Strong Protein Treatments and Reconstructors

Aireen

Strong Protein Treatments and Reconstructors List

I guess this is a spinoff of this thread: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=523985

I'm looking for protein treatments or reconstuctors that have protein as one of the first 5 ingredients with no mixing required to make them stronger. You can list more than one and it could work with or without heat.

This could help members that are looking for effective strengthening protein-based products without having to create a new thread. Please re-check the ingredient list if you have the product to avoid error and assure potency. :yep:

Here is a list of proteins for convenience: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=502376

Last edited:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Mega-Tek
Dudley's Cream Protein
Dudley's Hair Rebuilder
Dudley's DRC 28
Nexxus Emergencee Reconstructor
Nexxus Keraphix Reconstructor
Mane N' Tail Rebuilder
Ultra Sheen Duo-Tex
Apoghee 2 Step
Hairveda Methi Sativa
Hydratherma Naturals Amino Protein
Affirm Treatments *various*

I'm sure there are more, I'd have to think on it some more.:perplexed

Will be back later.

Aireen

Alberto VO5 Hot Protein Moisturizing Intensive Crème Treatment - Contains Hydrolyzed Collagen as the 4th ingredient.

(Comes in a blue box in blue packaging in packets of 3.)

Last edited:

Aireen

These are not listed as protein treatments or reconstructors but they're conditioners with certain types of protein high on the list:

Aubrey Organics GPB Glycogen Protein Balancing Conditioner - Contains Milk Protein as the 4th ingredient.

Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Replenishing Pak - Contains Hydrolyzed Collagen as the 5th ingredient.

Aubrey Organics Island Naturals Replenishing Conditioner - Contains Hydrolyzed Sweet Almond Protein as the 5th ingredient.

Shescentit Tea Tree & Grapefruit Herbal Conditioner - Contains Silk Amino Acid as the 5th ingredient and Hydrolized Wheat Protein as the 6th ingredient.

Last edited:

steffiejoe

I like this conditioner, but there are no proteins listed at all on the ingredients list, so not sure if it can be considered a 'proper protein conditioner.'

I was wondering about this . I don't know which ingredients are doing it but this conditioner makes my hair very strong.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Mane n tail reconstructor

hydrolyzed wheat protein is the second ingredient.

Last edited:

LuvlyRain3

These are not listed as protein treatments or reconstructors but they're conditioners with protein high on the list:

Aubrey Organics GPB Glycogen Protein Balancing Conditioner - Contains Milk Protein as the 4th ingredient.

Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Replenishing Pak - Contains Hydrolyzed Collagen as the 5th ingredient.

Milk protein?? Interesting..... Off to do a search.

miss_cheveious

Joico Kpak Reconstructor, it contains 'Hydrolyzed Human Hair Keratin (Triamine Complex)'
It's actually the sixth ingredient tho..

ambs_0587

Tigi Dumb Blonde Reconstructor...it smells so yummy!

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using Long Hair Care Forum App

Aireen

Shescentit Fortifying Hair Masque - Contains Hydrolized Wheat Protein as the 5th ingredient.

EllePixie

I use GPB as a light protein treatment, I really like it! I also think it's a good boost if you are usually protein sensitive.

Aireen

I use GPB as a light protein treatment, I really like it! I also think it's a good boost if you are usually protein sensitive.

Yeah I think a lot of what is listed can be used as treatments depending on how much protein an individual needs for their hair. I'm going to refer back to this thread for future treatments my hair may need.

Aireen

Curly Hair Solutions Pure Silk Protein - Contains Silk Amino Acid as the 4th ingredient.

Jetblackhair

I like this conditioner, but there are no proteins listed at all on the ingredients list, so not sure if it can be considered a 'proper protein conditioner.'

The Whole Leaf Aloe Vera Concentrate is the protein, which is listed as the first ingredient. On Cathy's web site she talks about her conditioner, which has protein for strengthening, oils to lubricate & stimulates for the scalp.

I always used a moisturizing conditioner after using the UBH Conditioner.