Jheri Redding Natural Protein Conditioner

prettywhitty

Has anyone used this? How did you use it? I saw it in Sally's today and I was thinking about using it after I relax to strengthen my hair/

These are the ingredients: Water, 100% Vegetable Protein, Apple Cider Vinegar( there is a fourth but I forgot what it was).

I've been doing the Aphogee 2 min reconstructor weekly after I shampoo for the past two weeks. I was thinking about using Aphogee for three more weeks, take a break for a few weeks, and then do another Aphogee the shampoo before I relax. ( I deep condition every week after I use this).
My idea was to use this right after I relax mixed in with conditioner ,then neutralize and deep condition. Is that too much protein? I have to admit, when I saw the 100% pure vegggie protein, I got a little scurred. All you need is a capful of the stuff, which leads me to believe it's pretty strong.

karezone

I used to use this on a regular basis but not right after a relaxer. My hair liked it . I consider it a mild protein treatment. I think that there is one other member that uses it and she is natural.

jamaicanadian

make sure you smell it before buying it! it smells like soy sauce. At least with the aphogee two step (hard protein) the smell washes out, but my hair was left smelling like soy sauce :s I bought it after reading good reviews on it on folica.com. But I didn't think it was worth it. The product was messy to use because it's the consistency of soysauce and it stained my towels.

tnorenberg

I used this with every relaxer until recently.Sally's discontinued it. I am still looking for a replacement. I was starting to get happy again until I saw the original post date of Sept. 2006. I have about a tablespoon left in the bottle.

HoneyDew

I use it.

I don't leave it on for a long time, just as a rinse with ACV. It is a great mild protein for me.

I use it in my homemade condish recipe so I don't feel the affects of the mess and the smell is masked. I like it. Haven't used it in awhile since I've been megateking. :yep:

apinkdiva

I LOVE the Jheri protein I was excited when I came across but then realized its from 2006.:lol: If you ladies know where I can find it please feel free to PM me thanks

Ways I have used it:
  • I mix it in my lye relaxer prior to my touchups, love the effect it has on my hair :clapping:
  • I spray it in my hair directly
  • I mix it with the Vitale Hair Mayo and DC that way