Itching scalp = Growing Hair?

rdm

Started taking hair vits a month ago. Scalp is itching like crazy. It is embarrassing, especially if I am in a meeting.

The itch is not due to dry scalp because I have an oily scalp and there is no dandruff on my scalp. So, do you think that an itching scalp is a sign of my hair growing?

navsegda

Well, I did a quick search and came across this site that sells hair growth products and provides hair info, and this was the answer to one of the questions asked:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2. "After 2 weeks, my scalp is tight and itchy. What causes this?"
__This feeling is sometimes felt due to an increase in circulation caused by the natural exfoliation process. This may happen again as built up layers of dead skin and deposits are loosened and rinsed away. For some, the tingly feeling is caused by hair growing out of the once dormant hair follicles that have now been rejuvenated.

http://www.newrational.com/hgs/faq.html

So yeah, if what you have isn't dandruff or a dry scalp, then it very well could be a sign of growth.
[/FONT]

seraphinelle

Sometimes I get these really tender parts, that hurt when I touch them...

I don't tie my hair too tight, or get it braided too tight, they just pop up on occassion.

What is that?

growinglong777

I was wondering the same thing. I have been taking NIOXIN recharging for about three weeks, and my hair is itching also...anyone else experience itching from NIOXIN or any other hair growth vitamins.

Mizani_Mrs

I've never gotten itchy scalp. but i have gotten sore scalp before, and thats when i am faithful to my hair vites so i am sure a sore tender scalp is a sign of a growth spurt...

Aveena

Hmmm... Interesting question? I am experiencing terrible itching in my nape. No dandruff. I've scheduled an appointment with the dermatologist tomorrow at lunch to have him look at it. I'll post what he says.

F

Tranquility

This is good information, because I too have the tender heads spots and itchy scalp despite the scalp not being dry and wondered why this seems to happen.

MzOptimistic

EMJazzy said:
I get the "creepy crawlies" feeling in my scalp when I'm having a growth spurt. ;)

I have the creepy crawly feeling as we speak or as I type and I just washed and deep conditioned my hair last night. I always get creepy crawly feelings in my scalp but I don't know....I wash my hair every 3 days and since joining this site. I have not seen a dandruff in a year...so I hope it means my hair is growing:)

lana

I take Nioxin and my scalp usually gets that creepy feeling almost like there is a little ant up there, when I rub it with my fingertips it doesn't go away. I wash once a week, so I think my hair stays fairly clean.

I hope it's a growth spurt. Nioxin has contributed to my hair growth immensely.

I usually do a scalp massage when I feel this way and that seems to help.

Lastly, I take 2 Nioxin tablets per day. This really boosts my growth rate, one a day did NOTHING, nada! Diddley-squat.

growinglong777

Thanks Lana.. I just increased my Nioxin to two tablets a day today. but the creepy crawlers and the itching just started like two days ago.. I hope to see a growth increase also since I have only taken the Nioxin three weeks.

Last edited:

guyaneseyankee

Thank goodness for this thread. I was wondering what was going on with my head. I was questioning whether or not I had fleas:lachen:
My scalp is tingly and itchy. I've only used the Excel 21 for two days, but I have been using Curly Proverbz growth aid for about a month off and on. Hard to be consistent. But I'm trying now that I am committed to growing my hair out. ( I thought maybe i was having an allergic reaction to one of the ingredients)
I'll do my best to continue the journey but not too sure i like how my scalp feels. I guess the results will make it worth it.

krissyhair

I don't necessarily agree that itching means growth.

I've never associated the 2.

Oily skin (and scalp) can still suffer dryness as well.

Scalp itch for me comes from product buildup. Maybe too much conditioner on my scalp. If I get conditioner on certain parts of my skin elsewhere on my body after rising the hair in the shower, that gets itchy too.