6 Month Vitamin Challenge (Nov-April)

Sanndy

Ive re-subscribed vs lurk, so that I can join this thread with you guys..

Count Me In! :yay:

B12 2000 mcg
Folic Acid 400 mcg (2) daily
Biotin 5000 mcg

yorkpatties

Vitamin Shoppe Ultimate Woman multivitamin
Biotin 5mg
MSM 2000mg
Black Currant Oil 1000mg

I actually started a few weeks ago, and I've just snipped away about 1 1/2 inches of relaxed hair as I'm transitioning. I'll continue to keep snipping away at my relaxed ends willy-nilly so I can't really get a good read on how many inches my hair has grown, but I will take pics.

Aggie

Side note: Country Life Maxi Hair vitamins are HUGE. :sad:

ITA with you Barbie83. I used to take them about 2 or 3 years ago and didn't take the whole bottle:nono: because they were so huge. I just threw out some Twinlab Amino 2000 for the same reason. They hurt my throat something aweful.

Also, make sure they are not kept anywhere hot because mine seemed to have spoiled very quickly and end up with a really strong smell. I live in the Bahamas so anywhere in the house is a bit warm unless we're running the a/c 24/7 and that's not practical with the high cost electricity here.

Anyway, I hear they are supposed to be quite good if you ccan finish them. Good luck hun.

Barbie83

ITA with you @Barbie83. I used to take them about 2 or 3 years ago and didn't take the whole bottle:nono: because they were so huge. I just threw out some Twinlab Amino 2000 for the same reason. They hurt my throat something aweful.

Also, make sure they are not kept anywhere hot because mine seemed to have spoiled very quickly and end up with a really strong smell. I live in the Bahamas so anywhere in the house is a bit warm unless we're running the a/c 24/7 and that's not practical with the high cost electricity here.

Anyway, I hear they are supposed to be quite good if you ccan finish them. Good luck hun.

Aggie well luckily the pills i just finished (Activit Multi-vitamins from Beachbody) are also huge, so I'm prepared. I'm just used to hating life twice a day :lol:

I'm gonna at least finish the bottle. i wanna get my money's worth :yep:

Aggie

By the way, I took all my morning vitamins already, ie, collagen, hyaluronic acid, vit c, glucosamine, chondroitin, msm combo, as well as my ALIVE multi, flaxseed oil, evening primrose oil, omega 3, and vitamin e.

I have my smoothie powders loaded with some other goodies like maca, kelp, spirulina, chlorella, and wheat grass, that I will be mixing for my late lunch snack later today:lick:.

I am really ing this challenge.

for now.

Last edited:

Aggie

@Aggie well luckily the pills i just finished (Activit Multi-vitamins from Beachbody) are also huge, so I'm prepared. I'm just used to hating life twice a day :lol:

I'm gonna at least finish the bottle. i wanna get my money's worth :yep:

:lol:!

Congrats on your 15lbs lost. You are doing great -keep it up.

yorkpatties

I took my vitamins on a fairly consistent basis in the past, but since I got pill case, I haven't missed a day.

The pic is the exact one I purchased.

Attachments

• l_vs-2812.png
    l_vs-2812.png
    50.7 KB · Views: 21

cynd

This challenge really helped me today. Voice in my head kept telling me "your hair will never grow so why bother" but I refused to listen and took my vitamins anyway.

Would love to hear suggestions on how to stay motivated when it seems as though you aren't making any progress. It's only been a couple of months for me but it seems like forever. Thanks in advance.

Cynd

~Vintage Queen~

Am steadily making way through pills.

@cynd have you noticed any change in nails, skin or energy etc.
For myself, my nails have gone back to the thick, long and whiter condition I was used to. I was asked by my bf if I was bleaching so I can only imagine he really meant my skin was glowing. kmt.

As I store them in my necklace I find it easier than when I had the standing pill box..but I've been taking them since mid/late Oct. Actually September.

If you really haven't noticed anything check the mg dosage.
Nioxin has 2mg of b6 but with B vitamins it's better to get around the 50-100mg mark or time release. This probably applies to many vitamins/minerals but you get what I mean.

Although you may not notice differences now just keep going and I'm sure you'll be suprised.

Last edited:

cynd

Am steadily making way through pills.

cynd have you noticed any change in nails, skin or energy etc.
For myself, my nails have gone back to the thick, long and whiter condition I was used to. I was asked by my bf if I was bleaching so I can only imagine he really meant my skin was glowing. kmt.

As I store them in my necklace I find it easier than when I had the standing pill box..but I've been taking them since mid/late Oct.

If you really haven't noticed anything check the mg dosage.
Nioxin has 2mg of b6 but with B vitamins it's better to get around the 50-100mg mark or time release. This probably applies to many vitamins/minerals but you get what I mean.

Although you may not notice differences now just keep going and I'm sure you'll be suprised.
Vintage queen: Thanks for the response. Almost immediately I saw a huge difference in my nails. They started growing like crazy and seemed much thicker/harder and didn't break as easily. That was from taking biotin every day and multivitamins most days. After about a month of that my nails regressed and are now back to breaking if I look in their direction. It's almost like the biotin, etc. stopped working. I've tried to kick it up a notch by adding MSM and not missing my multivitamin. I do see a little progress with my hair but some days I think it's my imagination. Anyway, I took my pills today...

Cynd

~Vintage Queen~

cynd it isn't your imagination. Don't watch it too much and prepare for longer hair/visualise what you'll do.
Try different brands/b-complex but most of all don't worry.
If you have faith, pray about it too. Nothing is too small for God to handle. If it concerns you, it concerns Him and He over answers.

I must edit my post as I've just seen that I've been taking mine since mid September.

cynd

Vantage queen: Thanks. I'm trying to resist jumping from one product to another, etc. Funny how I've lived all these years without really getting to know my hair and now that I know that I've been doing wrong, I'm impatient for results. I'll give visualization a try (I've used it in the past for weight loss and I know it helps me) and of course faith.

Cynd

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
Hi I want in ladies! Especially since I severely lack in the vitamin area. AND for some weird reason I don't think it helps with 'my' growth but I am willing to see through this challenge. *shrugs* I will be taking Centrum Chewables-Multivitamin/Multimineral Supplement as of today.

DaughterOfZion1

I've been taking my vits. Haven't missed a day.

I was looking at the Dicotemecious *spelling* Earth thread and they said a great way to get silica into your system is to put about one tablespoon in a gallon of water and drink that water. Continue to fill up the jug with that same DE in it.

Anyone doing this? I think I'm going to start.