When to do a heavy protein treatment like Dudley's DRC 28

caribeandiva

Human being
I got asked this a lot in my other DRC thread.

You should do a hard protein treatment:

-After a relaxer

-After hair color application

-Every 4-6 weeks to maintain healthy hair

Don't forget to always follow the protein treatment with a moisturizing deep conditioner for at least 15 minutes.

I like DRC because it's the strongest protein treatment on the market right now. Yes it's stronger than Aphogee 2 step.

demlew

How does the DRC 28 smell? I used the Ghee 2 step, but I've been looking for another hard protein because the smell of it makes me want to :barf:.

caribeandiva

Human being
How does the DRC 28 smell? I used the Ghee 2 step, but I've been looking for another hard protein because the smell of it makes me want to :barf:.
Yeah i heard Ghee smells bad. The DRC smells a little shampooey and sudsy if that makes sense. It's not a great smell either (think of Aphogee 2 step) but I do like the scent that lingers after I wash it off.

Avaya

Was the question ever answered in the other thread regarding using this protein treatment on natural hair? Protein treatments tend to make my newgrowth tangle and matt like the dickens! What have naturals/transitioners' experience been with the DRC 28?

Vashti

I've been thinking about adding this step to my routine when I start pressing my hair later this year. Thanks for the info OP!

caribeandiva

Human being
Was the question ever answered in the other thread regarding using this protein treatment on natural hair? Protein treatments tend to make my newgrowth tangle and matt like the dickens! What have naturals/transitioners' experience been with the DRC 28?
yep I answered it.