HELP!... Which conditioners have the most SLIP?

Koffie

I'm transitioning and for my new regime I think it would be healthy for my hair to do co-washes frequently. I just don't want anything that will tangle my hair. I'm looking for a quality conditioner that will not leave my hair tangled and is able to give it over all shine & luster. Ladies of LHCF what are some of the conditioners you all have tried and loved?

Also, I have a shampoo & conditioner I use once a week (JASON Thin to Thick), but I want to do a daily co-wash with a diff. conditioner because the JASON is expensive and I can't afford to run through it (I'm in college).

Would it be unhealthy to use a diff. conditioner for daily co-washes?

I really just wanted to know the ones (conditioners) that offered the most Slipage and produced quality results.

Purtygurly

I like the suave conditioners... suave humectant, suave tropical coconut and the aloe vera one too. They all cost about $2.

I use the cheapo conditioners for conditioner washes and I use the more expensive ones for deep conditioning.

naomi

good skin and hair
inexpensive: Pantene R&N conditioner
expensive: Farouk deep brilliance reconstructor

inthepink

For conditioner washes, I used Suave Humectant or Pantene Hydrating Curls. For rinses, I use V05 cheapie conditioners.

Nyambura

surfer girl
I like
inexpensive: Clairol Herbal Essence Fruit Fusions Hydrating conditioner
expensive: Elucence Moisture Balance conditioner; L'Oreal Color Moisture Treatment; L'Oreal/Kerastase Masquintence

Allandra

The Pantene conditioners provide lots of slip. L’Oreal Nature’s Therapy Unfrizz Smoothing Treatment (aka LUST) provides a lot of slip too. BTW, these are what work well for my hair.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
I agree with Allandra. The Lust has awesome slip!

Boadicea

REDKEN Smooth Down Conditioner. It will give you slip, it makes your hair easy to detangle (so much so that I gave up my Creme of Nature), it makes your hair soft, shiny and smooth (gets rid of frizzies) and gives it moisture.

Boadicea

Both actually.

The butter treat seems to work better if left on for more than 5 minutes, but the regular conditioner yields instantaneous results. So what I do is use the regular conditioner, rinse, and apply the butter trat and leave it on until I finish washing. But one doesn't have to do that, as the results are the same only the butter treat gives more moisture.

If you go on eBay, you can get the sets of the entire line for under $20.00 including shipping. The conditioner itself is $8.50 for 8.5oz and $22.00 for 32.oz

[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
For conditioner washes, I used Suave Humectant or Pantene Hydrating Curls. For rinses, I use V05 cheapie conditioners.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto on the Pantene Hydrating Curls and V05.

MariahB2KFan

I like Pantene and VO5 con. I gotten great results with them. As far as expensive stuff goes, I wouldnt know cuz i 14 years(that equals poor) and cheap.

Karonica

What's cheap and does the job for my hair is Pink Lotion RevitaLEX conditioner. My hair slips nicely with this sutff. And I like sniffing it.

nmfsc

Lust provides excellent slip. I like Silk Elegance or Motions Moisture Plus as well. The SE and MMP are interchangeable.

Sweetyb

Hey wingtoe....... what texture of hair are you transitioning into?

On my 4b curly hair, I feel that, so far, AURA Cherry Almond has the best "slip" in my hair. My hair feels pretty good after rinsing it out. It's on sale at Sally's, 15oz. for 8.99--yeah, kinda steep, but I just fell in love with the $1 sample I tried.
This is a step up from Suave's Cocoanut Conditioner, which is around 1.60 for the same size... smells like cardboard though and not as thick as the AURA.
Motion's has mineral oil in it. When I used it, it felt good at first, but I started getting a different feel from it *shrug*.

*Deep conditioners* hands down give me the best silky moisturized feeling to my hair (Quene Hellene, ORS, Lusters, etc.)

Good luck with your transition!

jerseygal

for me it has to be mazzani moisture fuse, follow the directions and it will make your hair so soft and tangle free.