Castor Oil and Hair Growth

dlove

I keep reading about how if you apply castor oil on your lashes at night that your lashes will eventually grow out thick and long. I tried it, it works! (Thanks Miss _Cherokee!)

This got me thinking...Castor oil, if applied to the scalp, will probably promote growth of my hair long and thick, just like my lashes.:blush:

Has anyone experienced castor oil on the scalp for growth?

I'm beginning to like castor oil as a sealant better than coconut oil. Even though research suggest that coconut oil penetrates the hair shaft and is best for sealing in moisture. I wet my Natural 4b condensed thick hair with Oyin's Greg Juice and seal with castor oil. The results? Beautiful curly hair. I cant believe it!!!:spinning:

Last edited:

naturallygoldie

Hi dlove,

could u tell me how u apply the castor oil to your lashes? (fingertips, qtips??) I read somewhere else that it shouldn't get in ur eye but haven been wanting to try this.

ajargon02

Hi dlove,

could u tell me how u apply the castor oil to your lashes? (fingertips, qtips??) I read somewhere else that it shouldn't get in ur eye but haven been wanting to try this.

I would like to know the skinny on the "how to" for this as well. You know if Sacrea has a "how to" in her album?

nappity

I'm beginning to like castor oil as a sealant better than coconut oil. Even though research suggest that coconut oil penetrates the hair shaft and is best for sealing in moisture. I wet my Natural 4b condensed thick hair with Oyin's Greg Juice and seal with castor oil. The results? Beautiful curly hair. I cant believe it!!!:spinning:

I love that you call our hair condensed. Can I use it or will you sue me for copyright infringement?

Colliecole

Dlove you have stumbled upon my latest hair/skin secret. I've been using castor oil on my eyes every night for a few months now. I put it on my fingers the same way you'd put alchochol on a cotton ball; tilt the bottle up and then down, and use what sticks. I put it on my entire eye area including eyelashes, eyebrows. It's made my lashes and brows thicker over time and the skin around my eyes is more supple.

I also use it on my hair and I love it. On most mornings I co-wash with a cheapie con (V05) mixed with a lot of castor oil. I put it in when I get in the shower, and after I'm done washing my body, I rinse it out. After towel drying my hair, its PERFECTLY oiled, soft, and coily. Then I apply a little shea butter for extra moisture. it stays soft moist all day, and as long as I dont pic it out, my hair stays curly coily all day too.

:Copy of 2cool:CASTOR OIL ROCKS!!!!

Isis

Dlove you have stumbled upon my latest hair/skin secret. I've been using castor oil on my eyes every night for a few months now. I put it on my fingers the same way you'd put alchochol on a cotton ball; tilt the bottle up and then down, and use what sticks. I put it on my entire eye area including eyelashes, eyebrows. It's made my lashes and brows thicker over time and the skin around my eyes is more supple.

I also use it on my hair and I love it. On most mornings I co-wash with a cheapie con (V05) mixed with a lot of castor oil. I put it in when I get in the shower, and after I'm done washing my body, I rinse it out. After towel drying my hair, its PERFECTLY oiled, soft, and coily. Then I apply a little shea butter for extra moisture. it stays soft moist all day, and as long as I dont pic it out, my hair stays curly coily all day too.

I too have used castor oil for years on my eyelashes and brows as well as around my eyes. My lashes are always long and thick (ultra-long now with SAA!) and my brows nice and full. :)

I haven't used it regularly on my hair even knowing it contributes to hair health, beauty and growth. I do use Aveda Anti-Humectant and have for a few years--castor oil is a main ingredient.

As I mentioned recently in another thread, castor oil has been well-known for thousands of years for it's many healing and beauty benefits. It is also called, "The Palm of Christ".

amwcah

I too have used castor oil for years on my eyelashes and brows as well as around my eyes. My lashes are always long and thick (ultra-long now with SAA!) and my brows nice and full. :)

I haven't used it regularly on my hair even knowing it contributes to hair health, beauty and growth. I do use Aveda Anti-Humectant and have for a few years--castor oil is a main ingredient.

As I mentioned recently in another thread, castor oil has been well-known for thousands of years for it's many healing and beauty benefits. It is also called, "The Palm of Christ".

I have been using JBCO on my lashes and brows as well. Question: Were your lashes and/or brows already thick prior to your application and just thinned out over time? Why do I ask? I have never had thick brows and was wondering if this would actually thicken them. I have read threads were ladies say it has for them, but they may have had naturally thick brows anyway.

SoSweet08

Does anyone use haitian castor oil? I heard that it is much better then the other castor oils but, I'm not sure to why it is? So what makes haitian castor oil so good and where can I get it? Lol..

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I've been using castor oil on my scalp lately in hopes of thickening up my hair. It sure did work wonders on my bald eyebrows so I have high hopes.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I have been using JBCO on my lashes and brows as well. Question: Were your lashes and/or brows already thick prior to your application and just thinned out over time? Why do I ask? I have never had thick brows and was wondering if this would actually thicken them. I have read threads were ladies say it has for them, but they may have had naturally thick brows anyway.

It really does work and I have never had thick brows. Years ago I over-plucked them so much they were close to bald and wouldn't grow back. Castor oil has them looking normal again. I still wouldn't say they are thick but it's a big difference.

sareca

I remember you saying that... I loved it then and I love it now! :drunk:

dlove, castor on lashes was from miss_cherokee's head. :yep: I added SAA and castor oil to every tube of mascara in my house. Someone else (sorry I can't remember who) started a thread about using it as a hair gel. I tried it and it didn't work alone. I still had to use a little gel, but it was so much softer and shiner. I just started using it, but I'm sure it will help thicken my hairline (which is fine now).

Last edited:

dlove

Scalp Hair Growers---I need to hear from you. Is castor oil growing anyone's hair on the crown?

sweetnixsy

Yes it has grown my crown. Some hair fell out from a braid job i did a year ago. It makes your roots really thick... even my last relaxer last week didnt really take,my roots are still curly.

almondjoi85

Okay...this is enough info for me to jump on the castor oil for eyebrows and eyelashes...PLUS the hair on my head. I have a section in my eyebrow that will not grow so maybe this will help and my eyelashs.....mmmm what eyelashes?!?!? haha

BUT i need to know WHAT KIND OF CASTOR OIL ARE YOU USING?

dlove

Okay...this is enough info for me to jump on the castor oil for eyebrows and eyelashes...PLUS the hair on my head. I have a section in my eyebrow that will not grow so maybe this will help and my eyelashs.....mmmm what eyelashes?!?!? haha

BUT i need to know WHAT KIND OF CASTOR OIL ARE YOU USING?[/quote]

I use the home health brand from the whole foods store. I read that the ones from the grocery store has some type of chemical in it called hexa-something that is not good. I wish they sold the Jamaican Castor Oil. I'd like to give that a try.

Crown of Head Growers from Castor Oil...Keep the comments rolling please.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas

BUT i need to know WHAT KIND OF CASTOR OIL ARE YOU USING?

I just use the kind from Wal-Mart. It will work on your eyebrows but you have to be consistent and give it time. It's not something that will work in a couple weeks. It's very gradual but effective. Make sure to apply every night and whenever you're around the house (not going anywhere because you don't want greasy brows, lol) just slap some on. I was never consistent with my eyelashes because I didn't like the oil getting into my eyes. My eyelashes are already very long anyway so I'm not real worried about it.

SoSweet08

My father's hair started to fall out not too long ago and he started to use my JBCO on his head and he said it's making his hair come back in. He's in £oυe with this and always have them on stock.

tenderheaded

I had wanted to wait a little longer before having to answer this question. I started using castor oil in October on my scalp and hair. When I did my relaxer in December, my hair was noticibly longer in a problem area and thicker too:spinning: My research stated that castor was the world's first antiseptic - the cold pressed method was used for extraction.

It has prevented scalp eruptions, given me soft, moistured hair, and HEALED nicks and cuts!!!!

tbaby_8

You know what, I am soo glad I saw this thread. I just bought some organic castor oil last week. I am going to start using it to remove my eye make up and start using it on mine and my moms hair. I really hope it works.:grin:

Isis

I just use the kind from Wal-Mart. It will work on your eyebrows but you have to be consistent and give it time. It's not something that will work in a couple weeks. It's very gradual but effective. Make sure to apply every night and whenever you're around the house (not going anywhere because you don't want greasy brows, lol) just slap some on. I was never consistent with my eyelashes because I didn't like the oil getting into my eyes. My eyelashes are already very long anyway so I'm not real worried about it.
I just want to add that purchasing a better quality of castor oil, such as the Home Health brand from the health food store, one can see results faster. :yep:

Mystic

I do not used C O for hair grow but for the first time in years, I started having problems with acne - bumps and all which leave spots. I tried almost everything but nothing dries it up until I started rubbing castor oil on. The spots haven't totally cleared up yet but no more bumps and my face is looking much better.

KrimsonKween

Hello ladies, I used castor oil and my hair loved it. The only thing I suggest it that you mix it with other essential oils. I use 100% castor oild from the health food store. It is very thick. If you use it on your scalp it will thicken and just sit there and weigh your hair down, my scalp started to itch. I use a castor oil mix with pepermint, basil, grapseed, lavender, rosemary, atlas and thyme essenital oils along with olive oil. It works wonders for the over all health of my hair.

I also used castor oil for my face. My face has a healthy glow and it does not dry out like it used to. :grin:

happy oiling ladies. I will be sholder length by November.

Songbirdb

I always had very thin hair, every since I began wearing braids. I began using castor oil after reading about it on the boards and the reults:

One month later of using!

Here's the result after 3 months of using:

My hair has never been this thick... EVER! Even before I started wearing the braids I didn't have hair this full and thick. I oil rinsed with castor oil mixed with avacado oil (just to make it not as thick) and I did this for 3 months and I'm very proud with the results. I'm not sure if it contributed to the growth, but definately to the thickness!

EMJazzy

Happily retired
I always had very thin hair, every since I began wearing braids. I began using castor oil after reading about it on the boards and the reults:

One month later of using!

Here's the result after 3 months of using:

My hair has never been this thick... EVER! Even before I started wearing the braids I didn't have hair this full and thick. I oil rinsed with castor oil mixed with avacado oil (just to make it not as thick) and I did this for 3 months and I'm very proud with the results. I'm not sure if it contributed to the growth, but definately to the thickness!

Very nice results!!! :yep::up: I used to use Castor Oil for my hair and skin, I don't know why I stopped using it. You are making me want to revisit using it again. :scratchch