Aunt Jackie's Curls and Coils Products

MissMusic

Has anyone tried any products from this line?

If so, which one? and how did it perform?

Products Include:
Oh So Clean Moisturizing & Softening Shampoo

Ingredients:
Aqua (Water), Sodium (C-14-16) Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Coconut Oil Monoethanolamide, Polyquaternium 7, Glycol Stearate, Parfum (Fragrance), Sodium Chloride, Glycerin, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Fruit, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, d-Limonene, Hexyl cinnamic aldehyde, Linaool, Amyl cinnamic aldehyde, Lilial, 5-chloro-2-methyl-4-isothiazolin-3-one, 2-Methyl-4-isothiazolin-3-one, CI 15985 (Yellow 6), CI 47005 (Yellow 10)

In Control Moisturizing & Softening Conditioner

Ingredients:
Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Glycerin, PPG-1 Trideceth-6, Dicetyldimonium Chloride, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Fruit, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Polyquaternium-37, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Lanolin Oil, Parfum (Fragrance), Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Dimethicone PEG-8 Laurate, d-Limonene, Hexyl cinnamic aldehyde, Linalool, Amyl cinnamic aldehyde, Lilial, Panthenol, Soluble Collagen, Tocopherol, Benzyl alcohol, Citronellol, Hydroxycitronellal, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Equisetum Hiemale (Horsetail) Extract, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower)

Knot On My Watch Instant Detangling Therapy

Ingredients:
INGREDIENTS: Aqua (Water), Propylene Glycol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Fruit, PEG-150 Distearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Glycerin, Parfum (Fragrance), Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, PPG-1 Trideceth-6, Cyclopentasiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Lanolin Oil, Polyquaternium-37, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Acrylamidopropyltrimonium Chloride/Acrylamide Copolymer, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Stearalkonium Chloride, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, d-Limonene, Hexyl cinnamic aldehyde, Linalool, Amyl cinnamic aldehyde, Lilial,Benzyl alcohol, Citronellol, Hydroxycitronellal, Cinnamic alcohol, 5-chloro-2-methyl-4-isothiazolin-3-one, 2-Methyl-4-isothiazolin-3-one, CI 17200 (Red 33), CI 19140 (Yellow)

Curl la la Defining Curl Custard

Ingredients:
INGREDIENTS: Aqua (Water), Propylene Glycol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Fruit, PEG-150 Distearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Glycerin, Parfum (Fragrance), Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, PPG-1 Trideceth-6, Cyclopentasiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Lanolin Oil, Polyquaternium-37, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Acrylamidopropyltrimonium Chloride/Acrylamide Copolymer, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Stearalkonium Chloride, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, d-Limonene, Hexyl cinnamic aldehyde, Linalool, Amyl cinnamic aldehyde, Lilial,Benzyl alcohol, Citronellol, Hydroxycitronellal, Cinnamic alcohol, 5-chloro-2-methyl-4-isothiazolin-3-one, 2-Methyl-4-isothiazolin-3-one, CI 17200 (Red 33), CI 19140 (Yellow 5)

The website is here: Aunt Jackie's Curls & Coils

The products do not contain sulfates, parabens, mineral oil or petrolatum

Some of the products do contain cones

ANYONE?

Last edited:

*Frisky*

No shade to the products but why can't these new companies come out with more original packaging. This is the 2nd or 3rd new hair care line I have seen and the packaging resembles another line...mini rant over hahaha...I wouldn't mind trying the curl custard. Seems like alot of ingredients though.

MilkChocolateOne

No shade to the products but why can't these new companies come out with more original packaging. This is the 2nd or 3rd new hair care line I have seen and the packaging resembles another line...mini rant over hahaha...I wouldn't mind trying the curl custard. Seems like alot of ingredients though.

Miss Jessie's packaging clones

APrayer4Hair

*Frisky* said:

I thought this when I saw them:

-unoriginal name concept
- packaging
- product names

dyh080

Because it is all about marketing and buyer impulse. They are giving the illusion of another established product in the marketplace and thus capitalizing on the established reputation of that product. Maybe if the buyer doesn't notice, he/she will buy?? In my legal opinion it looks like trademark infringement and they are opening themselves up to a lawsuit.

*Frisky*

Because it is all about marketing and buyer impulse. They are giving the illusion of another established product in the marketplace and thus capitalizing on the established reputation of that product. Maybe if the buyer doesn't notice, he/she will buy?? In my legal opinion it looks like trademark infringement and they are opening themselves up to a lawsuit.

I figured this is why but dang, why open yourself up for potential legal issues. They probably think Miss Jessies is so big time that they won't even waste their time.

Sorry to derail your thread OP:lol:

MissMusic

I figured this is why but dang, why open yourself up for potential legal issues. They probably think Miss Jessies is so big time that they won't even waste their time.

Sorry to derail your thread OP:lol:

No worries, I thought the same things. Plus I hate the name, I am tired of companies trying to relate to "us" with names like Aunt Jackie, Ms Jessie's, As I Am, Kinky Kurly, etc. What happened to brands like KeraCare, Mizani, Design Essentials, LustraSilk, etc.

Anyways, I just like the fact that I can get this product on the ground and the lack of many harmful ingredients, but I can't buy anything without checking to see if the LHCF Mafia has any opinions on the products :yep:

Last edited:

*Frisky*

No worries, I thought the same things. Plus I hate the name, I am tired of companies trying to relate to "us" with names like Aunt Jackie, M's, As I Am, Kinky Kurly, etc. What happened to brands like KeraCare, Mizani, Design Essentials, LustraSilk, etc.

Anyways, I just like the fact that I can get this product on the ground and the lack of many harmful ingredients, but I can't buy anything without checking to see if the LHCF Mafia has any opinions on the products :yep:

Where did you see the products? I haven't been to the BSS in awhile.

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
Curl Mane-tenance – Defining Curl Whip
TRASH. TRASH. TRASH.

I don't know if I got a bad batch or if this is meant to only be used with other AJ products but it's about to get tossed. It does not have any hold or slip. I applied the whip separate times on wet hair with wetline gel, ecostyler gel and foaming wrap. Each time it turned into little little balls when run through the hair. No, of course the little balls didn't dry clear, it looked like dandruff once dried.

Curl Boss – Coconut Curling Gelée
It's a really good curl definer and gives a little gloss effect but it has no hold at all. Even if this was meant to go with the curl whip, my hair still needs a gel to prevent frizz and general out of pocketness.

lorr1e1

4C (natural) currently relaxed (Mizani)
Aunt Jackie's Grapeseed & Avocado Growth Oil

Is this product any good as I've never tried their products before, could this be mixed with JBCO?