Alcohol-Free Setting Lotion: Does one exist?

L.A. Woman

If so, what would you use? A friend of mine is looking to wear crisp curls - vintage - old Hollywood-style. But she's nervous - the last time she did, her hair came out due to the alcohol-based setting lotions. Her stylist tells her there's no such thing as a setting lotion w/ no alcohol. Is this true?

What do you use? (I could've sworn I saw an ad recently in Sophisticate's Black Hair for an alcohol free mousse that could be used for sets. A lady blowing a cloud of mousse in her hand to the camera. What's the product? - Please jog my memory...)

lovechic

NEXXUS MAKES ALCOHOL FREE STYLING PRODUCTS. GO TO www.NEXXUS.COM AND CLICK ON HAIR PRESCRIPTION. THEN TYPE IN YOUR HAIR TYPE AND TO THE RIGHT OF ALL THE HAIR TYPE SECTION THEY HAVE AN AREA WHERE YOU CAN CLICK FOR ALCOHOL FREE PRODUCTS ECT...

CurlyCrly

To each his own. :)
I went to the nexxus site and didn't have the patience to sit through their Flash demonstration. I hate when websites don't give you the option of bypassing that sort of thing. I DON'T have time for that.

nmfsc

Pro-Line's Perm Repair setting lotion is alcohol free and I believe Fantasia's IC makes one that is alcohol free with silk protein.

Laginappe

I think Deep Brilliance Control - Soft Control Foam doesn't appear to have any alcohol. Lots of protiens though.

quitestorm22

Isoplus also has an alcohol-free setting lotion for roller sets. I've tried it but didn't like the way it made my air feel. The setting lotion has nettle, rosemary, aloe and all the other things that we like. I think I paid about $3 for it. It is in a pink and white bottle.HTH

BrEE

[ QUOTE ]
Isis said:
Isn't Lottabody setting lotion alcohol free? I think it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

can anyone confirm?

Spagirl

I can't find the bottle right now but I believe Vitale (my favorite setting lotion diluted) is alcohol free or non drying alcohol free.

Isis

BrEE said:
[ QUOTE ]
Isis said:
Isn't Lottabody setting lotion alcohol free? I think it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

can anyone confirm?

(8 months later... :lol: ) Yes, I checked the label and it's alcohol free.