LOOK AT WHAT THIS WHITE LADY HAS DONE TO HER BLACK ADOPTED DAUGHTERS' HAIR!

d-rock

:lachen: You put the thread title in all caps, I came in here ready to go off.

Last edited:

lipyt

:lachen: You put the thread title in all caps, I came in here ready to go off. She obviously has a better understanding of her hair than black mothers who generally repeat what their mothers did passing along misinformation to the next generation.
:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:Got ya!

JustKiya

:lachen: See - trying to stir up drama!!! :lachen:

I think I've seen that video before - she really did a good job.

Amazing the difference education makes over assumptions and tradition. *sigh* :ohwell:

PrincessScorpion

:lachen: You put the thread title in all caps, I came in here ready to go off. She obviously has a better understanding of her hair than black mothers who generally repeat what their mothers did passing along misinformation to the next generation.

I was thinking the same thing. She has got skills!:yep: She does better than my mother. My mother was expecting a boy so she did not know how to do a girl's hair and she would have me looking a hot mess.

Sui Topi

lol I was ready to pop off too until I saw who it was. I saw her do the yarn extentions in this little girls hair too. She's legit!

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Wow, she does a great job! She braids way better than i do. It looks like she's done her research to care for her daughter's hair and I really like that.

fluffylocks

She's did a good job :yep:
I would expect her to research black hair and therefor probally come up knowing more than the average black mother because they know nothing about hair...she would have been completly lost.

Reinventing21

Spreading my wings
Wow! Very impressive! They don't look tight at all. Her mom's not the only one. In the comments another white lady from Australia has bi-rac daughter (half-African she says) who obviously is into hair as well. Good for them!:grin:

FAMUDva

She's good. I wonder if she's a member somewhere cuz she knows her stuff. I also see that she uses the Jamaican Mango and Lime stuff.

I thought the same thing! And she only does conditioner washes. :grin:

Products I use:
Jamaican Mango and Lime (JML), spray and gel
African Royale M.O.M.

I do not use shampoo, I wash their hair with conditioner every 2 to 4 weeks. Then I put in the leave in lotion - M.O.M.
While I am styling I use a watered down bottle of JML to keep hair wet, and I use the JML gel.
I spray their hair every morning with JML.

lipyt

I was thinking about this too. I'm hoping she's not redoing the braids too often too.
She had gotten a lot of comments asking if she did it tight and she said she was careful not to put it too tight for fear of breakage. She also said that the way she braids, like her form is not the best and makes it difficult to pull it tight. (she holds the hair as if she was going to french braid a white girls hair..is what she said) And she also said that she keeps the braids in 2 -3 weeks. Some times she will just redo the back or front depending on how frizzy it gets. She pretty good!

Iluvsmuhgrass

I've watched some of her other videos and I absolutely love her! Her techniques are easy to follow and a great resource.

d-rock

I thought the same thing! And she only does conditioner washes. :grin:

Wow that's awesome that she really took the time to learn about her adopted babies natural, unruly and sometimes pain in the arse hair texture. She may be a lurker on this site or somewhere else cause that kind of knowledge doesn't just fall out of the sky.

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched
Wow! I'd be struggling to do that! Very impressive! Her daughter's hair looks so thick and healthy too.

Makenzie

:lachen: You put the thread title in all caps, I came in here ready to go off.

Me too!!:lachen:

I really love how this woman took the time to learn about her daughters hair. Really inspiring. You can not judge a whole race by some of the idiots in it.