Did Silica or Garlic Condition/Shampoo stop your hair from SHEDDING?

Did Silica or Garlic Condition/Shampoo stop your hair from SHEDDING?

• Silica Vitamin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Garlic Shampoo and/or Conditioner

Votes: 11 91.7%
  • Other

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
Yeah I have heard about Alter Ego...

I need to try and find something in a JIFF...it's that time for me and I try to be preventative...

tallygirl

Shedding is normal; however, on occassion when I thought the shedding was excessive (maybe once or twice a year), I use Aphogee Treatment for Damaged Hair.

Yes. I think Aphogee helps with breakage.

But what about shedding from the scalp, where you see the bulb on the end?

Brownie518

I got some garlic oil and leave it on overnight to curb shedding, if needed. I have also used the Alopecil Cinnamon/Rosemary tonic, Essations Hair Mender, and Alter Ego Hot Garlic Treatment. All are excellent for shedding. It used to be a huge problem for me. I had hair cascading all over me before LHCF. Now, if I get one hair I have a fit. I usually use the Alter Ego every other week since it's a great deep conditioner. That helps keep it at bay.

almondjoi85

Does anyone else experience an increase in shedding during the transition from cool weather to more colder weather (like now/late october early november)? This seems to be the time when my hair sheds like crazy! I checked the hairs and there is a white bulb at the end of the strands so I know its shedding, but its still a little un-nerving at first.

Nefertiti0906

Does anyone else experience an increase in shedding during the transition from cool weather to more colder weather (like now/late october early november)? This seems to be the time when my hair sheds like crazy! I checked the hairs and there is a white bulb at the end of the strands so I know its shedding, but its still a little un-nerving at first.

I do :perplexed

dream13

This is EXACTLY what I'm going through right now. It started getting cold here last week and out of the nowhere, I started shedding like crazy. I can't even touch my hair :nono: without pulling a bunch of long strands with bulbs on the tips. :sad: It's driving me crazy!

I bought Queen Helene's garlic poo last night. I'll let you ladies know if it works for me.

Last edited:

so so chic

My hair has been shedding like CRAZY lately. I've been trying to figure out what's going on, maybe it is the weather :ohwell:. I had some of the Alter Ego Garlic Treament, and used it once and gave it to my mother. I'll have to get some more. From what I can remember, it was pretty good.

Leslie_C

The shampoo I bought was unscented. The ingredients list: deodorized garlic. :ohwell:

thx...Im having some seasonal shedding and Im afraid of losing the thickness it took me so long to acheive! Let me know if the shampoo works for you!

nikkivale

Yep. The same thing happens to me. It really scared me at first, I literally thought my hair was falling it from all the new things I was trying but I think it must just be a normal process because I haven't had any problems with my growth or retention from it.

kiesha8185

Yes. I think Aphogee helps with breakage.

But what about shedding from the scalp, where you see the bulb on the end?

I've tried a Garlic Rinse and it made my hair hard, can't say I saw a difference in shedding. Silica (I believe) has sulfur in it, and I'm allergic to sulfur so I'm too afraid to try it.

Aphogee Treatment for Damaged Hair really helps stop breakage for me, but Toque Emergencia decreases my shedding. I take my time and massage it into my scalp and hair, and then use a blow dryer as though it was a protein treatment. I see a difference every time I stop using it, so I make it a point to use it at least twice a month. But once, I threw some cloves of garlic in a blender with some water, strained it, and put the "garlic water" in my conditioner. It definitely helped! But my hair smelled like garlic for 2 weeks :perplexed:nono:

I have tried the Sole and Cinammon Conditioner, it also made my hair hard. It was not moisturizing for me. But I've only used it once, and can't say I saw a difference in shedding.

Last edited:

gradygirl

Alter Ego Hot Oil Garlic treatment worked for me. It took me using it a couple of times for me to start getting results. I order mine from Sickbay. Henna also helped with my shedding.

1QTPie

Elder Sim
According to what I have read, hair grows slower and sheds more in the fall, usually October. It's probably the best time to try silica AND a garlic shampoo.

I think I am going to try mixing my own concoction tonight when I get home :grin:.

I think I am going to try blending garlic, cinnamon and conditioner (and maybe a few other things) :blush:

Wish me luck guys!

almondjoi85

OKAY this is reassuring that A TON of ppl go thru this "seasonal shedding" :lachen:It's driving me crazy ... I'm so irritated now that I refuse to touch my hair only to do my scalp massage which leaves the bathroom sink covered in hairs .... sooooo i end up spending an extra 30 minutes checking each hair for a bulb! haha I HATE HAIR SOMETIMES!

MiWay

I've used Alter Ego garlic conditioner and Nutrine garlic shampoo, and they both worked for me. But what really helped was taking iron, since I am iron deficient. But I do believe some shedding is natural. I shed a lot more in the colder months than I do in the warmer months.

OneInAMillion

OKAY this is reassuring that A TON of ppl go thru this "seasonal shedding" :lachen:It's driving me crazy ... I'm so irritated now that I refuse to touch my hair only to do my scalp massage which leaves the bathroom sink covered in hairs .... sooooo i end up spending an extra 30 minutes checking each hair for a bulb! haha I HATE HAIR SOMETIMES!

You are not alone. I check the hair for white bulbs, and while I'm relieved that it's not breakage, I don't know the difference between normal and excessive shedding and it drives me up the wall :wallbash:. I'm convinced that my diet has something to do with all the shedding, so I'm stressed about that as well.

To the OP, I struggled with this a couple weeks back and took my Silica faithfully and it subsided. Thanks for the thread because I have to start back again! Also, Alter Ego Garlic Conditioner is wonderful.