How do you moisturize after protein treatments??...

Pretty1008

I am an avid believer in doing protein treatments when my hair is suffering from moisture overload.. I only do PT's when I feel they are necessary, but I have one major hang-up: Afterward my hair while strengthened, is very dry.. almost to the point where I can't acheive the styles I want for up to a week post PT (I use ApHogee's 2-Step Protein system with the Balancing Moisturizer). So.. I was wondering how u ladies deal with post PT hair issues? What's your chosen method of moisturization???

Aggie

I usually follow up with one of my moisturizing deep conditioner for 45 minutes to an hour after a protein treatments with heat under a hooded dryer. I especially like Elucnece Moisture Balancing Conditioner, Alterna Hemp Hydrate Conditioner (new), Jason Naturals Jojoba Conditioner, Jason Naturals Sea Kelp Conditioner, and you might want to try Nature's Gate Hemp Nourishing Conditioner as well.

ceebee3

The balancing moisturizer is a joke, I tried it once and will never use it again.

After I'm done rinsing the 2 step out I immediately apply a regular moisturizing conditioner in while I'm still in the shower and let it sit for about 2 minutes.

When I'm done rinsing that out, I use a moisturizing deep conditioner with oil for 20-30 minutes with heat.

I never have any problems with dryness while doing this.

I use the 2 step every 6 weeks like clockwork.

Pretty1008

You know you are absolutely right! I think that balancing moisturizer is just a ploy for them to make more $$$. But after I rinsed out the 2-Step I mixed my Organix Shea Butter Conditioner with honey & avocado oil, and sat under the dryer for 25mins... and my hair was so much better than it usually is after a PT..

Thanks for the reply... I agree completely.