What's the longest hair length you've ever seen

katie

What\'s the longest hair length you\'ve ever seen

in real life?
Very long hair is popular here on women of East Indian descent from more rural areas.So I'm not terribly shocked to see butt length hair.But today I saw a lady with her hair in a long braid and it was hitting the back of her knee.It looked awfully old fashioned to me

I wonder if it would be even longer when unloosed.

gabrielle2

Re: What\'s the longest hair length you\'ve ever seen

a gentleman at the caribbean festival last year here in atlanta. locs down to his calf muscles and he was at least 5 10.

katie

Oh right!How could I forget locs!I've seen locks that drag on the floor before.

silvergirl

the longest hair ive seen is lady at church who has heel lenght hair.

lthomas1

Hair Power!

When I was about 10 years old there was a lady that had hair close to ankle length in my neighborhood.

alliyah4eva203

i saw a pic of a oriental lady with hair that lay on the floor about 5 metres in front of her. thats just scary

candibaby

im sorry, i would not want hair dragging on the ground in front of me, nor would i want hair down to my knees. people would probably step on my hair just to spite me.

Allandra

On a man - I saw a black guy this week with waist length hair. His hair looked very nice, and it was neat too.

On a lady - I once saw a lady with knee length hair.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made

A Caucasian lady with butt-length hair

bimbabe

Locks making a man trip up (he is short though)
Another tall man I see him with his hair in a pinytail and he has locks to past his butt.

patience

I was at the MARTA station one day and saw a short, hispanic looking lady with hair down to her ankles!

Nonie

[ QUOTE ]
candibaby said:
im sorry, i would not want hair dragging on the ground in front of me, nor would i want hair down to my knees. people would probably step on my hair just to spite me

[/ QUOTE ].

Candi, if you had it that long, you'd probably keep it in a protective style (pun intended) most of the time, and only wear it down briefly to show or take pics. There's a picture showing how Diane Witt wore her hair in a protective style in this thread (sorry the first links seem to have died
) The picture I'm referring to is still there though...somewhere in the middle.

The longest hair I've seen in real life was of an Asian lady and it was down to the back of her knees. But I do feast my eyes on pics of long hair quite often: Par example... An excellent website of extra long hair (more pics under each name) -- and don't forget the index on the left.

jasmine

in high school this asian girl had hair past her knees. the ends look raggedy and thin.

lovechic

Are there any websites of black women with extra long lengths? I couldn't find any!

candibaby

[ QUOTE ]
nonie said:
[ QUOTE ]
candibaby said:
im sorry, i would not want hair dragging on the ground in front of me, nor would i want hair down to my knees. people would probably step on my hair just to spite me

[/ QUOTE ].

Candi, if you had it that long, you'd probably keep it in a protective style (pun intended) most of the time, and only wear it down briefly to show or take pics. There's a picture showing how Diane Witt wore her hair in a protective style in this thread (sorry the first links seem to have died
) The picture I'm referring to is still there though...somewhere in the middle.

The longest hair I've seen in real life was of an Asian lady and it was down to the back of her knees. But I do feast my eyes on pics of long hair quite often: Par example... An excellent website of extra long hair (more pics under each name) -- and don't forget the index on the left.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but what's the point of having long hair if you never show it? When I get back to brastrap my hair will be OUT!

bollyhair

I personally would rather see someone w/ hair THAT long with their hair up in a bun or something because to me, REALLY long hair (knee length, ankle length, etc.) just SCREAMS PWT! Sorry, but I don't recall EVER seeing someone w/ hair to that extent look good! It always looks raggedy and Crystal Gale-ish! Sorry! And I have seen some pretty women like that, but the hair just does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING for them, just hanging there like that, looking unhealthy.

simplycee

Sweetest Taboo

I have a coworker who's hair is past her butt (she can and has sat on it). Sorry...hair that long isn't for me. I think bra strap is it for me, that's my goal.

candibaby

true enough, there's a girl who lives down the street from me whose hair is down to her knees (she's only 15), it's all scraggly and what not at the ends because she refuses to cut it. wears her hair up almost all of the time but it looks like it weighs her little head down.

Isis

The longest I've seen was a co-worker with hair past her butt. I could tell she was taking very good care of it though because it sure was beautiful and her hair attracted a lot of positive attention wherever she went. She wore it loose most of the time.

Ayeshia

I saw a lil Indian girl who was about 7 with a THICK THICK single braid down to her knees...wel the fold of the back of her legs rather. And her hair was sooo glossy too. It was beautiful
I can only imagine what wash day is like for her

Scasey

I saw a black lady on the Metro in D.C. with dreads down to her behind. I hope I don't offend anyone but it looked so dirty.

happylocks

I have seem men and women with knee lenght locks, I have seen butt lenght, knee lenght, I dont think I have seen ankle, but I see alot of long hair everytime I go out,

Devi

my b/f had hair to his knee... thank god he cut it. I wasn't too crazy about it. It's now 5 inches past bra strap.

Boadicea

on a man: knee length hair in a thick braid

on a woman: trailing on the floor a few feet behind her

I wonder what's the point of taking care of your hair so it can grow long and then turning around and shredding it all over the side walk???

I had a friend in Trinidad who was half chinese half East indian she had hair down to her ankles and it was thick too ... she hated it but her dad would not let her cut it .
she had to wash her hair in a tub one side at a time because it was really thick too each of her two ribboned braids were about 3 1/2 inches thick and the strands were thick and coarse too.
I wonder what ever happened to her.?I bet all of htat hair is gone though.
she use to put coconut oil in her hair every day like most old fashioned people of indian decent and it smelled rancid because in Trinidad you make your own coconut oil and the smell is powerful..

sassygirl125

Professional PJ

[ QUOTE ]
bollyhair said:
I personally would rather see someone w/ hair THAT long with their hair up in a bun or something because to me, REALLY long hair (knee length, ankle length, etc.) just SCREAMS PWT!

[/ QUOTE ]

What's PWT?