Need advice on WnG's on natural 4a/b hair

Iluvsmuhgrass

K so today I was farting around and decided to do a WnG (again) but this time I decided to use Fantasia IC gel instead of my usual leave ins. When I do a WnG my usual way my hair dries soft but I have shrinkage galore. I :love: my shrinkage.

This time I co-washed my hair, added my glycerin/rosewater mix, leave-ins, and some braid spray then I grabbed the Fantasia IC gel and began to apply it to sections. I pulled my fingers gently through the hair and separated another section to repeat. You guys, I hate the feeling of gel. Seriously. BUT once I did it over my whole head and it dried, my coils POPPED. :love:

The only thing is, I had to apply a good bit to get my hair to clump and when it finally dried (it took forever and my hair is only 3-4 inches long) it was a teeny bit crunchy. I don't see me doing this daily because I don't like gel.... but here are my questions....

4a/b'ers how do you perfect your WnGs? What do you use? What's your technique? Can you achieve definition without using gel or twists? Do you use a diffuser, sit under the dryer, or do you just air dry?

I'm still trying to master but I found I got my best WnG when I baggy with olive oil and karen's body beautiful hair milk overnight. In the am I just take off the baggy and shake and GOOOOOOO!!!!!

ckisland

I'm a predominately 4a natural with 3c and 4b mixed in and I love love love cowashing :grin:. To get the perfect wng I:
1. cowash first with a cheapie condish (Suave)
2. apply a good condish to half of my hair at a time. My fave is SS Honey Conditioning Rinse
3. detangle each half with my paddle brush
4. don't rinse, just give the hair a little shake
5. put a t-shirt around my hair for about 5-10min. then let it airdry the rest of the way
And that's my recipe for the perfect WnG!!
HTH OP :yep: