My Experience with HotCombs

winona

Disclaimer: This is long but I wanted as much disclosure as I am able to give

Summary: I ordered 8 Hercules combs from hotcombs.com. When I finally checked my mailbox and opened the package(that was stapled together) I noticed only 7 combs and 1 empty package. I contacted hotcombs the same night and was told it would take them a few days to investigate. After a few days I received an email from hotcombs stating that they would not replace my comb because when it left facility all combs were accounted for. The email also informed me that the comb was delivered on Monday not the Thursday that I reported getting it out the mailbox(I dont check mail everyday so sue me). I contacted hotcombs by phone and requested more information regarding WHY they wouldnt replace my comb and if their was some sort of exception to policy. I was greeted by a friendly young lady who was unable to provide this courtesy per her manager. I contacted my bank and notified them of the situation and they opened a dispute. The next day I received an email from hotcombs extending the COURTESY of replacing my comb:look: just saying

Bottom Line: I think I will lay off online ordering for awhile. This crap is ridiculous.

Below you will witness the shenanigans that took place. If you start from the end going up it is sequential. Just a warning of the policies to those who may want to take part in this business later on. Please learn from my mistakes.

--- On Wed, 2/23/11, hotCombs Client Services <[email protected]> wrote:

Subject: RE: Order #21048
To: "'Winona
Date: Wednesday, February 23, 2011, 4:14 PM

Hi Winona,

Thank you for responding. I agree that is this is a terrible experience to have your package intercepted in route to your residence.

I understand your concern that a customer should not be at a loss for stolen merchandise. Therefore, I will pass this matter on to management so that we can offer insurance thru the USPS and our Terms and Conditions will be updated for our clients and future shipments.

I will process your order today so that it can be ready for shipment tomorrow.

Warmest Regards,

Kathy
Sr. Client Services Rep

hotCombs

The Source for Professional Grade Combs & Brushes | www.hotCombs.net
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[email protected] | 815.230.3640 | 815.230.3550 fax | P.O. Box 1262, Plainfield, IL 60586

Sent: Wednesday, February 23, 2011 1:44 PM
To: hotCombs Client Services
Cc: Hubby
Subject: Re: Order #21048

Good Afternoon Kathy,

Denise was very helpful yesterday in understanding your policies. When I retrieved my package from my locked mailbox on Thursday(Feb 17) it was stapled together. Last night I actually went in the garbage to ensure that I was not mistaken and it was definitely stapled. I hate that someone at some point during transport decided to remove my comb; however, I do not believe that it should be the customers lost if such incidence happens.

I would like to recieve a replacement comb for the one that was stolen enroute to my home.

--- On Wed, 2/23/11, hotCombs Client Services <[email protected]> wrote:

Subject: Order #21048
Date: Wednesday, February 23, 2011, 10:15 AM

Hi Winona,

I am the Client Services Rep that handled your original phone order on February 11th. As your original point of contact with hotCombs, I would like to offer my assistance to find a resolution in this matter.

I have reviewed the material from the investigation as well as the notes from your correspondence yesterday with Denise. I can confirm that our records show that the comb was definitely in the package when it left our facility on February 11th and sealed with USPS Priority Mail tape.

If the package arrived stapled close, then at some point, the package could have been intercepted in route to your residence. Although hotCombs is not responsible for the package once it leaves, I am willing to accommodate your request to extend a one-time courtesy to replace the comb.

If you are in agreement with receiving a replacement 703WW, please respond to this email and I will have the order processed today.

Warmest Regards,

Kathy
Client Services

hotCombs

--- On Tue, 2/22/11, hotCombs Client Services <[email protected]> wrote:

Subject: RE: Your Order From hotCombs
Date: Tuesday, February 22, 2011, 10:10 AM

Dear Winona,

After a thorough investigation of your order and shipment, we have confirmed that the 703WW was included in your shipment which was delivered on Monday, February 14th and not Thursday, February 17th.
Our Order Fulfillment process includes several checks and balances to ensure that all items are accounted for and shipped in every clients order. This process also allows us to follow up on any discrepancies with shipments that may arise.

Regards,

Denise
Client Services

hotCombs

The Source for Professional Grade Combs & Brushes | www.hotCombs.net
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[email protected] | 815.230.3640 | 815.230.3550 fax | P.O. Box 1262, Plainfield, IL 60586

Sent: Thursday, February 17, 2011 8:12 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: Your Order From hotCombs

Good Evening,

I received my order today and found that one of the combs was missing. I received the packaging in which the comb went into however the comb was not in it. The missing comb was

HS703WW Styling Comb

Winona

$10.95 USD
$10.95 USD

T--- On Fri, 2/11/11, hotCombs <[email protected]> wrote:

Subject: Your Order From hotCombs
To: winona
Date: Friday, February 11, 2011, 9:30 AM

Thanks for Your Order!

Your order ID is #21048. A summary of your order is shown below. To view the status of your order click here.

Your Order Contains...

Shopping Bag Items
SKU
Qty
Item Price
Item Total
HS180WWR Pin Tail Comb
HS180WWR
$9.95 USD
$19.90 USD
HS1975 Styling Comb
HS1975
$12.95 USD
$12.95 USD
HS6740 Pin Tail Comb
HS6740
$10.50 USD
$21.00 USD
HS703WW Styling Comb
HS703WW
$10.95 USD
$10.95 USD
Magic mini Star Rake
MS5610
$13.50 USD
$13.50 USD
Subtotal:
$78.30 USD
Shipping:
$8.65 USD
Grand Total:
$86.95 USD

hotCombs
http://www.hotcombs.net/
Copyright © 2010 hotCombs All Rights Reserved. | Terms and Conditions | Privacy Policy | Client Services |

--- On Fri, 2/11/11, hotCombs <[email protected]> wrote:

Subject: Your Order From hotCombs
To: winona
Date: Friday, February 11, 2011, 1:39 PM

Thanks for Your Order!

Your order ID is #21050. A summary of your order is shown below. To view the status of your order click here.

Your Order Contains...

Cart Items SKU Qty Item Price Item Total
Magic mini Star Rake
MS5610 1 $13.50 USD $13.50 USD
Subtotal: $13.50 USD
Shipping: $0.00 USD
Grand Total: $13.50 USD

hotCombs
http://www.hotcombs.net/
Copyright © 2010 hotCombs All Rights Reserved. | Terms and Conditions | Privacy Policy | Client Services |

Your Cheeziness

I think both of you handled that situation very well. That's weird why someone would open your package. Maybe it got dropped and busted open? Idk. I'm glad you got a friendly resolution.

Roux

I cannot stand when a company cannot acknowledge that they may have made a mistake and make their customers pay for it. What could have been a raving review is now a count against them.

Leeda.the.Paladin

Hmm so they are saying someone stole the package, got out one comb, and then sent it on to your house?

Ok...

Sounds moreso like someone at the company dropped the ball. Sorry you had to go through that OP

If you are in agreement with receiving a replacement 703WW, please respond to this email and I will have the order processed today.
Haha yes I know I went hard for the blue rolls eye smiley, but I love him!

Why should you have to respond to the email asking for the replacement!? Obviously you want the comb or you wouldn't have paid for it! That just seems like a power play to me and it's extremely unprofessional. The comb should have been in the mail once you explained what happened.

TamedTresses

Haha yes I know I went hard for the blue rolls eye smiley, but I love him!

Yeah, that was so silly. Of course she wanted the darn comb. She contacted them several times about it. :whyme:

winona

kriss:lachen:

Ya'll I was trying to remain professional about it but this type of crap drives me crazy. I believe customer service makes and breaks a business. If you got crappy service I will report it to anyone who will listen and I will ensure you get no business from me. On the flip side if you have GREAT customer service I will also shout it from the rooftops.

shenitab

I think that the package could have been damaged in transit and the carrier either didn't notice the damage or did not report the damage as they should have. It is good to know the policies of the company that you are ordering from, before you order, just in case something happens.
I sell and buy a lot of things online so I can see both sides of the coin. I have seen people who have purchased things claim that they did not receive them and I have seen people who sold things, claim that they were sent out, but didn't. I have also seen a whole lot of shipping carrier issues.

I guess it is important for the seller to have insurance on the packages sold and for the buyer to make sure that insurance is included when a purchase is made. That can increased prices for the consumer, but the peace of mind may be worth it. Some sellers offer insurance as an additional purchase that has to be made by the buyer and if it is not purchased, the seller would not be responsible if the item does not make it to the buyer.

I think it may be better to insure everything and pass the cost on to the consumer. Some carriers include the cost of insurance in their shipping rates and some make it available as a separate purchase. As a consumer, I think I would rather pay a little extra and know that if something goes wrong, I will still get my widget. Being told that the widget would not be replaced would not make me happy.

winona

I think that the package could have been damaged in transit and the carrier either didn't notice the damage or did not report the damage as they should have. It is good to know the policies of the company that you are ordering from, before you order, just in case something happens.
I sell and buy a lot of things online so I can see both sides of the coin. I have seen people who have purchased things claim that they did not receive them and I have seen people who sold things, claim that they were sent out, but didn't. I have also seen a whole lot of shipping carrier issues.

I guess it is important for the seller to have insurance on the packages sold and for the buyer to make sure that insurance is included when a purchase is made. That can increased prices for the consumer, but the peace of mind may be worth it. Some sellers offer insurance as an additional purchase that has to be made by the buyer and if it is not purchased, the seller would not be responsible if the item does not make it to the buyer.

I think it may be better to insure everything and pass the cost on to the consumer. Some carriers include the cost of insurance in their shipping rates and some make it available as a separate purchase. As a consumer, I think I would rather pay a little extra and know that if something goes wrong, I will still get my widget. Being told that the widget would not be replaced would not make me happy.

Thank you for your viewpoint. It is very important to have many views because I believe it makes even better consumers.:yep:

Terms and Conditions

REVISED: 08/02/2010

DISCLAIMER

Please take a moment to read and understand the following Terms and Conditions prior to making your purchase on our site. At hotcombs.net, our goal is to provide you with an opportunity to purchase professional grade combs, brushes, and hair accessories, along with product information and informational guides and resources.

Every effort is made to update the information contained on our site, neither hotCombs nor any third party or data or content provider make any representations or warranties, whether express, implied in law or residual, as to the sequence, accuracy, completeness or reliability of information, opinions, research information, data and/or content contained on the website (including but not limited to any information which may be provided by any third party or data or content providers) and shall not be bound in any manner by any information contained on the website. hotCombs reserves the right at any time to change or discontinue without notice, any aspect or feature of this website. No information shall be construed as advice and information is offered for information purposes only. Prices and other information is subject to change without notice.

hotCombs WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THIS WEB SITE. THIS IS A COMPREHENSIVE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY THAT APPLIES TO ALL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOSS OF DATA, INCOME OR PROFIT, LOSS OF OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY AND CLAIMS OF THIRD PARTIES.

All material and information presented by hotCombs on the following web pages: combTips, brushTips, 3Comb Smooth, How To Clean Your Comb, How To Choose the Right Brush, How to Properly Use Your Brush, and How To Clean Your Brush is intended to be used for educational or informational purposes only. The statements made within combTips, brushTips, 3Comb Smooth, How To Clean Your Comb, How To Choose The Right Brush, How to Properly Use Your Brush, and How To Clean Your Brush have NOT been evaluated by a licensed professional stylist or cosmetology school and the results reported, if any, may not necessarily occur in all individuals. The statements and products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any hair condition or damage. hotCombs encourages you to discuss the methods, the use of products, or information received from this site with your licensed hair stylist prior to using or relying on them. hotCombs does not give nor intend to give answers regarding damaged hair, hair loss, scalp disorders, etc. We do not represent ourselves as licensed hair stylists nor is this implied.

This site is solely an online store for specialty related products that provides additional educational information on issues of interest to our customers. Our intention is only to help you make an informed decision regarding a purchase but not to replace the advice of a licensed stylist.
hotCombs reserves the right to make changes to this Web site and these disclaimers, terms and conditions at any time. Any changes to this disclaimer will be signified with a revision date at the top of this document.

COPYRIGHT & TRADEMARKS
The website design, trade marks, text, images, logos, graphics, names, logos and service marks (collectively "trade marks") is Copyright © 2010 hotCombs. The "trade marks" displayed on hotCombs.net are registered trade marks of hotCombs, Inc. and Hercules Sagemann. Nothing contained on this website should be construed as granting any licence or right to use any trade mark without the prior written permission of hotCombs. All trademarks are the exclusive property of hotCombs and is protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. Any other use of text on this site - including product descriptions and product images - are not permitted by without prior written permission from hotCombs. It is strictly prohibited to reproduce, copy or transfer material from hotCombs.net

All other trademarks, product names and company names or logos cited herein are the property of their respective owners: hotCombs and Hercules Sagemann.

DOMESTIC AND INTERNATIONAL ORDERS
hotCombs will make every effort to review, process and ship domestic and international orders. However, due to the ever increasing threat of internet scams and fraud with online purchases, hotCombs reserves the right to decline any order, domestic or international, at our own discretion. We make no guarantee that we will attempt communication with the client who placed the order, to confirm the legitimacy of the order, credit card, billing or shipping information. Any domestic and international orders that are declined by hotCombs, will receive a full refund of monies paid online.
PROMOTIONS AND COUPONS
By opening an account on hotCombs.net, Clients agree to receive hotCombs Email Promotions. Clients have the option to opt-out/unsubscribe from hotCombs Promotions at any time. hotCombs Promotions includes, but is not limited to sales, discount, and coupon notices; new product annoucements and policy updates. hotCombs reserves the right to cancel any promotional offers and coupons, at any time and prior to stated deadlines, without notice to clients.

I did not read anywhere in the Terms and Conditions that "if you order a product and you dont recieve that product you will be at a lost." However some of this information I feel like I need lawyer to help me out. The Terms and Conditions did go into detail cocnerning how HotCombs is not responsible for any information on the website regarding uses and such for their tools offered. Also there is not an option for insurance upon checkout (just went through the entire process(except payment) to see if I missed something the first time).

Options

• USPS (First Class Mail REGULAR) $2.99
  • USPS (Priority Mail) $6.10
  • USPS (Express Mail) $22.10

Last edited:

BostonMaria

Its kinda shady how ONE hot comb was missing. I think it was the company's error because why would a thief just take ONE? Hey why not all 8? :lachen:

BTW OP what the heck are you going to do with so many hot combs?

winona

Its kinda shady how ONE hot comb was missing. I think it was the company's error because why would a thief just take ONE? Hey why not all 8? :lachen:

BTW OP what the heck are you going to do with so many hot combs?

:lachen:Yea so I need :look:the combs because I am sharing. My momma and sister are too cheap:) I have finally got them on their healthy hair journey and I wanted to start them off with the proper tools:spinning:

1QTPie

Elder Sim
If someone steals your package or from your package after it's delivered, that's not the company's fault. What happens after it leaves the facility is on you unfortunately. Anyone else have access to you mailbox?

And don't get it twisted, mail carriers steal all of the time. Comtact USPS (or whomever) to do an investigation.

Anyway, I'm glad that you're getting your merchandise and I love the way you handled it.

reeko43

I can't stand poor customer service!!! It would have been better for them and you if they had just sent you
The comb. What does it gain them to lose a customer and possibly others over a bad transaction?
I could understand if you had made multiple claims!

winona

If someone steals your package or from your package after it's delivered, that's not the company's fault. What happens after it leaves the facility is on you unfortunately. Anyone else have access to you mailbox?

And don't get it twisted, mail carriers steal all of the time. Comtact USPS (or whomever) to do an investigation.

Anyway, I'm glad that you're getting your merchandise and I love the way you handled it.

You are right anyone could have stolen my comb from the begining at their company to the end at my mailbox. My mailbox is the kind that is in a community area(24boxes connected with individual access to each via locks). It was just my common sence that kicked in that said "who would open up my envelop that contained individually packaged combs; take one comb out ; place the empty package back in the envelop; and continue it on its way to my mailbox"."Why wouldnt they just the whole dang thing""if a company doesnt have insurance as an option upon checkout; why would the customer be held liable for an item not received?"

AtlantaJJ

@wiona Was this matter resolved to your satisfaction?

How are you enjoying your combs? I'm considering making a purchase.

TIA!

winona

[USER=17100 said:
AtlantaJJ[/USER];16339071]@wiona Was this matter resolved to your satisfaction?

How are you enjoying your combs? I'm considering making a purchase.

TIA!

They finally sent me a new comb:/ and I haven't purchased from them since. I do love my combs though:grin: I have bone combs and MP combs and neither one can hold a candle to my Hercules Sägemann. I wish there was another outlet to purchase them:look: BTW they have insurance on there site now:spinning:

AtlantaJJ

They finally sent me a new comb:/ and I haven't purchased from them since. I do love my combs though:grin: I have bone combs and MP combs and neither one can hold a candle to my Hercules Sägemann. I wish there was another outlet to purchase them:look: BTW they have insurance on there site now:spinning:
I don't usually buy insurance but in this case, I'll get it :look: