HELP!! THINNING NAPE

toni44

OK in my younger years i wore a lot of weaves , glued in and sewn-in , this caused the nape the thin out and it has never grown back fully. Do you think the pictures show permanent loss? does anyone think Mega Tek will help?
The rest of my hair is basically healthy relaxed, and is almost BSL. I have tried Profective regrowth serum last year and noticed a little growth but not much. ? Any other suggestions would be most welcome.

Attachments

• IMAG0277.jpg
    IMAG0277.jpg
    362.2 KB · Views: 98
  • IMAG0279.jpg
    IMAG0279.jpg
    344.3 KB · Views: 92

Pompous Blue

I don't see anything permanent about the thin area. When I had that problem long ago, it was from my stylist not thoroughly washing the relaxer from that area and neutralizing properly. Once I stopped perming, my hair grew back as thick as the rest of my hair.

I did nothing special to get it to grow back either.

Maybe some of the relaxed ladies can offer help in getting it to grow back. But from what I see, I think you can grow it back and mega-tek may help.

ebonyseas

I would also consider trying "the potion". There have been some great results from people with thin spots. I've been using it for a few weeks and ive noticed a difference in my crown area, which was thinning due to wigs.

bebezazueta

Hello

I had the same issue and now my nape is the longest area on my head.

1) I started to relax the nape last.
2) I babied it by not pulling or stressing when in ps
3) I did scalp massages with sulfur oil but I concentrated on my nape the most
4) skip relaxing the nape every other relaxer can help also

HTH! Love your hair BTW!

toni44

I would also consider trying "the potion". There have been some great results from people with thin spots. I've been using it for a few weeks and ive noticed a difference in my crown area, which was thinning due to wigs.

Ok,:yep: well I bought it and will be trying it too see if it works, I had this problem for 5 years , It would be great if you could come back and share your progress. Thanks

toni44

Hello

I had the same issue and now my nape is the longest area on my head.

1) I started to relax the nape last.
2) I babied it by not pulling or stressing when in ps
3) I did scalp massages with sulfur oil but I concentrated on my nape the most
4) skip relaxing the nape every other relaxer can help also

HTH! Love your hair BTW!

Thanks for your reply, I would love to have tried sulfer oil after hearing all the raves about it but i currently live in the uk and its not easy to find.
And your hair is gorgeous as well.

browneyedgrl

When I had this problem it was due to wearing tight ponytails and also tying my scarf tightly in the back every night. Once I stopped my nape grew.

toni44

When I had this problem it was due to wearing tight ponytails and also tying my scarf tightly in the back every night. Once I stopped my nape grew.
Yes i think this may be the issue , however if I tie it too loose and the cloth comes off , im a horrible sleeper. But i think i should look for one of those bonnets in the mean time.

toni44

sorry if i may ask what is 'the potion'

Eqyss Mega-Tek Re builder, (used on horses for bald spots) but also safe for humans

Ingredients: Deionized water, hydrolyzed keratin protein, stearalkonium chloride, glyceryl stearate, peg 100 stearate, marine protein, peg 40, panthenal, dimethicone copolyol, magnesium citrate, allantoin, amino acids, methylparaben, mucopoly-saccharides, propylparaben, imidazolidinyl urea, fragrance Comes in 16oz bottle.

Rossy2010

Thks OP for asking. I have the nape issue as well, but mine was due to shedding. The other parts never shedded that much, but the nape was horrible. I have used Alter Ego and it worked like magic to stop the shedding. I want to start growing it and the tips offered here are very helpful.

morehairplease

I don't know if it's permanent but the rest of your hair looks very thick and healthy.

co-signing....I agree. I have a spot like this in my head, on the right side in the back, and it's from relaxer over processing. Hopefully, it will fill in nicely because I would hate for it to be permanent. Slightly off topic, but do you mind sharing what relaxer you use?

Thanks in advance for your response,
tishee

ebonyseas

I guess there are actually a lot of "potions" floating around. I tried megatek for a while and had some progress. I couldn't deal with the excess shedding I had to sacrifice for the growth though, so I switched to other growth aids. The potion I was referring to was the one listed on this thread:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=535467&highlight=bandwagon

I made it myself and used it religiously for weeks before finally seeing some progress. I'm hoping it continues to work.

toni44

co-signing....I agree. I have a spot like this in my head, on the right side in the back, and it's from relaxer over processing. Hopefully, it will fill in nicely because I would hate for it to be permanent. Slightly off topic, but do you mind sharing what relaxer you use?

Thanks in advance for your response,
tishee

the relaxer I use is Profectiv no-lye regular , mixed with almond or avocado oil depending on how straight i want it.