I want to put a gray streak in my hair. but how?

amber212

Ok so I know that's crazy, but yeah I want to do it, but how would I go about that? I want it to be like silver-ish, no one sells gray hair dye! suggestions?

PretteePlease

#fakeworkouts
Re: I want to put a gray streak in my hair. but ho

you probably have to bleach to blonde first I have seen a few hair dyes in grey call around to different beauty supplies. i would suggest a professional they (bleaches)can be murder on the hair.

mermaid

WEll, I just can't fathom why rush to do what you will spend the rest of your life fighting!!
I've had grey in my hair since I was 21 and I would gladly give it to you! Anyway, I'm sure you can find the right color, but most likely would have to bleach first, since dark colored hair does not like to go light without a lot of persuasion. My own hair was all over blonde for years, and trust me, once you start lightening your hair it seems like a chore. But like I said, I'm sure it's readily availabe and and easy to do as any other double process.

amber212

thanks ya'll bumping this up for more suggestions, like what brand to use?

Karonica

Yep, you may have to bleach that sucker...then perhaps add a rinse.
I haven't a clue as to how to go about this.

Tracy

Right here dawg!

Bleach, and then a rinse specifically for grey hair would be my guess...

But you'd have to take the hair WAY light. Like almost white, which might be a problem....

amber212

alright, so like I tried...lmao, and well nothing happened. I tried with clairoxide and some arctic blode and then a gray rinse, but the clairoxide only got my hair to like a reddish brown. what kind of bleach would I use?

NGC

What is clairoxide? Is it by Clairol? I do know Clairol has the Herbal Essence highlight kits that can definitely lighten hair to bleach blonde, trust me I know

whosthatgurl

here.... but i'm not here

shoot i give you all of my strands, everyone telling me ooh you got a lot a gray hair. i'm only 15! BUT GOOD LUCK FINDING SOMETHING

mermaid

use the bleach that comes in packets and use a 30 volume developer (I use a 40 because my hair is pretty resistant and 30 only gets my hair to the red tones then stops).