HELP!!! I GOT A PRESS AND CURL THAT ........

blazingthru

MADE MY HAIR Straight. its permanently straight now. especially my bang. its completely straight all i have to do is put a roller in and its curled. I kind of guessed there was a problem when it was straighten because it would not hold a curl I thought that was strange, my hair laid down straight for almost two weeks. So today I washed it out. I was missing my curls only to discovered that it was totally damaged and pin straight in areas all througout my scalp. HELP!! what do I do. I am not ready to cut if off, I am getting twist on Sunday.

FlawedBeauty

sounds like heat damage. try washing a few more times see if it snaps back. are you natural? also, did they wash your hair first or put anything in it. salons have been known to mix mild relaxers in with conditioners to make the straightening process easier for them.

hothair

Do a hard aphogee 2 step (proteing)treatment and DC for the next 2-3 weeks, your hair may revert

blazingthru

Do a hard aphogee 2 step (proteing)treatment and DC for the next 2-3 weeks, your hair may revert
Okay thank you, I will try this when i get home. I can't wait to get home. everyone at work thinks it so cute, I don't care if these folks don't like my natural hair at all. They make me sick. I hate it. it looks a mess. I got curly and straight hair everywhere. I feel better now I know there is a possiblity... THanks so much. I'll keep you posted.

blazingthru

sounds like heat damage. try washing a few more times see if it snaps back. are you natural? also, did they wash your hair first or put anything in it. salons have been known to mix mild relaxers in with conditioners to make the straightening process easier for them.

Some one said they use a sealant or something that sometimes makes your hair straight. I am hoping it wash out. but I am totally natural. I been natural for four years now. I love my natural hair. and I miss it.

Eiano

Sorry BT,

most likely the damage is permanant. Once the protein bonds are broken, there's no fixing them. Like they suggested, try doing a good DC. I thought this had happened to me when I was natural, but once I did a *good* wash and DC my hair bounced back.

mscocoface

More than likely the damage will not be corrected. You will need to get mentally prepared for that and deal with the straight bangs.

I am looking at your avi and it looks like you have color also. This for some will relax the natural texture of your hair and with the color and the hard press it sometimes compounds the issue.

It is unfortunate.

Last edited:

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
I agree with the others in that you need to wash (clarify) and do a hard protein treatment and then do a couple of DCs to see what happens, and then assess the damage left over. I hope the damage isn't as bad and you are able to work with it. Good luck!

blazingthru

OMG I hope not. I got a deep conditioner and sat under the dryer and she then rinsed and blew my hair out it looked and felt normal not straight at all.

blazingthru

More than likely the damage will not be corrected. You will need to get mentally prepared for that and deal with the straight bangs.

I am looking at your avi and it looks like you have color also. This for some will relax the natural texture of your hair and with the color and the hard press it sometimes compounds the issue.

It is unfortunate.

I wish I could take photos, that picture in my avi is like 3 years old. I have no color in my hair and my hair is longer then that now.

bludaydreamr

this recently happen to me all well. Clarify your hair and follow up with Aphogee. My damage is mid-shaft, so I'll have to grow it out for the most part. Luckily its not as noticeable, but I am very tempted to cut the damage out, cause I don't want it to watch it break off.

blazingthru

this recently happen to me all well. Clarify your hair and follow up with Aphogee. My damage is mid-shaft, so I'll have to grow it out for the most part. Luckily its not as noticeable, but I am very tempted to cut the damage out, cause I don't want it to watch it break off.

What!!! you mean if i have straight hairs it could break off??? I never for one moment imagine that could happen, now I am really depressed. she burnt my entire front. its all perfectly straight.

bludaydreamr

What!!! you mean if i have straight hairs it could break off??? I never for one moment imagine that could happen, now I am really depressed. she burnt my entire front. its all perfectly straight.

My strands are fine for the most part, so when I first washed my hair out a clump of straight hair came out. I have been conditioning with moisture(leKair) and protein(apoghee) I haven't seen that much come out since, but I am going to be realistic. The damage is mid shaft, so I just feel it is likely to break off that may not be the case for you. Just be gentle and take care of you hair. I've been natural 2 years. This is my second setback I had a bald spot the size of a silver dollar last year from braids that were too tight. Luckily it started to grow back; now I have about 3- 4 inches of hair. I know it's disappointing, but don't let it get you down; just work to get your hair back in the best health you can. *hugs*

When I take my hair down, I'll take pics, I was disgusted with my hair yesterday.

kmn1980

Emoticons don't affect me
Keep washing. My grandma is the queen of the hard press. I remember that from childhood. It will revert but you have to make a concerted effort to get it to revert.

PuddingPop

sounds like heat damage. try washing a few more times see if it snaps back. are you natural? also, did they wash your hair first or put anything in it. salons have been known to mix mild relaxers in with conditioners to make the straightening process easier for them.[/QUOTE]

What??? :perplexed please tell me the bolded is not true :nono::nono::nono:

Fine 4s

Think of a rubber band stretched out to its max. The next step is for it to naturally snap. Your hair has losts its elasticity b/c of both the tension and heat applied to it. This is why I stopped heat straightening my hair, it was breakage city for my fine hairs!