Shoulder Length 2012 Challenge

Sugadoll

I IN.
My current lenght is neck lenght. my 4b/c hair is texlaxed at this time.
My regime is as follows; co-washing twice weekly, deep conditioning after each wash, grape seed oil added to co-wash conditioner and ORS replensishing. Grape seed oil to lenght of my hair, oiling my scalp daily with cayenne oil(grapeseed oil that has been held in a bottle with a bunch of cayenne pepper for 2 weeks) Wigging it.

Last edited:

RoundEyedGirl504

What is your current length? NL

What is your goal date to make Shoulder length? August 2012

Are you relaxed, natural, texlaxed,transitioning (state the date you plan to BC), other? Relaxed

What is your plans on obtaining shoulder length? Wigging primarily over the next 3 months, then roller sets, along with clean diet (minimal processed foods) and plenty water, also cutting caffeine

What is your ultimate goal length? BSL

back2relaxed

Count me in...

What is your current length? Ear length sides, tapered in the back, shorter

What is your goal date to make Shoulder length? 07/31/12

Are you relaxed, natural, texlaxed,transitioning (state the date you plan to BC), other? Relaxed

What is your plans on obtaining shoulder length? Healthy hair care...DC, moisturizing 2x daily, sealing 2x daily, reduce heat usage as hair grows, increase p/s as hair grows,

What is your ultimate goal length? right about shoulder length, on the sides, and inverted in back at neck length. A edgy bob...

I'll update the photos as soon as my phone lets me???:perplexed And I'll update my progress weekly.

I'm up for a relaxer touch up and trim on 12.03. I'm hoping for some add'l growth by then, I haven't had a relaxer or trim since 09.23. I may not get the taper from the salon when I go and let my kid's barber do it for less money! My hair is growing out nicely and very thick and healthy. I'll be glad when it is longer so I can get back to setting it. I plan to invest in some perm rods in the coming weeks and setting it weekly or every other week to keep the heat off. ONce I grow the top down, over the tapered portion then I can start to wear my phony ponys and phony buns. I had great success with those when I was growing my hair out for my wedding a few years back. Rollersets, low direct heat, cowashes in the warmer months, and phony ponies/buns, were a godsend for me. All those things, plus moisturizing and sealing assisted me in rarely having to get trims, which meant major retention.

I have gotten fairly lazy with the moisturizing b/c I've had a short cut for 1.5 years. Now that I'm back to growing it out, I have to work on remembering to moisturize and seal morning and night. I may also have enough hair to try and wrap it at night to retain some curl, and I also may be able to use my Caruso's again. I'll definitely be using this group to assist me in this process! I'm not looking for long hair, just longer hair!:yep:

Last edited:

LifeafterLHCF

What is your current length?
I really don't know.My natural hair looks ear length or something but then when I stretch it I still don't know if its considered SL or CBL..

What is your goal date to make Shoulder length?
Dec 12 if not sooner.

Are you relaxed, natural, texlaxed,transitioning (state the date you plan to BC), other?
Natural currently but will be transitioning to relaxed by Summer 2012

What is your plans on obtaining shoulder length?
Finding someone to do sew ins for.I would keep them in for at least 3 months each with one month off.I would make sure to wash every 2 weeks and moisturize as much as I can through the hair.If I'm not able to get a sew in then I would be doing wigs and then of course keeping my hair cornrowed small and keep my hair moist.I will also try and order some mtg and sulfur.

What is your ultimate goal length?
MBL

Please post a starting pictures (optional)
[IMG]http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g343/cohonba5/CIMG0093-1.jpg[/IMG]

Last edited:

back2relaxed

Ok, I just started a portion of my new SL reggie tonight. I stated that moisturizing/sealing was a huge part of how I will make it to my goal by July 2012. Like I said I've been slacking by not doing this daily and extensively because I was getting a hair cut every 6 weeks, so it didn't matter. Well now it does.

I'm trying some products that i've purchased for my kid(he is growing out his hair). So tonite I used Elasta QP Mango Butter(mine) on my edges, then I parted my hair and put some Hawaiian Silky 14 n 1 on each section at the roots(my hair is full of NG), and then I went back over each secton and sealed with castor oil. I also put some Mango Butter, HS, and Castor Oil on my ends sealed my edges as well. We'll see what this does in the morning!

destine2grow

What is your current length? about 3 in or so. I'm NL in the back ans SL on the side and my hair in the front is a little past my forehead

What is your goal date to make Shoulder length? July 2012

Are you relaxed, natural, texlaxed,transitioning (state the date you plan to BC), other? Natural

What is your plans on obtaining shoulder length? Keeping my simple regimen, PS, drinking lots of water and taking my biotin, iron, and vitamins.

What is your ultimate goal length? BSB

Please post a starting pictures (optional) by Jan 1.

feemy

What is your current length? Short, about 2-3 inches maybe

What is your goal date to make Shoulder length? 12/2012

Are you relaxed, natural, texlaxed,transitioning (state the date you plan to BC), other? Natural

What is your plans on obtaining shoulder length? Learn from past mistakes, consistent regimen
(Wash, DC, Oil Conditioning, Moisturizing and Sealing, Trimming, and Vitamins plus a healthy diet) and Cornrow extensions for the winter to protect my hair

What is your ultimate goal length? MBL

Please post a starting pictures (optional) by Jan 1. Coming Soon

LovelyRo

Please add me to this challenge... Starting over yet again. I just cut my SL hair into a NL bob last month!

What is your goal date to make Shoulder length? I want to trim off another 1-2 inches before I start growing my bob out so I'm giving myself until the Dec of next year at the latest.

What is your plans on obtaining shoulder length? Water, protein/moisture balance, low maintenance and minimal heat.

back2relaxed

Please add me to this challenge... Starting over yet again. I just cut my SL hair into a NL bob last month!

What is your goal date to make Shoulder length? I want to trim off another 1-2 inches before I start growing my bob out so I'm giving myself until the Dec of next year at the latest.

What is your plans on obtaining shoulder length? Water, protein/moisture balance, low maintenance and minimal heat.

Did you cut it for style or were you experiencing issues??

back2relaxed

Challenge starting point

Here are my starting point photos...I know I need a line up bad in the back, I'll do that today. I'll update my progress in 2 weeks once its been relaxed, so we can see if I retained any length.

Last edited:

aprils13

Hi ladies. I would love to join this challenge, but I might be overestimating my growth :drunk:

What is your current length? 1 inch, maybe??

What is your goal date to make Shoulder length? Dec 31, 2012

What is your plans on obtaining shoulder length? Moisturize, seal, and keep the ssk to a minimum

grownupnai

PICS!

To join please thank the original post.

2-3 inches on sides(ear length) and 8 1/2 inches in the crown(that's the middle, right?) which is past my top lip.

What is your goal date to make Shoulder length? Dec 2012

Are you relaxed, natural, texlaxed,transitioning (state the date you plan to BC), other? All Natural

What is your plans on obtaining shoulder length? Protective styles 95% of the time, shampoo& condition 4-6 times per week(my scalp likes it) and seal ends daily.

What is your ultimate goal length? MBL

Please post a starting pictures (optional) by Jan 1. Will do. After this school paper is done next Monday ;) Graduation 2012!

Thank you for starting this challenge! I was definitely waiting :)

Here they are

that's my baby bun(maybe not so protective on the short sides sometimes)

another baby bun

bun pulled out

pulled to middle of chin(originally thought top lip, but middle of chin actually)

let loose length

right side

left side

nape at an angle(sorry) combed out

I will try and get my someone to take an accurate photo of my nape.
I will also ask someone with a nicer camera to take my progress pics in March for my 1/4 of a year update :yep:
:)

Attachments

• Snapshot_20111121.JPG
    Snapshot_20111121.JPG
    42.4 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

grownupnai

Re: PICS!

Do people think it's realistic to grow my nape to shoulder length in 2012? I think this is the first time I've ever actually measured my growth and not just woken up one day and realized my hair grew to a dramatically different length (actually months, years). I'm also a bit paranoid that I've been shedding more hair every day for the past week +

grownupnai

Re: Challenge starting point

Here are my starting point photos...I know I need a line up bad in the back, I'll do that today. I'll update my progress in 2 weeks once its been relaxed, so we can see if I retained any length.

I look forward to following your progress! I think we have similar starting lengths(in most of my hair) Your cut is cute.

LuvlyRain3

God luck to all the ladies in this challenge!! I was so excited when I hit sl! I how all of you reach your goals!!

30something

Do people think it's realistic to grow my nape to shoulder length in 2012? I think this is the first time I've ever actually measured my growth and not just woken up one day and realized my hair grew to a dramatically different length (actually months, years). I'm also a bit paranoid that I've been shedding more hair every day for the past week +

I think it possible if you retain all 6 inches you grow.

aprils13

:yep::yep: I think so. We have similar starting points and I plan on making full sl by Dec 2012

13roots

I'm so glad someone started a challenge thread for 2012 because I'm soooo ready to get started on this! Thanks OP! I am inspired by the successes from the 2011 thread where I was lurking and hope to continue to be inspired by fellow 2012 challengers.

What is your current length? Between nape and neck length

What is your goal date to make Shoulder length? August, 2012 in time for my 30th birthday bash. My hair grows very slowly, so this is probably an ambitious date but I'll be Mega-tekking, Sulphur-oiling, and adding on scalp massages to help stimulate hair growth.

What is your plans on obtaining shoulder length? Weekly DC with steam, Pre-poo 1x2-weeks, mid-week cowashes, regular protein treatments, rollersets and braids for protective styling, and stretching my relaxer touch-ups to 3-4months.

What is your ultimate goal length? I'd be very happy at BSL

ETA: starting pic (taken Jan 12, 2012)

Last edited:
I want to join.

Neck length

What is your goal date to make Shoulder length?
December 2012 (slow grower)

Are you relaxed, natural, texlaxed,transitioning, other?
Natural

What is your plans on obtaining shoulder length?
Cornrows extensions and growth aids

What is your ultimate goal length?
Would love to be BSL

xu93texas

I'm in! Thanks op for this challenge. :drunk:

What is your current length? somewhere between nape and neck length

What is your goal date to make Shoulder length? 6/01/2012

Are you relaxed, natural, texlaxed,transitioning (state the date you plan to BC), other? Transitioning- Last relaxer 9/17/2011

What is your plans on obtaining shoulder length? protective styling (will be getting my first sew in Dec/Jan.; roller setting, stretching relaxers, prenatal vitamins, MSM, biotin, protein shakes, eating right, BMGS, JBCO, Vatika oil for nightly scalp massages, and low manipulation.

Please post a starting pictures (optional) by Jan 1. Will do

starting pics: Relaxer 12/30/11(failed transition attempt :ohwell:)

Last edited: