How long did it take to get from APL to BSL?

grow

Hi Ladies!

i'm just curious to have a roundabout idea since this is my first time aiming for BSL.

it seemed to take forever to get to APL and i'm so busy hiding my hair and wet bunning that i can't see any growth....not to mention the shrinkage post perm.

so what's your news? how long did it take you to go from APL to BSL?

thanks ladies!:yep:

Last edited:

grow

c'mon ladies, i know there are many of you out there that can share some experience with us......don't be shy!

LaFemmeNaturelle

Took me 4.5 months to get from full apl (relaxed and flat ironed) to a pulled bsl (meaning I pulled my 8 weeks post hair down and it reached my bra).

Oasis

grabbing life by the pussy
i was apl in december, started locking in february and when i took down my locs a few weeks ago my hair was past my brastrap. because i was locked i have no idea when it happened so i'll say about 6 months.

lilliz6

I made APL in June, I am currently about an inch before BSL pulled. I think it will be BSL pulled by the end of Nov.

grow

I made APL in June, I am currently about an inch before BSL pulled. I think it will be BSL pulled by the end of Nov.

lilliz6, it looks like you are ALREADY BSL from the looks of your siggy picture.

it's a bit more difficult to see your profile pic on my pc with the lighting, but your siggy looks so far below APL that i think you are heading to MBL territory already!

NikkiGirl

I made APL in December 09 and in mid April I was BSL. (without stretching). So about 4 to 5 months for me.

Amoreofcurls

Oh wow so I thought it would take a much longer to reach BSL from APL....I was grazing or right at APL in June so I cant wait to see what length im at by DEC.....thank you ladies for answering!!

Eclass215

Wow those do seem like fast results ladies! For me, I can't even claim full BSL yet, and I started claiming APL in Jan :ohwell:
So I'll come back in a month or two and hopefully have a real answer. Right now, I'd say it's taking me 9 or 10 months! :yep:

TLC1020

Well... It took me about 7-9 mths... I wear low bra so.. it may have been sooner but that's when I was able to tell...

BrownieBrie

I have heard a lot of women say that from APL to BSL is a piece of cake. I made APL this month and I'm hoping to BSL by this time next year.

EbonyCPrincess

I've been lurking this thread and I'm glad to see people say 10 months! Those 4-5 months are super quick and I wish! I claimed APL (just grazing) back in April and since then its just been a slow fill in. I'm not even close to BSL yet, I am hoping to be grazing by December but who knows, it may take me a year!

MsWowFactor

I expected the average to be 6 - 8 months. If I can get BSL in 4-5 months I will be amazed. Looking forward to being Amazed....

leleepop

I made it to pulled bsl quickly about 4 to 5 months, but Im giving myself a year to claim full bsl. I have alot of natural layer im trying to grow out.

lilliz6

lilliz6, it looks like you are ALREADY BSL from the looks of your siggy picture.

it's a bit more difficult to see your profile pic on my pc with the lighting, but your siggy looks so far below APL that i think you are heading to MBL territory already!

Thanks Grow, but my siggy pic is a sew-in I did a while ago. I wish it was my real hair. LOL

Chaosbutterfly

Transition Over
Not to highjack, and I hope this is okay with you grow, but I just wanted to request that when you ladies respond, that you also please mention your height and/or vaguely mention your body proportions (long torso, short torso, high waist, etc). And if you're a fast grower, slow grower, etc, please toss that in as well?
I just think it's important in these threads, because it does help put things in perspective. I'm definitely not trying to diminish anyone's hard work or anything, but height, growth rate, and body proportions make a big impact on how quickly or slowly we all reach our goals.

grow

@Chaosbutterfly, i think you brought up a good point!

i've also heard that it depends on how a person wears their bra, some wear high straps, some wear them low.

then there are the people who trim religeously every 6-8 weeks and the non trimmers, as well.

the more detailed the responses can be, the easier it will be for others to access where they're at and if they need to change something to reach their goals.

classychic1908

I'm pretty average in proportions about 5'5. It took me about a year to go from full apl to bsb. I'm a slow grower and since starting my HHJ I think I've averaged 3 inches a year.

HTH

grow

great addition D.Lisha!

just the single most important factor you feel helped you get there, will help us to understand the timing and possible tweaking necessary.

so ladies, please add HOW you did it...thanks!

LaFemmeNaturelle

Not to highjack, and I hope this is okay with you grow, but I just wanted to request that when you ladies respond, that you also please mention your height and/or vaguely mention your body proportions (long torso, short torso, high waist, etc). And if you're a fast grower, slow grower, etc, please toss that in as well?
I just think it's important in these threads, because it does help put things in perspective. I'm definitely not trying to diminish anyone's hard work or anything, but height, growth rate, and body proportions make a big impact on how quickly or slowly we all reach our goals.

I'm 5'7. I grow a bit less than .5 a month...maybe .45 lol I have long legs and a short torso (relative to my legs). And I wear my bra right bsb so they are essentially the same measurement.

Most important factor in my length retention is low manipulation and making sure my hair is never thirsty. Neither growth aides nor supplements have ever helped me. I am anemic, I take a multi-vitamin, b-complex and an iron supplement. I've tried biotin, msm, sulfur, and various oils that are supposed to encourage growth and I workout. And I only trim when I use heat so last year, my trims were in June, August (made apl), and November. I have not trimmed since then and I made bsl in January.

ETA: I WILL say that I think my hair is growing slower this year but I'm not sure exactly why. This year, I've determined my growth rate to be .5 a month. I don't know what it was last year but I know it was more than .5 a month and closer to an .75 a month. I'm still working on figuring out how to get back to that rate.

Last edited:

NJoy

Here I grow again!
I'm gonna say 4 months. I'm 5'8", average torso. I used a homemade sulfur mix and kept my ends on lockdown. Felt like a quick trip from apl to bsl. But I was mostly relaxed then. Seems like this texlaxing makes me feel like growth is slowing but it's not. Does seem that way tho. Not complaining. I'm loving the thickness.

Mari-Cris

Oh wow so I thought it would take a much longer to reach BSL from APL....I was grazing or right at APL in June so I cant wait to see what length im at by DEC.....thank you ladies for answering!!

Me, too. I am grazing APL and I keep lightly pulling the few hair strands down that can touch my breasts, wondering if this is real. I gotta stop obsessing and just let the process happen. But it's hard not to check everyday - LOL!

But you are right - this is encouraging. Wondering minds want to know. Thanks to everyone who answered.

Last edited:

Mari-Cris

I have promised myself to do a length check only once every 4 weeks. I think I can stick to it since I wear my hair in twists, so I really don't know the length until I take my hair out and stretch it.

Last edited: