What work better for your hair, homemade treatments or products u buy in the store?

Taina

I've never tryed homemade stuff before, and i'm trying them because most of the products here (México) are not always good for my hair, or not made for my hair type.

My hair usually grow kind of fast, but this time is like baby steps :nono: i dye my hair to see the growing and 32 days later is not as much as it used to be. The hair is healthy, it have it's own shine, is soft, and very easy to comb.

But i'm still wondering if it's have to be with the change? i always though healthy hair grows faster, but this time is not.

So the question is : What give you better results, homemade treatments or store products?

Taina

Re: What work better for your hair, homemade treatments or products u buy in the stor

Bump for responses.

favorc

Re: What work better for your hair, homemade treatments or products u buy in the stor

Homemade treatments work better for my hair. I love to use avacados, cocnut oil, olive oil, plain geletin, and eggs. I also love to use a lot of essential oils on my scalp too. No on the other hand, store products works wonders on my sister's hair. You have to tray different things out and see what works for you. Hope that helps and happy growing.

vie

hi i have tried both. so with the store brought items the organic products work well for me.. they dont dry out my hair. with the homemadd treatments the ayurvedics products have worked wonders for my hairand as well as my daughters hair.

BlkOnyx488

I am a major fan of homemade
you can control what you put on your hair,
I love the idea that a concoction I put together helps my hair a thousand times more
than what some factory made in an attempt to exploit black hair for profit.

Most of the companies that market to sistas aren't even run by blacks, they think if they slap a picture of a long haired black model in a weave or wig on the cover we will flock to it.

God Made is always better than MAN made IMO

Last edited:

isabella09

For my hair, products like Qhemet Biologics and Oyin work wonderfully. My attempts at making homemade products/treatments always end with an inconsistent result; I’m simply awful at mixing items, I don’t have the patience, and ultimately end up wasting a lot of product when trying to make my creation. But if I were able to make them, I would go for homemade products/treatments as they can be cheaper and tailored to your specific needs/preferences.

Last edited:

BlackMasterPiece

Both. My mayo, egg, olive oil treatment is wonderful on my hair and so is a Lustrasilk Cholesterol DC with heat:yep: I like hommade products better though because they're cheaper, they're more pure and you know EXACTLY what's in it, no preservatives no artificial colors just organic pure goodness:grin: plus its just way more convenient to raid my kitchen for a DC then to go out to the store.....

NerdSauce

I like both but I have to say what really counts are mostly natural ingredients.

Store bought products are nice as I haven't fully amassed an arsenal of all the ingredients that would be great to have, but I just don't seem to get the same results (on my natural hair) from ones loaded with lots of synthetics and cones. With my relaxed hair... I think it was less of a difference.

Homemade products are nice for the reason mentioned above (you can control what you get and how much of it you get.)

SimplyBlessed

I love mixing my own things up in the kitchen, but if u cannot get away from buying products try adding things from the kitchen into ur store brought products...like eggs, honey, evoo, etc...

msa

I really like homemade stuff. It gets the job done when you need it to.

But, being completely honest, I have had better and more long lasting results with store bought products. No matter how good coconut milk or eggs are, they aren't engineered to penetrate the hair strands or provide really long lasting results like, for example, hydrolyzed protein. I'm totally in love with Aubrey Organics conditioners because they're pretty natural and they work really well.

I don't know what you have available in Mexico, but homemade products are great since you don't like what's offered. But if you can, I'd say order some products. I found that my hair felt completely different once I moved from completely homemade and added some store bought stuff.

ceebee3

The only homemade treatment I used was mayo. I didn't like it better than any store bought treatments.

I like going to the store and purchasing what I need. I don't like mixing and matching homemade hair products in my kitchen for my hair.

I am also quite lazy when it comes to my hair and I like to have what I need ready when I need it.