing. It helps me to detangle my hair with ease. It doesn't lather but gets mushy enough to mimic sudsy feel, which I like. Its scent is quite pleasing to me and as far as I'm concerned, the ingredients are good. I like what's in it. After use, my hair is moisturized and shiny clean. It is a product that has many of the features that I look for all contained into one. I also love the consistency and it can handle my hair. That's the WEN hype for me.

werenumber2

I remember making a post about WEN in naturallycurly back in 2003 and NO ONE responded :lol:. This was around the time when fashion & beauty magazines like Lucky started writing little blurbs on it, but it was barely advertised anywhere.

I figured it would be a hot topic since everyone was on the "no-poo" wagon back then.

Je Ne Sais Quoi

Coffee, you are being paged

I use wen, have been for a few years and I'm natchal. The cleansing you get is moisturizing and never harsh. You can also dc with it and use as a leave in which I do

Coffee

Adding to what kellistarr and Je Ne Sais Quoi said, it's also a multi tasker. I use it to co-wash, DC and as a leave in. I added the Ginger Pumpkin to Almond Re-moist and the end result was heavenly. Right now, the Ginger Pumpkin is my fav, followed by Fig & Pomegrante.

C@ssandr@

formerly known as "keyawarren"
I see that it has cones in it? Are the cones water soluble? When and what do you guys use to clarify?

candita

I'm starting to believe that WEN is saving my hair. I'm relaxed 4b. I tried it a few years ago and liked it but didn't really commit to it, mainly because of the price. After deciding this year to switch from a super to a mild relaxer to give my hair some reprieve, I decided to try WEN again.

LAWD...

Wen has been the only thing that makes my new growth manageable, to the point I can't even tell how many weeks post relaxer I am (that is until I pull my hair in a ponytail and my roots don't cooperate). My hair is softer, more manageable, and I see less shedding. It's got me sold to the point where I threw out/gave away 90% of my hair products and committed fully to Wen conditioners, styling cream and oils. I'm giving myself a year on WEN only to see really how much healthier my hair will be. So far, I'm in love!

beans4reezy

I can't live without my WEN. It really does it all. My hair has never been this long or healthy before in my life!

I am 62 weeks post right now and I've made it this far with no weaves, extensions, etc...WEN plays a big role in keeping my NG manageable. It truly is a wonderful product.

Coffee

I can't live without my WEN. It really does it all. My hair has never been this long or healthy before in my life!

I am 62 weeks post right now and I've made it this far with no weaves, extensions, etc...WEN plays a big role in keeping my NG manageable. It truly is a wonderful product.

Wow, that's an awesome testimony! I wish they would keep the Ginger Pumpkin (sorry Je Ne Sais Quoi :lachen:) as a permanent conditioner.

Solitude

I tried Sweet Almond and Pomegranate. Neither was moisturizing enough, but they did the trick as far as cleansing my hair and not drying it out. My hair is relaxed.

I would be willing to give it another go. Apparently Fig is very moisturizing and so is Ginger Pumpkin. I used up all of the Pomegranate, but it had a cough syrupy smell. Olive Oil hair one was a dream...can't remember why I stopped using it. PJism I guess!

Sent from my iPhone 4 using LHCF app

candita

I would be willing to give it another go. Apparently Fig is very moisturizing and so is Ginger Pumpkin. I used up all of the Pomegranate, but it had a cough syrupy smell. Olive Oil hair one was a dream...can't remember why I stopped using it. PJism I guess!

oh i tried the Hair One products. Wrecked my hair, it made it so matted and tangled.

youwillrise

one of my co-workers (straight haired white woman) is using wen...she said the lavender kind. she was going around having all of us smell her hair on our lunch break today. hahahahaha. it did actually smell good, to be honest...however weird that was. she was saying she likes it and said it seemed to help retain the moisture in her hair. she also said she probably wont be able to buy it again because of the price.

i havent tried it and dont intend to.

Solitude

oh i tried the Hair One products. Wrecked my hair, it made it so matted and tangled.

I'm sorry to hear that! I'm thinking there must have been some reason why I stopped using it. I think it left my hair weighed down. The Hair One Tea Tree formula did nothing for me. I used it in my son because his scalp tends to get flaky. It didn't help. I ended up tossing the bottle.

MzPrince

For those who are having matting problems with the WEN, try cleansing your hair in sections. And definitely make sure your hair is completely wet before applying the cleanser.

Coffee

Sooooooo Ms @IDareT'sHair why don't you tell us how you really feel about "pumpkin heads" :lachen::lachen::lachen:. You should just go ahead and purchased the GINGER PUMPKIN. You're going to keep wondering about it, you won't sleep at night, then you'll stop eating, just buy it :lachen::lachen::lachen:.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@Coffee

Yeah @MzPrince is the Otha' Pumpkin-Head:lol: I just remembered!

I know. I looked at it (again). Imma wait to see how the other ones work for me 1st.

ETA: Coffee, keep me posted about the Six Thirteen Stuff.:look:

choctaw

Sooooooo Ms @IDareT'sHair why don't you tell us how you really feel about "pumpkin heads" :lachen::lachen::lachen:. You should just go ahead and purchased the GINGER PUMPKIN. You're going to keep wondering about it, you won't sleep at night, then you'll stop eating, just buy it :lachen::lachen::lachen:.

shhhhh Coffee

IDareT'sHair is writing a letter to the Great Pumpkin for some WEN :lachen::lachen:

Kimiche

Why did I have to enter this thread? :blush: I have been eyeing the Wen Ginger Pumpkin on QVC for 1 week now and it has great reviews.